[MOD 0.15] ModuleInserter 2.0.0

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.12+] ModuleInserter 0.1.33

Post by Choumiko »

StormReaper wrote:Just came to say i found a pretty nasty bug, my factorio kept taking almost a minute to load a save lately so today I decided to find the cause of the issue and it appears to be this mod, in particular it save a lot of data into the script.dat file I think its the locations of all the modules i've placed? under the "removeTicks" in the table. The script file has grown over 2mb in size and it attempts to load it all from the save each time. I think its missing a removal somewhere or maybe its just the way it works not sure my lua isnt that great. Anyway hope you can help, and thanks for the mods, really appreciated.
Good catch.. and yes that is one nasty bug :roll: Working on a temporary fix right now (tbh i don't fully understand what i was doing with the data i save :D ), will make a proper fix after i got some sleep. For the giggles you can do /c remote.call("mi","saveVar") in the console. This creates a file in script-output named module.lua which contains all the stored data

Edit: Temporary fix: replace control.lua in the zip with https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Choum ... ontrol.lua and run /c remote.call("mi", "cleanup") in the console.

StormReaper
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by StormReaper »

Choumiko wrote:
StormReaper wrote:Just came to say i found a pretty nasty bug, my factorio kept taking almost a minute to load a save lately so today I decided to find the cause of the issue and it appears to be this mod, in particular it save a lot of data into the script.dat file I think its the locations of all the modules i've placed? under the "removeTicks" in the table. The script file has grown over 2mb in size and it attempts to load it all from the save each time. I think its missing a removal somewhere or maybe its just the way it works not sure my lua isnt that great. Anyway hope you can help, and thanks for the mods, really appreciated.
Good catch.. and yes that is one nasty bug :roll: Working on a temporary fix right now (tbh i don't fully understand what i was doing with the data i save :D ), will make a proper fix after i got some sleep. For the giggles you can do /c remote.call("mi","saveVar") in the console. This creates a file in script-output named module.lua which contains all the stored data

Edit: Temporary fix: replace control.lua in the zip with https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Choum ... ontrol.lua and run /c remote.call("mi", "cleanup") in the console.
That was quick, unfortunately it didn't work as it should have and I get this error I typed it out so there may be an error not sure

Code: Select all

Cannot execute command. Error: [string "remote call("mi", cleanup")"]:1: Error when running interface function micleanup: _ _ ModuleInserter _ _ /control.lua 329: attempt to index local ' proxyData' (a nil value)
However i found a temporary fix anyway, disable the mod, load save game then save again and reenable mod This clears all the data until it builds up again.

Also I forgot to mention another bug that I came across which is when the inventory is full, you get an error like this

Cannot insert Unkwon key: "entity-name.module-inserter-proxy". Player's inventory full
If you mark any buildings to insert modules to it then creates the ghost images of the modules but never does anything because of the full inventory. If you free up some inventory you can fix it but only if you select the buildings one by one (pretty long) I think it needs a check if inventory is full before it starts the marking process to give a warning to free up inventory space or something.

I now double check if inventory is not full before inserting into big mines :D

Thanks again for the work :)

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.12+] ModuleInserter 0.1.32

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to 0.1.34
  • fix error with full inventory
  • fix data not being cleaned up
  • store data by player.index instead name
  • unregister on_tick if not needed
When upgrading it will remove all unneeded data that might be there. /c remote.call("mi", "cleanup") should now work (again)
StormReaper wrote: Also I forgot to mention another bug that I came across which is when the inventory is full, you get an error like this

Cannot insert Unkwon key: "entity-name.module-inserter-proxy". Player's inventory full
Not (completely) my fault: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23901 :D
It should now only create ghosts if you have at least one free slot in the main inventory or quickbar, or already one of the proxy items in the inventory

StormReaper
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by StormReaper »

Choumiko wrote:Updated to 0.1.34
When upgrading it will remove all unneeded data that might be there. /c remote.call("mi", "cleanup") should now work (again)
StormReaper wrote: Also I forgot to mention another bug that I came across which is when the inventory is full, you get an error like this

It should now only create ghosts if you have at least one free slot in the main inventory or quickbar, or already one of the proxy items in the inventory
The config is clean now, but the game crashes if you try to use the inserter with full inventory, which is not ideal ;)

here's a log if needed
http://pastebin.com/sjXgjVVh

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

StormReaper wrote:

The config is clean now, but the game crashes if you try to use the inserter with full inventory, which is not ideal ;)

here's a log if needed
I fixed the crash for the next version of 0.12.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

StormReaper
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by StormReaper »

StormReaper wrote:

here's a log if needed
actually it crashes no matter what I didn't even try till now :(

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

I totally forgot i wanted to fix the crash.. guess i shouldn't read the forums at work.

Should be fixed in 0.12.31:
FactorioBot wrote:
  • Bugfixes
    • Fixed crash when using can_insert on the quickbar from the Lua APi.

