train wagons - gun wagon and roboport wagon

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

xuhao
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

train wagons - gun wagon and roboport wagon

Post by xuhao »

- I honestly dont know if this has been suggested before - And i also dont know if it makes sense to implement these things. That depends on what kind of endgame the developers are going for.

My suggestion is generally about having a mobile repair / construction station, sort of a service wagon that could repair and maintain your rail network and your stations.
the (smaler than standard?) robobort could be placed on a train wagon together with an accumulator. the accumulater would need to recharge energy for the roboport to work

As for the gun wagon it only really makes sence if you get attacked often , and/or if your trains gets attacked.
Two guns and a ammo depo, or two lasers and an accumulator that needs recharge.

thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: train wagons - gun wagon and roboport wagon

Post by thereaverofdarkness »

Howabout a flatbed wagon which you can mount stuff on? You could put a roboport, turret, accumulator, whatever you want on it. (No chests allowed of course.)

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

thereaverofdarkness wrote:Howabout a flatbed wagon which you can mount stuff on? You could put a roboport, turret, accumulator, whatever you want on it. (No chests allowed of course.)
This would be really cool to have - it's quite often proposed but that was nothing from devs about the feasibility of this idea.

There are some mods that try t do this but it usually looks awkward (it needs to be hacked arounda bit so there is a turret spawned from wagon etc).

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I've added it to the list of "armored trains"-suggestions under viewtopic.php?f=80&t=17734 New types of vehicles (train, tank, car, plane, ship...)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”