Re: [MOD 0.12.30] Red Alerts 1.0.4

Post by Oldhard »

Can You add "smart alarm"?

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Oldhard wrote:Can You add "smart alarm"?
And what is a "smart alarm"? :?:

Kabyl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kabyl »

I have a request for an addition to this mod. Would it be possible to add some sort of "acknowledge" button for the low power alerts? This could turn off the alert for a configurable amount of time, almost like a snooze button.

I'm thinking there could be a button that would only show up once the low power trigger happens. The button would reset a timer and once that timer has finished, perform another power level check. If the power issue has not been resolved, then retrigger the notification. It would be wonderful because then i wouldn't have to run halfway across my factory to dig up the alert while i add more generators.

Thanks! :-)

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Kabyl wrote:I have a request for an addition to this mod. Would it be possible to add some sort of "acknowledge" button for the low power alerts? This could turn off the alert for a configurable amount of time, almost like a snooze button.

I'm thinking there could be a button that would only show up once the low power trigger happens. The button would reset a timer and once that timer has finished, perform another power level check. If the power issue has not been resolved, then retrigger the notification. It would be wonderful because then i wouldn't have to run halfway across my factory to dig up the alert while i add more generators.

Thanks! :-)
That is a very good suggestion. I'll work on it shortly. :)

Kabyl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kabyl »

Supercheese wrote:That is a very good suggestion. I'll work on it shortly. :)
Awesome! Thanks so much for your awesome work! I use a few of your mods and I thoroughly enjoy them. :-)

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Kabyl wrote:Awesome! Thanks so much for your awesome work! I use a few of your mods and I thoroughly enjoy them. :-)
You're most welcome! I hope you approve of the new feature in the freshly-released v1.0.5:
DismissLowPowerWarning.jpg
DismissLowPowerWarning.jpg (481.85 KiB) Viewed 5420 times
See the first post for the download and changelog.

Shrooblord
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.33] Red Alerts 1.0.5

Post by Shrooblord »

Hmm I wonder, is it possible for the dialog to not be an in-your-face pop-up but something more off to the side? Seems less annoying. Also, telling the user how long they're dismissing the Low Power Alert for is probably a good idea (just regading that pop-up, I'm inclined to say 'no' because it feels like I'd be dismissing it forever).

Otherwise a good idea and quick implementation!

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Shrooblord wrote:Hmm I wonder, is it possible for the dialog to not be an in-your-face pop-up but something more off to the side? Seems less annoying. Also, telling the user how long they're dismissing the Low Power Alert for is probably a good idea (just regading that pop-up, I'm inclined to say 'no' because it feels like I'd be dismissing it forever).

Otherwise a good idea and quick implementation!
The duration for both Yes and No is taken from the config file; 30 seconds by default.

Shrooblord
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Shrooblord »

Can I just say I love this mod? I've played Command and Conquer since I was a teeny tiny little 6 year-old and hearing that NOD voice saying "structure destroyed" and "unit lost" just makes my heart flutter. ahaha :lol:

Haven't tested his "low power" or other announcements yet, though I did try out the Power Sensor for a bit and then immediately removed it (my base is on perma-low power (no resources to build power, no power to mine more resources, resources depleting and enemies growing stronger and more numerous by the minute - too strong to go to an outpost - you get the idea; a vicious circle).

I wonder, is this mod compatible with the Orbital Ion Cannon mod? Seeing as that's also something taken from the Command and Conquer universe (I see we're all in common spirits here ;) ), it'd be nice if we could have announcements for that also "Warning: Ion Cannon Activated" or something like it. I think there were announcements like that one in the old CnC games, right?

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Three of the voice options are compatible/homogeneous when using Orbital Ion Cannon: Original C&C, Tiberian Sun EVA, and Tiberian Sun CABAL. The Red Alert universe does not have ion cannons, thus that announcer voice is unavailable.

As long as you edit the config files for both of the mods to use the same voice, they should play along very smoothly.

Kabyl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kabyl »

Supercheese, just wanted to say thanks for adding the dismiss option! I just upgraded and it's really cool to see an idea I had added to this wonderful mod. Thanks! :-)

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.35] Red Alerts 1.0.5

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Most of this mod is really good. However, the low power indicator is less than helpful. Once it starts, it keeps saying low power, and every 30 seconds it asks you if you want to suppress it. Getting in the way of what you are doing. As a result, I can't use that part of the mod. I already know I have low power, I don't need to be interupted while trying to fix it.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Ranakastrasz wrote:Most of this mod is really good. However, the low power indicator is less than helpful. Once it starts, it keeps saying low power, and every 30 seconds it asks you if you want to suppress it. Getting in the way of what you are doing. As a result, I can't use that part of the mod. I already know I have low power, I don't need to be interupted while trying to fix it.
You can completely disable the low power warning in the config file, or increase the amount of time the "Dismiss Warning" lasts for. The default is 30 seconds, but you can increase that to as long as you feel is necessary.

Hopefully at some point in the future, Factorio will support in-game mod-configuration, so you could adjust these settings without having to edit the config.lua file like you have to now.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Supercheese wrote:
Ranakastrasz wrote:Most of this mod is really good. However, the low power indicator is less than helpful. Once it starts, it keeps saying low power, and every 30 seconds it asks you if you want to suppress it. Getting in the way of what you are doing. As a result, I can't use that part of the mod. I already know I have low power, I don't need to be interupted while trying to fix it.
You can completely disable the low power warning in the config file, or increase the amount of time the "Dismiss Warning" lasts for. The default is 30 seconds, but you can increase that to as long as you feel is necessary.

Hopefully at some point in the future, Factorio will support in-game mod-configuration, so you could adjust these settings without having to edit the config.lua file like you have to now.
Hmm. It kinda does already, actually. At least, quite a few mods do that already.

I think instead of a 30 second delay, or rather in addition, suppressing it should suppress it until power recovers and all accumulators charge fully.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

Ranakastrasz wrote:
Supercheese wrote:

Hmm. It kinda does already, actually. At least, quite a few mods do that already.

I think instead of a 30 second delay, or rather in addition, suppressing it should suppress it until power recovers and all accumulators charge fully.
No it should repeat because sometimes i'm buzy and forget to fix my power and if the warning does not remind me then i could also delete the mod

Delmain
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Delmain »

Has anyone successfully gotten this to work with 0.13?

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Delmain wrote:Has anyone successfully gotten this to work with 0.13?
I'm working on it. ;)

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Can we get a sound effect for whenever a structure takes damage?
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Ranakastrasz wrote:Can we get a sound effect for whenever a structure takes damage?
I don't believe there's a Lua event for that.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Supercheese wrote:
Ranakastrasz wrote:Can we get a sound effect for whenever a structure takes damage?
I don't believe there's a Lua event for that.
Hmm. Possible to check current health vs previous health? I suppose that would probably be way too expensive processing-wise.

Darn.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Return to “Mods”