Ideas and suggestions

New energy types, decorations, electric train, new types of belts and inserters, bigger inventory and many more stuff.

Moderators: McGuten, odin_spain

NyaaCo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Ideas and suggestions

Post by NyaaCo »

The latest complete Chinese language pack
Based on 3.0.1
We hope to update it.
Thanks to the author produced MOD
Attachments
5dim_301_zhCN.zip
(13.85 KiB) Downloaded 227 times

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Berkys32 »

Can I suggest factory, that will disassembly anything? There is mod called Recycling Plant, but is outdated...

Siegercz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Siegercz »

May I suggest better Roboports? MK3 for example. With better coverage but mainly with better charging for drones ?

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Berkys32 »

Siegercz wrote:May I suggest better Roboports? MK3 for example. With better coverage but mainly with better charging for drones ?
Actually I wont use even MKII. They have too large area they cover, so drones spend more time returning to port to recharge than delivering goods...

Siegercz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Siegercz »

Berkys32 wrote:
Siegercz wrote:May I suggest better Roboports? MK3 for example. With better coverage but mainly with better charging for drones ?
Actually I wont use even MKII. They have too large area they cover, so drones spend more time returning to port to recharge than delivering goods...
I actually like that, since you can improve their speed a lot.
However the biggest problem ias I said is the charging speed :/ I just have about 20 drones just waiting to recharge.

Murlocking
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Murlocking »

I am working on a list of ideas and suggestions but for now, the most important seems to be this one.

I Would love if you could separate Battlefield in 2 separate modules instead of integrating Weapons (defense) and Enemies.

If they were separated It would solve a lot of problem with mods compatibility and also offer more flexibility!
Another good reason to separate them would be so it's easier to update or focus on each of the modules.

TheRenegade
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TheRenegade »

I'm just working through my first playthrough with the 5dim mod pack and my real only suggest would be this

Make the new ore types spawn in smaller/rarer patches. Right now I have very little Copper/Iron around my base, but have 3 or 4 tin deposits that are easily two or three times the size as any iron deposit I have been able to find. Now I understand that it might just be an unlucky spawn point or starting area, but I would think that RSO support may be able to help this, or at least you could use his ideas and make it so that copper/iron are more plentiful than the new ores. I have also stumbled upon some mixed deposits of lead/tin/gold which I thought would be the perfect way for the new stuff to spawn. Not sure if that can be coded, but having a small (say 2500 or 3000) zinc spawn intermixed with iron, while might be inconvenient, might a better way to have the new stuff spawn. Or at least small mixed deposits of the new ores.

sporefreak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by sporefreak »

The mods look great HOWEVER I am not willing to use it because the inventory icons for crafting are just a pain in the butt to use (and look at) I want a config option to disable the inventory Grouping, please.
Also, your English is terrible (no offence) If you want some help with that let me know.
The website Barely works as I click on Trains mod and it shows the ores page. Makes it impossible to actually navigate the website. Also there are NO descriptions on any of the mods.

Qloshae
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Qloshae »

Something I'd really like is a furnace wagon and an assembly machine wagon for the trains. Then you could make a trains only challenge.

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

Qloshae wrote:Something I'd really like is a furnace wagon and an assembly machine wagon for the trains. Then you could make a trains only challenge.
Train only mod: viewtopic.php?f=97&t=18637
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

TheRenegade
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TheRenegade »

Just finishing my 1st complete play through (3rd partial) using all the 5dim mods and wanted to toss out some ideas
  • - I feel the faster belts should be using some of the exotic ores/plates. Makes sense to me that in order to get faster you need to use Alum plates over steel, and zinc/alum gear wheels. Maybe add a new alloy? Alumsteel (2xalum 1xsteel) That way going faster uses more of the new mats. As I really find that I have WAY more of the new ores than I ever need to use, but am still struggling on copper/iron. While I don't mind the struggle, I would perfer to have balance in what I am struggling for.

