Ps4 port?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Nimic
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Ps4 port?

Post by Nimic »

Any word if this is going to consoles? I love these kind of games but i don't have a pc.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Ps4 port?

Post by Klonan »

Nimic wrote:Any word if this is going to consoles? I love these kind of games but i don't have a pc.
It might happen some day in the future, but not any time soon

burisk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by burisk »

I have to reopen this thread and ask again after 2 years: Is there any plan in the far future to make console version? Or it is rejected?

I want to buy game console (I have a dilemma between PS and XBOX) and I will be happy if I'd can play Factorio on it. :D

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

burisk wrote:I have to reopen this thread and ask again after 2 years: Is there any plan in the far future to make console version? Or it is rejected?

I want to buy game console (I have a dilemma between PS and XBOX) and I will be happy if I'd can play Factorio on it. :D

Shagrost
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Shagrost »

So, the question is still here in 2020. Congrats with release, but what about consoles release?

starlinvf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starlinvf »

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say its still the same.

gaojie.20
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by gaojie.20 »

Klonan wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:38 pm
burisk wrote:I have to reopen this thread and ask again after 2 years: Is there any plan in the far future to make console version? Or it is rejected?

I have to reopen this thread and ask again after 2 years: Is there any plan in the far future to make console version? Or it is rejected?

starlinvf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starlinvf »

gaojie.20 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:47 am
Klonan wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:38 pm

Now you're just setting yourself up for the worse kind of disappointment. If they say No, then you're upset because they said No. If they say Yes, then you're gonna be stuck in the "when" loop, and all the trappings of "unmitigated expectation growth over time" that plagues gamers [anticipating] anything.

If they say Maybe, then you hope yes, and suffer all the problems of a Yes answer, while also suffering the theoretical upsetness of a No answer. When combined, you suffer from an existential dread of a schrodinger paradox; as you infinitely approach either outcome, which infinitely and proportionally increases the stakes, and whose uncertainty generates proportional amounts of anxiety. And should that uncertainty collapse into either outcome; the affirmative would never possibly be able to live up to the expectations to off set the anxiety (thus resulting in disappointment), while the negative affirms your fears, again leading to disappointment.... but juxtaposed with a greater relief that you can not experience the failure of it to live up to your expectations.

So in essence, you'd ultimately find it preferable if they reject it.

Yoyobuae
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Yoyobuae »

starlinvf wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:00 pm
So devs should always say "No" to every player suggestion, but sometimes implement the suggestion anyway? ;)

starlinvf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starlinvf »

Yoyobuae wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:38 pm
starlinvf wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:00 pm
So devs should always say "No" to every player suggestion, but sometimes implement the suggestion anyway? ;)
Granted its happened before too. (Glances over at Battlefront 2)

Return to “General discussion”