[0.14.21] Modpack: Farlands v0.14.7

Doesn't fit in the other categories, like libraries, small fixes or modpacks.
Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.14.21] Modpack: Farlands v0.14.7

Post by Pandemoneus »

Type: Modpack
Name: Farlands
Description: The modpack is based on RSO, Angel's mods, Bob's mods and Misanthrope. RSO is used to space out the resource generation and adds the need to use trains. That is why there are many train companion mods included. Angel's mods revamp the resource system by reducing the amount of different ores and instead adding compound ores from which the vanilla ores and Bob's ores are extracted. Together with Bob's mods both add an additional layer of complexity that should postpone the end game by several hours.
I also made sure to not add redundant mods. You will find out that this modpack does not add multiple mods that all do the same thing. All mods are carefully hand-picked to enhance the gameplay.
License: MIT, for indiviual mod licenses see the respective linked mod threads.
Version: 0.14.7
Release: 2016-12-20
Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 0.14.21
Category: ModPack
Tags: Modpack, Farlands, Angel's mods, Bob's mods, RSO, Trains
Download-Url: https://github.com/Pandemoneus/Farlands ... 0.14.7.zip
Map Generation
Multiplayer
Mod List
Screenshots and Lets Plays
Issues and Suggestions
Version history
Last edited by Pandemoneus on Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:21 pm, edited 40 times in total.
My RSO+Bob's+Angel's modpack: Farlands (outdated)
Mods (current): Resource Labels
Mods (old): Biter Spires

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12.29+] Modpack: Farlands

Post by Supercheese »

Small note: there are newer versions (than the versions on the modpack's Github page) of Logistics Railway and Orbital Ion Cannon available - versions 1.0.7 and 1.1.0, respectively.

There are also newer versions of Bob's Enemies and Bobplates.

SlyJacob
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SlyJacob »

Looks awesome, going to try out! Thanks

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

Supercheese wrote:Small note: there are newer versions (than the versions on the modpack's Github page) of Logistics Railway and Orbital Ion Cannon available - versions 1.0.7 and 1.1.0, respectively.

There are also newer versions of Bob's Enemies and Bobplates.
Thanks. I hope with the new Factorio mod portal it will be easier to get notified about updated mods. :)

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Pandemoneus wrote:Thanks. I hope with the new Factorio mod portal it will be easier to get notified about updated mods. :)
Indeed, auto-notification of available updates would be amazing.

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

v0.1.2 is now out.
Changelog

SlyJacob
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SlyJacob »

After playing for some time, I have these constant fps spikes. Anyone else? It's about every 3 seconds, whatever I am doing, it will lag-spike. I tried turning V-sync on/off, and honest my CPU is quite weak by now, but still, I played with even more mods and haven't experienced such issue. Maybe some generation mod?

Edit: This time, after installing latest factorio bugfixing patch aswell, it's running without spikes.

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

SlyJacob wrote:After playing for some time, I have these constant fps spikes. Anyone else? It's about every 3 seconds, whatever I am doing, it will lag-spike. I tried turning V-sync on/off, and honest my CPU is quite weak by now, but still, I played with even more mods and haven't experienced such issue. Maybe some generation mod?

Edit: This time, after installing latest factorio bugfixing patch aswell, it's running without spikes.
I don't notice any lag spikes, but I have a beefy computer. :?

SlyJacob
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SlyJacob »

Pandemoneus wrote:
SlyJacob wrote:After playing for some time, I have these constant fps spikes. Anyone else? It's about every 3 seconds, whatever I am doing, it will lag-spike. I tried turning V-sync on/off, and honest my CPU is quite weak by now, but still, I played with even more mods and haven't experienced such issue. Maybe some generation mod?

I don't notice any lag spikes, but I have a beefy computer. :?
I guess it was some sort of first-time-mods-loaded thing. Because it's fine now. Or it was mod version related, because I updated those that were mentioned by someone in the thread, before you released the updated modpack.

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.12.33] Modpack: Farlands

Post by Pandemoneus »

Updated to v0.1.8!
The modpack also requires Factorio version 0.12.33 now.

Asekhan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Asekhan »

Awesome pack, we're using it as initiation to modded Factorio, so far we love it. As for lag spike, my friend have a pretty average computer and we get a fair warning when one of the massive pack of biter decide it's time to attack, it just lag so much when hundreds of biter look for a path to our base. We also got issue with treefarm when it's chest is full, look like it's constantly trying to cut the mature trees but it can't and we get constant lag spike. Everytime when the storage is full we wonder if it's a biter attack or simply too much wood lol. I'm begining to think about fixing the code of treefarm... But other than that we didn't notice much lag.

