bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.34] Orbital Ion Cannon 1.2.3

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

I guess this can be fixed using the item's prototype's property called:

Code: Select all

dark_background_icon
See coal in base/property/items/demo-items.lua.

Here some suggestions for that (dark-background) image:
crosshairs_backNWhite.png
crosshairs_backNWhite.png (904 Bytes) Viewed 7718 times
(The above image with dark background.)
crosshairs_blackNWhiteNBlack.png
crosshairs_blackNWhiteNBlack.png (852 Bytes) Viewed 7718 times
An inverted image
crosshairs_white.png
crosshairs_white.png (576 Bytes) Viewed 7718 times
(The above image with dark background.)
crosshairs_whiteNBlack.png
crosshairs_whiteNBlack.png (557 Bytes) Viewed 7718 times

Panasonic1
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Panasonic1 »

Hello! Thank you for your mod! I am playing with a big pleasure!

I have small suggestion: the spawn scanning and attacking begins from the upper left corner. Maybe it is good idea to make it random? Like turning on lamps in vanilla

DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DevilXD »

Panasonic1 wrote:Hello! Thank you for your mod! I am playing with a big pleasure!

I have small suggestion: the spawn scanning and attacking begins from the upper left corner. Maybe it is good idea to make it random? Like turning on lamps in vanilla
To Supercheese:

You can do it by changing this:

return spawners[1]
to this:

return spawners[math.random(#spawners)]
And same thing for worms of course =)

charlie3782
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by charlie3782 »

I would for sure like to see the cannons fall out of orbit after being used a certain number of times. Sure the player has a lot of resources by the time they get to this level, might as well make them use em up!

DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DevilXD »

charlie3782 wrote:I would for sure like to see the cannons fall out of orbit after being used a certain number of times. Sure the player has a lot of resources by the time they get to this level, might as well make them use em up!
It would be a cool addition, if configurable of course :)

Wakaba-chan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wakaba-chan »

Hello,

Thank you very much for this mod! It makes late-game much more fun when you should wipe dozens of biters nests to conquer new fields. :D
But each time I launch Ion Cannon, Vanilla Factorio disappoints me with the message "Rocket was launched without satellite" and does not increase launched rocket counter. :c Could you probably fix this, please? I don't play Bob's mods, only Base + RSO.

And about your question in 1st post
I've considered a couple possibilities for future development, if there's interest:
Different types of orbital weaponry? Kinetic projectiles? Missiles?
Missiles - yes. If you love C&C series as me, you should be aware of devastating NOD's missiles! How about nuclear weapon, hm? Say, it should have much-much more AoE than Ion Cannon and vipe everything on whole continent (with default map generator settings): rocks, trees... and biters of course. But also it will make this territory unusable for you. For example, for 5 hours of real time. If you enter this area - you will just get periodical damage from radiation and die soon.

I think THIS is what rockets should be launched for :mrgreen:

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Wakaba-chan wrote: But each time I launch Ion Cannon, Vanilla Factorio disappoints me with the message "Rocket was launched without satellite" and does not increase launched rocket counter. :c Could you probably fix this, please? I don't play Bob's mods, only Base + RSO.
Not possible in 0.12 to do this with a mod. But you can fix it yourself. viewtopic.php?f=93&t=17910&start=130#p164292

Wakaba-chan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wakaba-chan »

Qon wrote:
Wakaba-chan wrote: But each time I launch Ion Cannon, Vanilla Factorio disappoints me with the message "Rocket was launched without satellite" and does not increase launched rocket counter. :c Could you probably fix this, please? I don't play Bob's mods, only Base + RSO.
Not possible in 0.12 to do this with a mod. But you can fix it yourself. viewtopic.php?f=93&t=17910&start=130#p164292
Thank you for advice! Though it's better to change line 65 to "if true then" to make game not only hide annoying message, but to count rockets correctly. I tested it right now and it seems working!

I love Factorio for such flexibility.

Also I love this mod. Finally, game deals with enemies by itself. Brilliant. Now I finally can do something interesting, not boring cleaning territory.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Wakaba-chan wrote: Thank you for advice! Though it's better to change line 65 to "if true then" to make game not only hide annoying message, but to count rockets correctly. I tested it right now and it seems working!

I love Factorio for such flexibility.