- All in all I feel the new upgraded tech doesn't use as much of the new mats, still pretty heavily reliant on copper/iron. I get that you need circuits and stuff, but I would love to see some more use of gold/alum/lead. As stated above, maybe MK2 uses the base new mats, and MK3 uses an alloy of 2 new and 1 vanilla? Adds some crazy foundrys.

- Incorporate or make your own rail tanker mod. I'm using that one just to make moving oil easier. Would love to see it part of the trains module.

- Add MK2 and 3 and maybe even 4 cargo wagons. I would LOVE to be able to carry more on my wagons and would gladly pay in terms of research for them. Once again using a decent amount of the new mats for crafting.

- Maybe incorporate something along the lines of RSO. I found my first attempt at playing with 5dim I was drowing in all the new mats, and couldn't even find Copper/Iron. The game ended after about 10 hours as I physically didn't have and couldn't get iron/copper. But yet had a few million Tin sitting in my spawn. Redid the same seed with RSO and I have about 100 hours in.
Looking forward to your War module, really hope it adds some of the cool weapons and stuff that I have seen in other mods.

Darkheart069
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Darkheart069 »

hi there,
I have been using 5dims since i started using mods. i have found it... some what easy thought with use of the default world gen.. even with everything on low or very low.. there is ALOT of ore around.
I have tried and failed to create my own config for RSO. but i am hoping since you know what your doing you might find the time to manage it.

I have several Friends who also use 5dim and would like to see a usable Maybe the Dev of RSO would add it. but I was thinking it could maybe be added in to the 5dim modpack as a "Extra"

Thanks for your time
Dennis
PS: I have looked everwhere for a "Already made" config. However i could not find one.. Inc the seach funtion of the forums.
If someone knows of a already made one. please feel free to link it.. (thanks in advance!)
TheRenegade wrote:
  • - Maybe incorporate something along the lines of RSO. I found my first attempt at playing with 5dim I was drowing in all the new mats, and couldn't even find Copper/Iron. The game ended after about 10 hours as I physically didn't have and couldn't get iron/copper. But yet had a few million Tin sitting in my spawn. Redid the same seed with RSO and I have about 100 hours in.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Darkheart069 wrote:hi there,
I have been using 5dims since i started using mods. i have found it... some what easy thought with use of the default world gen.. even with everything on low or very low.. there is ALOT of ore around.
I have tried and failed to create my own config for RSO. but i am hoping since you know what your doing you might find the time to manage it.

I have several Friends who also use 5dim and would like to see a usable Maybe the Dev of RSO would add it. but I was thinking it could maybe be added in to the 5dim modpack as a "Extra"

Thanks for your time
Dennis
PS: I have looked everwhere for a "Already made" config. However i could not find one.. Inc the seach funtion of the forums.
If someone knows of a already made one. please feel free to link it.. (thanks in advance!)
TheRenegade wrote:
  • - Maybe incorporate something along the lines of RSO. I found my first attempt at playing with 5dim I was drowing in all the new mats, and couldn't even find Copper/Iron. The game ended after about 10 hours as I physically didn't have and couldn't get iron/copper. But yet had a few million Tin sitting in my spawn. Redid the same seed with RSO and I have about 100 hours in.
I'm n ot sure I understand - did you try to just run the RSO with 5dim and it doesn't work or you would like to tweak things in some way?

TheRenegade
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TheRenegade »

orzelek wrote: I'm n ot sure I understand - did you try to just run the RSO with 5dim and it doesn't work or you would like to tweak things in some way?
The very first time I tried 5dim WITHOUT RSO I found the new ores WAY to plentiful and I was constantly seeking out copper/iron and I was drowning in all the new ores. As I mentioned, I feel that the new terch should be using MORE of the new stuff and less of the old. As mentioned, maybe even adding in new alloys.

