[0.12] Bugs, crashes & other issues

The raillayer; must have, if you want to play with railway.

Moderator: Choumiko

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12] Bugs, crashes & other issues

Post by Choumiko »

Aintence wrote:Updated to 0.12.32 and error is still there when i try to blueprint a section of my track.
Just so where are on the same level: Factorio 0.12.32 and Farl 0.5.25?

Can you describe how you are trying to blueprint? The error indicates that you are pressing the "Vertical" or "Diagonal" button. Which will not read anything, but write to an empty blueprint in your hotbar.
To make FARL use another layout you have to blueprint it like anything else, put the blueprints in your hotbar and press "Read"
Have you tried looking at this save: https://github.com/Choumiko/FARL/releas ... amples.zip It has a few example layouts. Also viewtopic.php?f=61&t=9411#p75176 is worth a look, it's mostly up to date.

Aintence
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Aintence »

Choumiko wrote:
Aintence wrote:Updated to 0.12.32 and error is still there when i try to blueprint a section of my track.
Just so where are on the same level: Factorio 0.12.32 and Farl 0.5.25?

Can you describe how you are trying to blueprint? The error indicates that you are pressing the "Vertical" or "Diagonal" button. Which will not read anything, but write to an empty blueprint in your hotbar.
To make FARL use another layout you have to blueprint it like anything else, put the blueprints in your hotbar and press "Read"
Have you tried looking at this save: https://github.com/Choumiko/FARL/releas ... amples.zip It has a few example layouts. Also viewtopic.php?f=61&t=9411#p75176 is worth a look, it's mostly up to date.
Yes, game is on 0.12.32 and farl is on 0.5.25. I am trying to blueprint a premade section so that Farl can build it going from west to east and then back. Its one way train.

Here is video of my problem: https://youtu.be/xX9nvQHoUdQ

The whole problem happened simply because i wanted it to place medium electric poles on the left side. Poles are loaded in 3rd wagon but when going straight it said no big poles detected.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Aintence wrote:Here is video of my problem: https://youtu.be/xX9nvQHoUdQ
What other mods are you using? A blueprint not detecting rails must be some other mod doing something with rails. If that problem is solved i think FARL will behave too.

Aintence
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Aintence »

Choumiko wrote:
Aintence wrote:Here is video of my problem: https://youtu.be/xX9nvQHoUdQ
What other mods are you using? A blueprint not detecting rails must be some other mod doing something with rails. If that problem is solved i think FARL will behave too.
Oh wow i am stupid. I was using a mod that made rails seem "placed by map gen" so that biters didnt attack them. Disabled it and now it works fine.

DutchJer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DutchJer »

hi choumiko,

every time i make a corner with a 2 lane system, when all the tracks are aligned again, the farl stops working :(

bushbaby1234
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bushbaby1234 »

I use the same direction hazard markings on both sides of my rails and have come across what I think might be a bug?

when placing North/South rails i need one set of blueprints (W/Hazard (Right)) and on East/West i need the opposite (W/Hazard (Left)) to get them to place the same.

I'm pretty sure it started around v0.5.15 and it may be related to this "Hazard/Fire marking concrete (from Color Coding) are now mirrored correctly when used in blueprints"

I've been meaning to report it. sorry

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

bushbaby1234 wrote:I use the same direction hazard markings on both sides of my rails and have come across what I think might be a bug?

when placing North/South rails i need one set of blueprints (W/Hazard (Right)) and on East/West i need the opposite (W/Hazard (Left)) to get them to place the same.

I'm pretty sure it started around v0.5.15 and it may be related to this "Hazard/Fire marking concrete (from Color Coding) are now mirrored correctly when used in blueprints"

I've been meaning to report it. sorry
The latest version works as it is intended. Reason is that i wanted to make something like below possible. There the concrete forms some sort of arrow that always points in the direction the trains on that track are going (not for diagonals though..)

I made a small change to allow toggling it:
- download https://github.com/Choumiko/FARL/archive/master.zip
rename the zip to FARL_0.5.25
rename the folder in the zip FARL_0.5.25
load your game and use

Code: Select all

/c remote.call("farl", "init_players")
in the console.
This should give you a checkbox in FARLs settings window to change whether it should mirror or not.
I'll make a proper release once i got time to clean up a few things in the code.

If it still dosn't place them how you think it should let me know (best with an image how it should look like) Just note that a North/South rail is handled differently depending on the direction the train is going.

Hipster Flamingo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hipster Flamingo »

hey whats up,
i have a little question about FARL, am i required to install 5dim_trains to us this or is this an option. Factorio has 5dim_trains in red under the mods and i dont really want to start a quest about how to find 5dim_trains then 5dim_core then fat controller ect. Sorry if this is an obvious answer but i am new to the game.

Thanks

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Hipster Flamingo wrote:hey whats up,
i have a little question about FARL, am i required to install 5dim_trains to us this or is this an option. Factorio has 5dim_trains in red under the mods and i dont really want to start a quest about how to find 5dim_trains then 5dim_core then fat controller ect. Sorry if this is an obvious answer but i am new to the game.

