Option to set mods to match save

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Option to set mods to match save

Post by sparr »

I'd like to be able to pick a saved game and click a button to set my enabled/disabled mods to match the mods used in the save, restart the game, and then automatically load that save.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Option to set mods to match save

Post by daniel34 »

FFF #141 - Mod Portal wrote:There are a lot of features that we want to still add to all this and they will be slowly appearing with 0.13.x patches. This is more a list of ideas, than a list of confirmed features, some of them might not be implemented.
  • Automatic installation of mods when loading a modded save
  • Automatic installation of mods when connecting to a modded multiplayer game
I think the first point on that list covers your suggestion, although I'm not sure on how that will work with mods that are not available on the mod portal or mods where you changed config settings.

I know your suggestion isn't directly related to the mod portal as your usecase would be mods that already are in the mods directory and just need to be enabled/disabled for the specific save, but I hope they'll implement it in a way where it first checks the local mod folder, then a local cache of mods (previously downloaded from the mod portal) and then the mod portal.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”