[MOD 0.12.x] Belt hoppers 1.0.2

Topics and discussion about specific mods
CyanAngel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Belt hoppers 1.0.1

Post by CyanAngel »

I appear to be getting an error when attempting to use a deconstruction planner/construction bot on a wooden hopper (would screenshot but not allowed links on first post):
Notice:
Error while running the event handler: __Belt-hoppers__/control.lua:118: bad arguement #-1 to 'spill_item_stack' (string expected, got nil)
Installed mods:
Belt Hoppers
Pocketbots Start
Larger Inventory

Nothing appears to be output the the factorio-current.log however this causes the game to revert to the title screen.

MrDoomah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Belt hoppers 1.0.2

Post by MrDoomah »

New version should fix that: download/file.php?id=11375

Let me know your experience now.

CyanAngel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by CyanAngel »

MrDoomah wrote:New version should fix that: download/file.php?id=11375

Let me know your experience now.
That seems to have addressed the error code, items now spill onto the floor as I presume they are meant to :D

MrDoomah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDoomah »

Yes, that's the best solution I can find (so far). Since the belt and the hopper are different entities but tied together, the hopper gets destroyed when the belt is removed (and vice versa). But when the hopper gets destroyed it either gives the items to the player or if that's not possible (eg, inv is full or a bot mines the belt) then it spills the items on the ground in order not to destroy the items inside.

CyanAngel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by CyanAngel »

MrDoomah wrote:Yes, that's the best solution I can find (so far). Since the belt and the hopper are different entities but tied together, the hopper gets destroyed when the belt is removed (and vice versa). But when the hopper gets destroyed it either gives the items to the player or if that's not possible (eg, inv is full or a bot mines the belt) then it spills the items on the ground in order not to destroy the items inside.
I guess there's no way to make the bots empty the hopper first then, that's a reasonable trade off compared too the hassle of building lane balancers/compressors in tight spots, so I'll just have to be careful with deconstruction planners :lol:

MrDoomah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDoomah »

You can always use the deconstruction planner on the dropped items ;)

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

These hoppers disappear while being deconstructed with deconstruction planner.
Any code or mods posted by me are WTFPL, unless otherwise copyrights are specified.

Doskan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Doskan »

wow really love this mod, hoper it gets updated :mrgreen:

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I'm not 100% sure but it seems that this mod is a reimplementation of loaders that are hidden in 0.13.
They don't have pretty graphics but work like hoppers from this mod :D

DarkHelmet
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DarkHelmet »

The loader entities are a lot more powerful and work in both directions - unloading and loading. They're not really the same thing, but you can replace an inserter+hopper with the loader enabler mod.

While I did enjoy belt hoppers myself, they do use quite a bit of cpu time on large bases. This is probably an expected artifact of how they work though - they'd have to poll the belt entity underneath to find space to transfer items.
A guide to planning your factory's space requirements:
1) Figure out how much space you need, double it to be safe.
2) Wrong! There's never enough space.

johnnyBgoode
Inserter
Inserter

Post by johnnyBgoode »

Should I give up hope on this mod getting updated? May pre-.13 mega factory has a lot of this item and its gonna blow it up if I load it without this mod. :(

MrDoomah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDoomah »

johnnyBgoode wrote:Should I give up hope on this mod getting updated? May pre-.13 mega factory has a lot of this item and its gonna blow it up if I load it without this mod. :(
I've been quite busy lately so I haven't had time to update the mods. Perhaps you can try inserting a line

Code: Select all

"factorio_version": "0.13",
to the info.json file.

DarkHelmet
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DarkHelmet »

johnnyBgoode wrote:Should I give up hope on this mod getting updated? May pre-.13 mega factory has a lot of this item and its gonna blow it up if I load it without this mod. :(
You might consider doing what I did. I installed the zip file version of 0.12 which operates in a single self contained folder. You can copy a 0.12 save into there, along with 0.12 mods and fire it up to prepare it for a cleaner transition to 0.13. This took several iterations for me. It doesn't have to be pretty or optimal, just not broken entirely.

I switched my hoppers to blue fast inserters and tweaked placements a bit so that the factory would "work" after loading.

I had a number of other things to hunt down that didn't transition well. I wrote a trivial mod that had nothing but a migration script in order to do simple translation of certain entity names on the initial load into 0.13. I don't recall my exact numbers but I got my deleted entities/items count down from over a million down to a few thousand and that was good enough for me.

I think it'll take a little more than adding "factorio_version" to info.json to get it going on 0.13. It has references to smart chests and a few other things.

DarkHelmet
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DarkHelmet »

Huh. It wasn't that hard. I made a quick 0.13-friendy version for you. If it works for you then great, if not, oh well.

Summary of changes:
recipe of smart hopper -> smart chest ingredient -> steel chest
various basic-transport-belt entities -> transport-belt
remove 'require defines', add factorio_version, update base dependency
add new 0.13 sprite/circuit settings

I did NOT bump the version, take care.

This is intended as a transition aid only. You should switch to the more cpu efficient stacked inserters or use a mod to enable the native Loaders in the game.
Attachments
Belt-hoppers_1.0.2.zip
Belt-hoppers_1.0.2 modified
(32.29 KiB) Downloaded 98 times

Return to “Mods”