KorGgenT
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by KorGgenT »

As soon as I used this mod I was excited for all the amazing things it would do, until i ran into some troubles with its compatibility with bob's mod. It will not insert productivity modules into machines for recipes that bob's has overridden. However I'm quite excited that i can now replace all those modules with minimal fuss!

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

KorGgenT wrote:It will not insert productivity modules into machines for recipes that bob's has overridden.
Any specific examples? I tried a few recipes, when i could insert productivity modules by hand, ModuleInserter would insert them, if i couldn't then ModuleInserter also couldn't.

I'd probably need your mod list and the configs from Bob's mods

golfmiketango
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by golfmiketango »

Feels pretty kludgy but I figured out that if you lack personal roboport, but have the autotrash mod, you can put that fake thing in autotrash and ModuleInserter will work. (At least, it W4M in my Bob's mod campaign -- I just ignored the lua error that winds up being the title of the fake thing in the UI).

Shekki
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Shekki »

This doesn't work with Personal roboport fix -mod (disables pocket robots while at another roboport network). But I just took that mod off =) just telling this if you want evolve this, like adding that network roboport robots will set modules or some kind of personal roboport that allows your pocketrobots do module insertions even over personal roboport fix mod.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Thank you very much for this mod. Saves so much time. :D

But would be even better if it used the logistics network bots when out of range from your personal roboport (or if you don't have one). Right now I have to run to every machine to get in range which is tedious. When deploying small blueprints it's very good, but once you start deploying blueprints that are huge then module insertion is loads of manual work again. I've downloaded other mods which gives me better armor (more slots), and better personal roboports (and I use many of them) and better fusion cores to get long range personal roboports. But it's still not enough when deploying things that are like 200x200 tiles or bigger.

It could have a few more config slots also so I don't have to remove settings for assembly machines to fit in the chemical plants and so on.

The awaited blueprints with modules in 0.13 will be even better than this mod in most of my cases, but that will take quite a while and this mod will still have some uses even then.

nmid
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nmid »

Wow, just found this mod while browsing the mod files.
Adding it up, this is going to save so much time.

nmid
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nmid »

Is this mod working?
While I've set up the configuration correctly, when I place a mine, the modules don't get placed.

I'm in range of a bot network that has power + both construction + logistic bots .. AND I have my own personal roboport.

Still not working.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

It doesn't insert them after you placed an entity. You need the Module Inserter item, with that you can select an area in which the entities will get modules inserted.
Gif from first post:
Qon wrote: But would be even better if it used the logistics network bots when out of range from your personal roboport (or if you don't have one). Right now I have to run to every machine to get in range which is tedious. When deploying small blueprints it's very good, but once you start deploying blueprints that are huge then module insertion is loads of manual work again. I've downloaded other mods which gives me better armor (more slots), and better personal roboports (and I use many of them) and better fusion cores to get long range personal roboports. But it's still not enough when deploying things that are like 200x200 tiles or bigger.

It could have a few more config slots also so I don't have to remove settings for assembly machines to fit in the chemical plants and so on.

The awaited blueprints with modules in 0.13 will be even better than this mod in most of my cases, but that will take quite a while and this mod will still have some uses even then.
Using stationary roboports is on the todo list. Adding more config slots should be simple.
I'm holding off on adding new stuff until 0.13 is out, so i can see what became obsolete and what i could add.

nmid
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nmid »

D'oh.
That 1st gif didn't load (slow connection or I just didn't notice) and I didn't realise I had to place it that way.
Works now, thanks for the very quick reply.

mooklepticon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mooklepticon »

I think I am going crazy, but I think it's generating the modules. I have assembler 3's set to recieve 3xEfficiency level 2's and 1x speed level 2. I don't have any speed 2's on me. It inserts them anyway. I can do this repeatedly. I checked several times.

Here's a video: http://sendvid.com/3h8lelq4

nmid
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nmid »

Are they the existing modules being replaced in the assemblers?
Their is currently no animation for the return of the old modules, they just appear in your inventory.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

mooklepticon wrote:I think I am going crazy, but I think it's generating the modules. I have assembler 3's set to recieve 3xEfficiency level 2's and 1x speed level 2. I don't have any speed 2's on me. It inserts them anyway. I can do this repeatedly. I checked several times.

Is the assembler in a logistics network? If so, ModuleInserter will take modules out of it if the player doesn't have them (see Notes in first post)

mooklepticon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mooklepticon »

Choumiko wrote:
mooklepticon wrote:I think I am going crazy, but I think it's generating the modules. I have assembler 3's set to recieve 3xEfficiency level 2's and 1x speed level 2. I don't have any speed 2's on me. It inserts them anyway. I can do this repeatedly. I checked several times.

Is the assembler in a logistics network? If so, ModuleInserter will take modules out of it if the player doesn't have them (see Notes in first post)
Yes, they are. Does it instantly get them, somehow? I have Speed 2's in network, but they're nowhere near my location.

Return to “Mods”