Also I love this mod. Finally, game deals with enemies by itself. Brilliant. Now I finally can do something interesting, not boring cleaning territory.
I don't know how satellite radar mod counts radars and if it uses that number or it's own counter. It would be cheaty if I get better radars from launching IC also and not just satellites q: And I'm not sure yet if I want points for launching IC's.

If I wanted to I could just increase the counter with a command if I feel like adding the IC counter to my score so I might do this later.

Sacredd
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sacredd »

Suggestion for image in technology research tree:
icon64.png
icon64.png (11.59 KiB) Viewed 7573 times

StompDonkey
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.33] Orbital Ion Cannon 1.2.1

Post by StompDonkey »

Supercheese wrote:You can add longer range in the config all you like, and you shouldn't encounter too many problems if you have only a couple auto-targeters. But performance problems can arise if you have more than a dozen of them all scanning 500+ tile radii around themselves...
how?

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.35] Orbital Ion Cannon 1.2.3

Post by Supercheese »

You need to edit the mod's config.lua file in your favorite text editor. The options therein are explained in good detail.

You'll likely want to extract the mod .zip to gain access to editing this file, of course.

CaptainRush
Inserter
Inserter

Post by CaptainRush »

hello,

first: thanks alot for this mod i love it

now: i have built some of those blue scanning radars, but i dont know why, they never find spawners and shoot automatically at them

can anyone explain how to use the auto-fire function?

thanks alot

CR

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

CaptainRush wrote: now: i have built some of those blue scanning radars, but i dont know why, they never find spawners and shoot automatically at them

can anyone explain how to use the auto-fire function?
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

Send rockets with Ion Cannons. Place auto targeter on the ground. If the there is a base within the targeting distance and you have a cannon ready it will fire.

CaptainRush
Inserter
Inserter

Post by CaptainRush »

ok i placed some radars in an outpost and it detected enemies and fired...is there a way to see where they actually fired?

DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DevilXD »

CaptainRush wrote:ok i placed some radars in an outpost and it detected enemies and fired...is there a way to see where they actually fired?
You can see that on the minimap, if you not zoomed out too far and have a radar coverage of the target. You have about 7 seconds after hearing the siren to see where it's firing, before the marker disappears...

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

The mod was fantastic even before auto fire control.

Only one thing annoys the heck out of me.
Is there a way to remove the "Rocket fired without satellite" message?

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Optera wrote:The mod was fantastic even before auto fire control.

Only one thing annoys the heck out of me.
Is there a way to remove the "Rocket fired without satellite" message?
viewtopic.php?f=93&t=17910&start=140#p165680

BULIGO
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BULIGO »

Hello!
Many thanks for your awesome mod!
Is it cheesy? Yes. Is it cheaty? If you want it to be. My case: i simply LOVE to smash alien lairs. Doing that from day one (in-game) to the last minute. Result: by the time i start sending rockets into space, 80%+ enemies are behemoths. The ramp off from big mobs to behemoths is staggering. What I am experiencing is a non-stop onrush of aliens with 5k health and 100 damage. My walls melt away together with turret batteries. Repairing/building stuff is amusing to a point. the game became ripetitive and bori..er..un-fun. ;) So i installed the terraforming mod and moated my whole base in. It made the game super-easy but still more monotonous with the alien horde throwing looks at me across the moat and doing nothing just lookin' hard.
The Orbital ion cannon mod helped: first it does cost me an arm and a leg to launch one single cannnon into space (not a min-maxer so the bleeding on my economy is painful). Then, I am enjoying doing what some army special forces do: when the aliens get cocky, i jump on my Jeep, roam around, find the nearest alien base, 'paint' the target and Kazam! no more base. Collect the lewt, next base.
The auto-targeting system is covering parts of my base that i don't have interest hunting for aliens, and i let open another section for my alien 'safari' excursions. Also awesome for protecting my distant radar outposts.
P.S. I upped the damage and blast radius to destroy a middle sized alien lair and kill most (sometimes, but not always all) the Behemoths. Also, after a bit of experimenting, i found the scan radius of 300 to be ideal for my playstyle. I prefer a bit wider scan range and few scanners to the other way around (less cluttering of the map, important for my old toaster-PC machine).
I am not using the uplink because it removes the 'personal' touch of going out 'there' and kick some butts :)
Have a nice day.

Return to “Mods”