Topics and discussion about specific mods
Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Landfill (2.1.7)

Post by Arch666Angel »

orzelek wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
seronis wrote:In that case once you see his mod is loaded cant you just set the stone entity to have a zero spawn rate instead of deleting it? Bobs mods has ores that dont spawn under some configurations (nickle)
Bob does disable/enable the entities via settings, so depending on your settings the entity will be created or not. Might be easier to "steal" some code if Rseding91 is ok with that and include it in my mod.
You can drop autoplace from entity and keep it.
I can see that one landfill use is commented as small "cheat" to update the minimap. Other use actually spawns some stone after explosion so it would be still able to spawn it.
Wouldn't this not again trigger the spawn with RSO? :P

Edit: Oh forgot the addition to the main config, will try what happens with the stone entity still activated.

katanatan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by katanatan »

Dear Rseding,
I followed your instructions but the bombs would still not destroy the land (or everything of it) and there would yet be tiles of land leftover.
I have uploaded 3 images that show that quite clearly.

I personally think that this would not unbalance the game, especially for the cost of the bomb, but no matter what i think,
can u instruct us how to change this fault of leftover earth correctly and how to change the area of destrucion of the area for freedom of choice?
Thanks Katanatan

Edit: It is the first time I post something on a Forum and the Imgur link is not shown correctly.
http://imgur.com/a/K0GvW

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

Did you put a bomb on that little island and see if it blows up ?

katanatan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by katanatan »

Yes, thats what i did. I did many more tests though, blown about 100 bombs, everytime trying to creat lakes (small lakes) and not just waterholes. But even with the data file edited it could not be done.

I just want to have a `terraforming`mod which allows you to create water where you like and landfill it where you like aswell. it is a mod and not the basegame.

tincopper2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tincopper2 »

Agreed, how would someone create a mod like this?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

That's by design, the bombs aren't meant for making moats. You can use the map editor to make moats if you like.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

Rseding91 wrote:That's by design, the bombs aren't meant for making moats. You can use the map editor to make moats if you like.
I've seen dozens upondozens upon dozens of posts where the map editor is not script aware and it breaks saves using mods. The map editor is worthless outside of unmodded games and this is not a viable alternative.

Craftian
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Craftian »

When ever I try to load a map with the mod enabled, it gives me a error:
__Landfill__/control.lua:33: attempt to index global 'game' (a nil value)
How can I fix this?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Craftian wrote:When ever I try to load a map with the mod enabled, it gives me a error:
How can I fix this?
Don't use the version from the factorio mods website and use the version I provide on the first post that's updated and compatible with 0.12.33 :P

Craftian
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Craftian »

Rseding91 wrote:
Craftian wrote:When ever I try to load a map with the mod enabled, it gives me a error:
How can I fix this?
Don't use the version from the factorio mods website and use the version I provide on the first post that's updated and compatible with 0.12.33 :P
That works! Thanks!

Lokriel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Lokriel »

the bombs do not work you cant make a area of water bigger than 3x3 if you try it will place land into the water when you try to blow up a new hole

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Lokriel wrote:the bombs do not work you cant make a area of water bigger than 3x3 if you try it will place land into the water when you try to blow up a new hole
That's by design. They're only meant to make a 3x3 of water. You can setup 8 pumps on that.

keryja
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by keryja »

It would look nicer for my steam engine set-up to have a straight moat, I tried to figure out how to change the mod to allow that but couldn't figure it out, what would I have to change for that?

Tnarg
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tnarg »

keryja wrote:It would look nicer for my steam engine set-up to have a straight moat, I tried to figure out how to change the mod to allow that but couldn't figure it out, what would I have to change for that?
Dont know if it works but this might be helpful:
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=4973&start=90#p100019

keryja
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by keryja »

Tnarg wrote:
keryja wrote:It would look nicer for my steam engine set-up to have a straight moat, I tried to figure out how to change the mod to allow that but couldn't figure it out, what would I have to change for that?
Dont know if it works but this might be helpful:
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=4973&start=90#p100019
I completely missed that, thanks!

sporefreak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by sporefreak »

EDIT:
Nvm wrong mod .-.

spenmich
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by spenmich »

Hey there. Awesome mod. I just installed it but I'm not able to open my world. What's going on? Thanks.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

spenmich wrote:Hey there. Awesome mod. I just installed it but I'm not able to open my world. What's going on? Thanks.
Are you using the latest version download off the front post? Is it giving any kind of error?

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Hi all. I love this mod. It is very useful especially when you want to make an elegant factory and not affected by the water. But for me, the original settings are too easy. In endgame, when even the Behemoth enemies cannot stop you, water is the only obstacle to stop you from expanding the factory, and this mod can eliminate it with ease. Therefore, the items should be accessible only in endgame and with high cost. I have made myself some changes for this purpose and would like to share them to you:

Technology
First of all, I have added technologies required to access the terraforming items.
Images
They can only be researched after Rocket Silo. Why? Because, if you remember, the primary goal of this game is to launch a rocket (for whatever purpose) and terraforming is supposed to be very time-consuming. You shouldn't have time to study about that before knowing how to build the rocket. Also, I think you don't really need terraforming in the early game as your factory shouldn't be too big that you can't find an alternative place to build stuffs.

Recipes
Recipes are much expensive and time-consuming as shown below. Also, you cannot handcraft them, i.e. only craftable on assembly machines.
Images
Namely you need Alien Artifacts to craft them. You are on an alien planet, of course you need alien things to terraform!
For the Water-Be-Gone, if you have enough Landfills, it is the automatic and very fast way to turn the whole lake into land. Therefore, it requires Speed Module 3. Anyway, it is expensive, so it is better to use landfills manually. :P
(Surprisingly I found the original recipe of the Shaped Compression Bomb to be quite reasonable, so I just added 3 Alien Artifacts to it.)

Item stack sizes
I have reduced the item stack sizes as following so you are now harder to store them even if you have the materials to craft:
Landfill 2x2: 256 -> 200
Landfill 4x4: disabled. It is just the compacted version of 2x2, isn't it?
Water-Be-Gone: 64 -> 10
Shaped Compression Bomb: 64 -> 20

Last but not least, if you don't like the above changes and want to switch back to the original settings, you can go to the config.lua file and change the value of "hardMode" to "false".
Have fun!
(Please feel free to include it in the next official update. :))

Note: I haven't added any migration code. I can't guarantee there is no problem if you enable hard mode in existing save, especially when you have stored Landfill 4x4 items. They are marked as "hidden" in hard mode. You can't request them from logistic network.
Attachments
Landfill_2.1.8.zip
Added hard mode.
(115.53 KiB) Downloaded 186 times

GamesAreLife
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by GamesAreLife »

Got error message "__Landfill__/control.lua:33: attempt to index global 'game' (a nil value)" when loading or starting a game as of build 0.12.35

Return to “Mods”