Yuoki Industries - Railways Core 0.6.20 (f0.16.0+)

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Railways Core 0.0.7 (f0.12.22+)

Post by YuokiTani »

Neotix wrote:
YuokiTani wrote:(...) then i continue adding new models :)
I would like to remind about overheater GFX placeholder 8-)
damn! you caught me ;) - good you remember me. i move this a little higher on my list :)

edit: looks better now ...

ElfnetGaming
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ElfnetGaming »

Is this like a steam superheater or something??

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Yes, it belongs to yi_engines.
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

driver
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by driver »

YuokiTani wrote: is that the truth and 0.13 don't break this train-mod - then i continue adding new models :)
I somehow like the sweet diesel-locomotives and smaller waggons. The smaller waggons capacities are good in my opinion for example because it's easier to set a filter and they need less inserters too unload.
Perhaps the two workshops for construction of locomotives and waggons could be better integrated in the game visually by just using the empty rails of the game?
The construction of parts could be less cluttered without the different colours, which fill up the inventory and have no use in the game apart for locomotives parts.
I would'nt mind a few, but better groundtextures for early use in the game, so far I only really like the white concrete.
Attachments
workshop.jpg
workshop.jpg (338.67 KiB) Viewed 7824 times

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

driver wrote: Perhaps the two workshops for construction of locomotives and waggons could be better integrated in the game visually by just using the empty rails of the game?
The construction of parts could be less cluttered without the different colours, which fill up the inventory and have no use in the game apart for locomotives parts.
I would'nt mind a few, but better groundtextures for early use in the game, so far I only really like the white concrete.
- yes, this was the plan ... as many of the gfx before i need to rework this and some others.

- yeah no really more use of colors at the moment - but in original i planned also mixed colors like orange, purple etc. - but now it's limited to the 5 current colors. if factorio offers in the future more options, so i can use colors to build colored-light's, chests, railroad-tracks etc. some floor-tiles uses also colors.
- if possible more cargo-wagons and locomotives will appear so more colors used. but yes i know the problem with the tile- and part-factory. locomotive and cargo-wagon assembly is designed todo some work with hands to get a connection to your built locomotive. ;)
- it's atm unclear how far this mod can go with only railroad-focus things - as example water-tower, cokery for coks, steam-crane for load/unload, crossings, fences to prevent train accidents etc.

- yes, i want to test these floor-tiles and get feedback - and yes not all are good, but you can only see this if you compare to others.

driver
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by driver »

I usually like to build a railway as early as possible and low frequency for ressources on maps, but I don't really like to use very long transportbelts or my inventory for transport and I believe it's easier to plan a small base with integrated railway from the start than to add a railway later to your base.
I don't know if it would make sense to automate steamlocomotives, but it would probably be better to reduce the required techlevels and keep out the fluidhandling/oilindustry at least for steamlocomotives. You could use waggons for storing materials at mining posts and drive them manually to your base.
If you want to keep the colours, I suggest to only use them on parts and not in the workshops, where you choose which locomotive you want to construct.
Concerning groundtextures, there was a mod called roadworks 2.0, which isn't up to date but seem to have a few good looking textures (cobblestone and pavement) judging from the screenshots.

epiccraft_tv
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by epiccraft_tv »

Anyone know why when I launch Factorio on 0.12.33, I get an error saying "Error in assignID, item with name 'y-slag' does not exist."?

-Epic

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

epiccraft_tv wrote:Anyone know why when I launch Factorio on 0.12.33, I get an error saying "Error in assignID, item with name 'y-slag' does not exist."?
-Epic
Do you have the latest version ? - look at this post here viewtopic.php?f=70&t=15303&start=70

i hope somewhere in the future factorio can handle these dependency-things better.

Hyratel
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hyratel »

would it be possible (reasonable?) to get a tech tree integration for YI Trains? it doesn't make sense to have all the train systems available from the start, at least not until you unlock Railways; and it clutters the build menus.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

It's unlikely. Besides, the railway stuff has its own tab so how is that cluttering anything?

miturion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by miturion »

YuokiTani wrote:
driver wrote:
- it's atm unclear how far this mod can go with only railroad-focus things - as example water-tower, cokery for coks, steam-crane for load/unload, crossings, fences to prevent train accidents etc.
Yes, please :D
Especially the steam crane sound cool.

epiccraft_tv
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by epiccraft_tv »

Is there a faster version of the Steam Era Monument? If there isn't I think that adding one or adding the ability to add speed modules to it would be awesome!

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

epiccraft_tv wrote:Is there a faster version of the Steam Era Monument? If there isn't I think that adding one or adding the ability to add speed modules to it would be awesome!
Plop a beacon/s next to it and speed it up ?

