Version 0.12.35

Information about releases and roadmap.
maurojunior2011
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Version 0.12.35

Post by maurojunior2011 »

kovarex wrote:You can get achievements with mods, but they are in different category and they are not reported to steam.

If I activate an achievement in a save with MOD, then you can enable it again, but without MOD another new save (now reporting to steam)?

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

similarly if I cheat with the console (to give me the research and a few chests with everything needed) will the achievements be stopped from being reported to Steam?

GameJunky
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GameJunky »

I assume the Save will be flagged in some way that indicates console or mods have been used.

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

Or maybe not. See XCom2. There you can get all achievments with mods, which made them pathetic.

But I am not a achievment hunter :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I have seen mention of certain commands that aren't cheaty that don't activate an achievement prevention, so with this small piece of information, we can confirm that using the console will block steam achievements.

As for mods, the question is still open.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

joseph222
Inserter
Inserter

Post by joseph222 »

This is the most perfect version of factorio! :!:

nmid
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nmid »

even if mods aren't used, a simple editing of the core files will get you Overpowered or ultra cheap items.

Not sure how you can keep a player who wants an advantage away from getting those achievements.

Personally, it's going to be more of a challenge for myself to get those achievements in a regular game, then using my standard mods.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

nmid wrote:even if mods aren't used, a simple editing of the core files will get you Overpowered or ultra cheap items.

Not sure how you can keep a player who wants an advantage away from getting those achievements.
Checksumming.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

nmid wrote:even if mods aren't used, a simple editing of the core files will get you Overpowered or ultra cheap items.

Personally, it's going to be more of a challenge for myself to get those achievements in a regular game, then using my standard mods.
Well, you could always hack the game some to get it for free, but what is the point then?

catt0
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by catt0 »

kovarex wrote:Well, you could always hack the game some to get it for free, but what is the point then?
So in a sense I would automate playing Factorio...

madtulip
Inserter
Inserter

Post by madtulip »

one might also read into how C and IDA https://www.hex-rays.com/products/ida/ works in order to disassemble factorios code and call the function which triggers the achievements directly without even playing it for an educational achievement.

mumble mumble .. still no 0.13... mumble mumble

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

madtulip wrote:one might also read into how C and IDA https://www.hex-rays.com/products/ida/ works in order to disassemble factorios code and call the function which triggers the achievements directly without even playing it for an educational achievement.
Isn't that a little bit overkill?
(I think thats not allowed for this commercial software too, is it?)

IMO its easier to use wireshark, to capture the network traffic to catch the notifications send to the server.
Then you can send them again for the other achievements. I guess you can get the achievement id using "strings".
If you have issues with TLS then you have to MITM the connection...
(This might be illegal in some countries)
madtulip wrote:mumble mumble .. still no 0.13... mumble mumble
Relax, take a sunbath, if there is any sun available.
If not, build one.

shaun
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by shaun »

If you really wanted to decompile the entire codebase and try to find the exact code in your mess of assembly language that sends achievements, then heck, I think you deserve an achievement lmao
Then you can send them again for the other achievements. I guess you can get the achievement id using "strings".
This would actually be really easily solved simply by TLS, sure you can sniff/record/etc. whatever achievement being sent, but you'd only be able to replay getting that same achievement over and over again, not the other ones.. I think as long as they use common sense, they'll be ok.

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

shaun wrote:If you really wanted to decompile the entire codebase and try to find the exact code in your mess of assembly language that sends achievements, then heck, I think you deserve an achievement lmao
This would actually be really easily solved simply by TLS, sure you can sniff/record/etc. whatever achievement being sent, but you'd only be able to replay getting that same achievement over and over again, not the other ones.. I think as long as they use common sense, they'll be ok.
If you dont break TLS then you wont be able to even resend the achievement notification. And if you break through TLS then you can get any achievement by changing the contained achievement id/uuid/name.

But you are right while it actually would be fun to try. It would be a different kind of fun than achieving it ingame. (And if you dont achieved anything well then you are just a cheater.)

madtulip
Inserter
Inserter

Post by madtulip »

bNarFProfCrazy wrote: (I think thats not allowed for this commercial software too, is it?)
You would of course be accused of illegal acquisition of steam achievements in multiple cases and likely be exiled from da internetz in general! :o
bNarFProfCrazy wrote: Relax, take a sunbath, if there is any sun available.
If not, build one.
bNarFProfCrazy wrote: Isn't that a little bit overkill?
:lol:

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zeblote »

shaun wrote:If you really wanted to decompile the entire codebase and try to find the exact code in your mess of assembly language that sends achievements, then heck, I think you deserve an achievement lmao
It's not hard, if they give us a .pdb file again :D

creekz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by creekz »

https://steamdb.info/app/427520/depots/

Dev build updated 29 minutes ago. Hype!

ThreePounds
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ThreePounds »

creekz wrote:https://steamdb.info/app/427520/depots/

Dev build updated 29 minutes ago. Hype!
from reddit:

14:12 <@HanziQ> it was supposed to be a 0.13 testing build for steam features but I fucked up and build 0.12 branch accidentaly :D

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Does this mean the 0.12.36 is the 0.13 ;)

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

dee-
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dee- »

No, because he built the wrong code branch

Return to “Releases”