Also, we had to remove "Macromanaged Turret" as it caused desync issue. That was before the update, but there was no info about this on their thread so we didn't try the new version yet.

We just unlocked the blue research, going smoothly, great pack overall, thanks a lot =)

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

Asekhan wrote:Awesome pack, we're using it as initiation to modded Factorio, so far we love it. As for lag spike, my friend have a pretty average computer and we get a fair warning when one of the massive pack of biter decide it's time to attack, it just lag so much when hundreds of biter look for a path to our base. We also got issue with treefarm when it's chest is full, look like it's constantly trying to cut the mature trees but it can't and we get constant lag spike. Everytime when the storage is full we wonder if it's a biter attack or simply too much wood lol. I'm begining to think about fixing the code of treefarm... But other than that we didn't notice much lag.

Also, we had to remove "Macromanaged Turret" as it caused desync issue. That was before the update, but there was no info about this on their thread so we didn't try the new version yet.

We just unlocked the blue research, going smoothly, great pack overall, thanks a lot =)
I've read about the lag issues with Treefarm, there's an issue posted on their Github page. I am waiting for the update. :)
Thanks for the feedback.

MewMew
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MewMew »

I am getting the same Problem. Would love to play this but those spikes make it unplayable. They come like every 3 seconde too!

What bugfixing patch are you talking about?

superiorx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by superiorx »

Pandemoneus wrote: I've read about the lag issues with Treefarm, there's an issue posted on their Github page. I am waiting for the update. :)
Thanks for the feedback.
I'm getting the same FPS bug with Treefarm unfortunately :(
Besides that though, this mod pack is amazing :D Thank you so much for updating and maintaining it, Pandemoneus!

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

MewMew wrote:I am getting the same Problem. Would love to play this but those spikes make it unplayable. They come like every 3 seconde too!

The Factorio 0.12.33 patch I suppose. You can get it by going to your Steam library, right-click on Factorio -> Properties -> Betas and select "expertimental".
superiorx wrote:I'm getting the same FPS bug with Treefarm unfortunately :(
Besides that though, this mod pack is amazing :D Thank you so much for updating and maintaining it, Pandemoneus!
Thanks. I will wait for a timely patch for Treefarm. I am reclutant to remove the mod because ScienceCostTweaker adds resin to the science packs and you need lots of wood for Bob's circuits too. I know that Angel adds a way to get wood, too, but it's not accessable early on.

superiorx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by superiorx »

Pandemoneus wrote:
MewMew wrote:I am getting the same Problem. Would love to play this but those spikes make it unplayable. They come like every 3 seconde too!

The Factorio 0.12.33 patch I suppose. You can get it by going to your Steam library, right-click on Factorio -> Properties -> Betas and select "expertimental".
superiorx wrote:I'm getting the same FPS bug with Treefarm unfortunately :(
Thanks. I will wait for a timely patch for Treefarm. I am reclutant to remove the mod because ScienceCostTweaker adds resin to the science packs and you need lots of wood for Bob's circuits too. I know that Angel adds a way to get wood, too, but it's not accessable early on.
I don't think you need to take it out of the mod pack either. I managed to fix crudely fix the issue by adding an extra inserter to remove excess wood from the tree farms :)

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

Alright, I mentioned the Treefarm issue in the issue spoiler in the first post.

MewMew
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MewMew »

Emptying the treefarms did fix the spikes! lol

Asekhan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.12.33] Modpack: Farlands v0.1.9

Post by Asekhan »

Those lag spike where bugging me, especially for something so simple, so I fixed it. I sent them a pull request on git with the fix so we should get an official update soon. In the mean time, here's my version if you want.
Attachments
Treefarm-Lite_0.4.1.zip
(670.16 KiB) Downloaded 244 times

roy7
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12.33] Modpack: Farlands v0.1.9

Post by roy7 »

Asekhan wrote:Those lag spike where bugging me, especially for something so simple, so I fixed it. I sent them a pull request on git with the fix so we should get an official update soon. In the mean time, here's my version if you want.
Thanks! :)

Return to “Mod Packs / Libs / Special Interest”