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Railways Core 0.3.8 (f0.13.0+)

Post by YuokiTani »

only core updated yet - and i'am going to sleep now.
at leat some locomotives and cargo-wagons are mobile.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Railways Core 0.3.8 (f0.13.0+)

Post by Neotix »

I have suggestion for locomotives and wagons descriptions.
With so many locos and wagons it's hard to figure out which is faster/slower or have more power, how many slots wagons have ale their weight.
You made descriptions in thread with Railways Additions but not for all of them and it not include Railways Core.

What I want to suggest is to change descriptions that include parameters. e.g. 108/49@20k (speed 108 without cargo and 49 with 20k cargo) for locomotive and 20/20k for wagons (20 slots and 20k weight).

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Railways Core 0.3.9 (f0.13.1+)

Post by YuokiTani »

Situation:
the factorio-update 0.13 changes the train behavior and how the gfx should work with stretching and color-codeing. so far so good.
but here comes the downside for YI-Railways + Addons, i have added to many locomotives (26) and cargo-wagons (34). for almost all, new gfx-sheets needed, for locomotives twice if i would give you the color-option. also i need to figure out, how the new connection and joint-distance measured - so i can still support shorter train-stuff.

Outlook:
if i take a look into the future i feel like the situation in minecraft with Forge. before i have all updates finished, a new (or 2) version comes out and makes the previous work nearly useless.
So next updates/downloads are only to maintain a status where you can play with current trains - and the gfx or beheavoir is behind the actual game-development. you need to be a great railway-fan to continue useing this mod and addons.
it's nearly impossible to make again ~ 60 sheets in the timeframe where the factorio-devs are made 2. so over time stuff gets removed instead of added ^^ - on the pro-side a much cleaner Railways-Tab.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

It's not only the issue with too many cars and heads, but their updated lengths also is causing issues with the code for liquid handling for the cars. All of the vertical fluid terminals must be rebuilt when you update the sprite sheets for the rail cars.

bigyihsuan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by bigyihsuan »

2 suggestions, as I posted in the mods.factorio.com discussion:

1. Tenders should move items with fuel values into the nearest locomotive for refueling. When a connected locomotive has no items in its fuel slots, the tender should place 4-5 items with fuel values into the locomotive slots, and remove said items from the tender's slots.

2. Tenders should be 7-tiles long like the other cargo wagons, and perhaps have a larger inventory to compensate. Currently, the tenders are a few tiles shorter than the usual cargo wagon, and it makes making stations using them a pain because of the shorter train length. Having #1 implemented would give me a better incentive to using the steam engines and tenders.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

bigyihsuan wrote:2 suggestions, as I posted in the mods.factorio.com discussion:
1. Tenders should move items with fuel values into the nearest locomotive for refueling. When a connected locomotive has no items in its fuel slots, the tender should place 4-5 items with fuel values into the locomotive slots, and remove said items from the tender's slots.
2. Tenders should be 7-tiles long like the other cargo wagons, and perhaps have a larger inventory to compensate. Currently, the tenders are a few tiles shorter than the usual cargo wagon, and it makes making stations using them a pain because of the shorter train length. Having #1 implemented would give me a better incentive to using the steam engines and tenders.
thanks for your suggestion,
but i'am sorry to say but most locomotives and cargo-wagon will get lost by updates to fully compatible 0.13 behavior.
and tenders very high on the "to remove list" - so you can remove these from your mind now.

this mod is also not in current development focus ... first i need a really huge portion of enthusiam to make and render some train-models again.
atm only for UP-Addon is a update to 0.13 behavior in plan.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

YuokiTani wrote:Situation:
the factorio-update 0.13 changes the train behavior and how the gfx should work with stretching and color-codeing. so far so good.
but here comes the downside for YI-Railways + Addons, i have added to many locomotives (26) and cargo-wagons (34). for almost all, new gfx-sheets needed, for locomotives twice if i would give you the color-option. also i need to figure out, how the new connection and joint-distance measured - so i can still support shorter train-stuff.

Outlook:
if i take a look into the future i feel like the situation in minecraft with Forge. before i have all updates finished, a new (or 2) version comes out and makes the previous work nearly useless.
So next updates/downloads are only to maintain a status where you can play with current trains - and the gfx or beheavoir is behind the actual game-development. you need to be a great railway-fan to continue useing this mod and addons.
it's nearly impossible to make again ~ 60 sheets in the timeframe where the factorio-devs are made 2. so over time stuff gets removed instead of added ^^ - on the pro-side a much cleaner Railways-Tab.
Very sad.
It's so nice to play with all this lovely locos.

Maybe you want to start with new models like some V100 or other nice german locos instead of carry the burden of remodeling existing ones.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Yuoki Industries”