Mobile turrets (aka mechs)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Bronxsta
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Mobile turrets (aka mechs)

Post by Bronxsta »

Hey, got the game yesterday after finally listening to a friend of mine and it's so damn good. So much depth and just so rewarding. And it even has tech like power armor and exosuits, which I was not expecting

My suggestion would be to have mobile turret mechs. (Are there batteries in the game? Nowhere close to have researched everything). Anyway, the materials needed to construct a mobile turret would be exosuit, turret, ammo, and two batteries. So the turret would patrol in the battery operated exosuit, but would have to return to a charging post to recharge at intervals.

What do you guys think?

nours77
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Mobile turrets (aka mechs)

Post by nours77 »

cool ideas, but with the alien reactor no need to reload the battery but the ammo it is something else, i can t send the ammo when that move,(robo can but in few aera) then i need to reload it myself.
we can think to a turret roboport like a build roboport can reload and heal them, when I make to go their, roboport can be supply with belt in ammo and repair kit

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

There is anywhere the idea of a battle train. You can lay tracks while inside the train. Maybe we have artillery.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

libik
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by libik »

I actually like the the idea of "moving fortress". You just set up a moving platform, add wheels and (A LOT) power for moving (and shooting)... if you place enough resources in there, it could have roboport with repair bots, accumulators(so you return to charge up) or generators.

That would be a similar to a train in some way (for example for "docking point", where you return to re-supply resources), but it could move freely, it could have a huge fire-power, if you add enough turrets and it should be VERY MUCH power demanding to not be so easily used.

But imagine that you have coal-boiler-generator system and when you start moving forward, you will see how a lot boilers "get online" and your moving fortress get moving and consuming incredible ammount of coal... aaaah :). And when all your effort allows you to attack huge alien outpousts in epic battle! :)

Also you can use it as movable energy platform to set up near enemy base and use that energy for offensive building of walls and turrets.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

One thought was, that fighting with a train speeds up the game, because in most cases the natives sit on the resources and so by building a rail to them hits two things in one.

And I think, that big battle stations like you describe it, are somehow unpractical. Otherwise would like a mobile roboport.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Sounds like you guys would like Cataclysm:DDA's vehicle building system.
It's still a work in progress, with many improvements in the future, but already they perform like the train does in respect to hitting enemies (i.e. el splatto), and can have turrets mounted to the vehicle itself.
It's a roguelike, so graphics are mostly non-existent, with the exception of a few tilesets. But then, Factorio isn't cutting edge graphics at all, so that probably won't be too much of a problem for most of you. But being a roguelike, other than the top-down 3rd person view, it's very much a different game from Factorio.

Anyways, just pointing it out since several of the messages here sounded much akin to what's already possible over there.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”