Logistic robots reload turrets?

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Beppe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Logistic robots reload turrets?

Post by Beppe »

Is it possible to have robots reloading turrets so I don´t have to build a transportbelt with inserters for every turret? (I prefer ordinary turrets to laser ones so I get a resource sink)

Plop and run
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Logistic robots reload turrets?

Post by Plop and run »

Maybe build a requester chest near each turret with an inserter pointing from the chest to the turret. Configure the chest for ammo. Should work.
Black blood of the factory

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Ammo turrets are the first defence weapon. At that time you don't have logistic bots. That will come much, much later. You can built the first gun turrets with or before the first red potion factory! While logistics is only available, after you built the first blue-potion factory. Between that area minimum of 1-4 hours of game.

And it is - when I follow the devs - not planned to give gun turrets a better standing than the laser turrets. So I cannot recommend to use them against the bigger creepers. Really, really hard, and the needed resources are higher, because the ammunition gets really expensive.

But I would appreciate gun turrets with inbuilt requester. They can be used for low security defense, because they don't use power.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

BuilderChimp
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BuilderChimp »

I find that gun turrets in the late game with fully upgraded techs are useful for a number of reasons. They help reduce my overall energy requirements and I combine them with laser turrets should there be "technical difficulties" with the power supply :D. I also use them in spots along the wall where an attack is unlikely but still needs a hard point (and I don't want to run power to it). But I'd like there to be more reasons to want to use gun turrets throughout the game.

Maybe an ammo box could be added to the game that can be placed directly next to a gun turret and a chain of bullets is drawn from the box. It can be refilled manually early game or with a belt/inserter and then later an upgraded version with requester type behaviour so you could put 4 turrets around one "requester" ammo box. I find that inserters don't let me pack in the guns in a dense enough pattern to be very effective in the late game. I kind of did it once with regular inserters, red inserters and double belts but its expensive and messy. IMHO laser turrets come way too early in the tech tree and don't 'cost' enough to run. Maybe they should break down from time to time and need repairing? In most normal games you could get away with not building any gun turrets at all which is a shame because I love em!

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Actually with all the upgrades the ammo turrets are more powerful than the laser turrets. Some solution for simplified ammo delivery using logistic robots should come eventually.

Plop and run
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Plop and run »

Really? Even with big biter's resistance to bullets?
Black blood of the factory

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”