Thanks
No, FARL can work on its own. 5dim_trains and the Fat controller are just optional dependencies as can be seen from the ? before their name in the dependencies section. (Although I can see this is not obvious to new players.)
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Leveller
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Leveller »

Hello i have a slight problem. I will try to give as much info as possible.

It seems to use very many extra solarpanels when laying down this blueprint: http://factorioblueprints.com/view/P6XGBWEGAsCNioM5a

Instead of the 320 or so Solarpanels is uses a few thousand. (I had 17k panels loaded in cargo and could stamp that blueprint 5-6 times before i was all out of solarpanels)

Im having a 8-15-8 or so train with FARL loco beeing one in the front only.

Im using Factorio .33

Im using FARL_0.4.3

Is this a known problem? If you need i can provide full Modlist +save etc. I have gone throu the changelog list and cannot find a bug of overusing materials.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Leveller wrote:Hello i have a slight problem. I will try to give as much info as possible.

It seems to use very many extra solarpanels when laying down this blueprint: http://factorioblueprints.com/view/P6XGBWEGAsCNioM5a

Instead of the 320 or so Solarpanels is uses a few thousand. (I had 17k panels loaded in cargo and could stamp that blueprint 5-6 times before i was all out of solarpanels)

Im having a 8-15-8 or so train with FARL loco beeing one in the front only.

Im using Factorio .33

Im using FARL_0.4.3

Is this a known problem? If you need i can provide full Modlist +save etc. I have gone throu the changelog list and cannot find a bug of overusing materials.
Originally i wanted to ask why such an old version of FARL. But forget that, instead i'm going to ask all FARL users: Why has nobody ever noticed that? That bug has been there from 0.0.9 (January 2015) until 0.4.3 (October 2015) :shock:
Fixed in 0.4.4 without me ever noticing the fix.
In the worst case that bug removes one item from every cargo wagon per 1 item placed. Matches roughly your numbers i guess (i assume not every wagon contained solar panels)
In case anybody wants a good laugh (after cursing me for a bit :| ) here's the offending function: https://github.com/Choumiko/FARL/blob/v ... L.lua#L884

Nigit
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nigit »

I'm having trouble getting the GUI to show up. I have the mod installed. My Factorio version is 12.33 and I'm using FARL 0.5.25. I already tried the console command to reset FARL and have tried entering and exiting the train. The mods I have are

FARL
Electric-Void
Foreman
BlueprintString
RSO
Test-Mode

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Are you entering a FARL locomotive? Does it only not work in a specific save or even in a new one? Mod is enabled?
Try mining and placing the FARL again. If that doesn't help i probably need the save file.

tdx
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tdx »

I'm having trouble getting maintenance mode working. I ran my track in the wrong direction so the beacons are all on the wrong side, so I want to use maintenance mode to run back over the track in the other direction to remove the wrong beacons and place them on the correct side, but I just get 'Deactiveated: can't place rail'

I have a farl engine hooked up to a wagon that has rails. I'm running on an existing track, hoping to either change it or at least remove it. I don't relish the idea of removing 3k of track and redoing it manually.

If anyone can spot what I'm doing wrong and could point it out I would really appreciate it!!

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

What version of FARL? A screenshot would also help (ideally including the blueprint your using)

tdx
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tdx »

Choumiko wrote:What version of FARL? A screenshot would also help (ideally including the blueprint your using)
Ah! I didn't know you needed to use blueprints for maintenance mode to work. Its working now, thanks! And thanks for this awesome mod!

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

tdx wrote:Ah! I didn't know you needed to use blueprints for maintenance mode to work. Its working now, thanks! And thanks for this awesome mod!
Uhh.. i didn't know that either :lol: That's not intended i think. Or maybe i just leave it like it is.

Miravlix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Miravlix »

0.5.25 Create a train, might need to be dual headed, not sure I've encountered the crash with anything but dual headed trains.

Now either use the hotkey or deconstruct some part of the train, separating it in two and the game will crash when you try to use the hotkey to reconnect the train parts.

I guess everyone just deconstruct everything and places it back on the track, instead of connecting parts, since no one else has noticed.

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

Found a very weird bug.

Running FARL 0.5.26 with some bobs mods and other QOL mods.
Map is 100 high ribbon.
I don't have Blueprints yet.

Running FARL with single Cargo Wagon in Maintenance mode to clear random signals placed and getting FARL to place them 15 blocks apart. (Side note, Bobs' Mods poles don't work, and maintenance mode removes them.)
FARL got towards my base which is completely covered with Stone Brick and it created a void.
Strip o Void
My guess is the game removes the ground to place the Brick, and FARL just removes the brick not placing a piece of ground underneath it.

Side Note:
Anyone know how to edit a world to remove void?

Grimmn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Grimmn »

Just downloaded and tried to use 0.5.27. It works fine except that I am unable to read blueprints. I checked and as far as I can tell the blueprints I am using are setup correctly (signals and such) but whenever I try to read them in the console just returns 0 and that's it. If it matters I'm running Factorio on Ubuntu Linux through Steam.

Return to “F.A.R.L”