I then tried RSO (didn't work, but the creator added 5dim compatibility) and now it has the ore quantities that I feel it should. Main starting area had everything but gold/alum but those were nearby/ As it is now about 75 hours into my map, I have had to find at least 6 new deposits of each copper/iron but and still using the original zinc/tin/alum/gold. So as I stated, I feel that the new ores should play a larger role in the MK2 and above tech. Adding new alloys would make me use new ore and old.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

TheRenegade wrote:
orzelek wrote: I'm n ot sure I understand - did you try to just run the RSO with 5dim and it doesn't work or you would like to tweak things in some way?
The very first time I tried 5dim WITHOUT RSO I found the new ores WAY to plentiful and I was constantly seeking out copper/iron and I was drowning in all the new ores. As I mentioned, I feel that the new terch should be using MORE of the new stuff and less of the old. As mentioned, maybe even adding in new alloys.

I then tried RSO (didn't work, but the creator added 5dim compatibility) and now it has the ore quantities that I feel it should. Main starting area had everything but gold/alum but those were nearby/ As it is now about 75 hours into my map, I have had to find at least 6 new deposits of each copper/iron but and still using the original zinc/tin/alum/gold. So as I stated, I feel that the new ores should play a larger role in the MK2 and above tech. Adding new alloys would make me use new ore and old.
Sorry I misunderstood you - I thought you had problems with RSO and 5 dim after the config for it was added.
Since it works all is ok :)

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hi guys, i like these mods its cool :D

Big wish for automatization mod? please add - simple basic inserter - smart inserter with normal speed - this i want so much
and may be
smart burner inserter - smart inserter with slow speed and without consuming electicity + and simiarly smart long burner inserter

Please look at this fine useful mod viewtopic.php?f=87&t=4784 - i tried to use tyhis mod with bob mods - i wanted only simple smart inserter from this mod but simple smart inserter working like normal simple inserter and it's hasn't menu like smart normal inserter from vanilla

I like your inserters so i can think about new useful versions of inserters :D
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

BigD999
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BigD999 »

The problem with a large mod pack that have 5dims in is there a large number of tabs for items with the baser items being moved to the 5dims tabs which can be a pain to find items as some gets moved from there base tab when some other mods add to the base tabs. Is it possible to add a config setting that disable 5dims tabs.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

BigD999 wrote:The problem with a large mod pack that have 5dims in is there a large number of tabs for items with the baser items being moved to the 5dims tabs which can be a pain to find items as some gets moved from there base tab when some other mods add to the base tabs. Is it possible to add a config setting that disable 5dims tabs.
I would appreciate this because i play also with Bob's and there is an everlasting war of both tab groups.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

ytsejam
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ytsejam »

steinio wrote:
BigD999 wrote:The problem with a large mod pack that have 5dims in is there a large number of tabs for items with the baser items being moved to the 5dims tabs which can be a pain to find items as some gets moved from there base tab when some other mods add to the base tabs. Is it possible to add a config setting that disable 5dims tabs.
I would appreciate this because i play also with Bob's and there is an everlasting war of both tab groups.

Yeah, having extra tabs is important, not only for huge mods like this, but others that add a considerable amount of new stuff.

Mods like Angel's and Uranium power do the way it should be, a couple of tabs for all their stuff. However it's easier for them, since they don't have the same scope.

I have a problem with the way both 5dim's and Bob's do it, even knowing they were not designed with the mentality to be used with other mods, specially huge ones. 5dim's not only creates lots of unnecessary tabs (why separate inserters from logistics? Military between defenses and ammo? and so on...), it also moves vanilla stuff to them, making it very confusing.

On the other hand, Bob's creates modded tabs, but also keeps lots of modded stuff in the vanilla tabs. That's not a problem when you're talking about mods that only add a couple of stuff, like the Warehousing mod. It is a problem in huge mods like Bob's.

When you use both together it can get really messy.

To me, the best approach for big mods should be like this:

- vanilla stuff stay in the vanilla tabs

- modded tabs for modded stuff, following the game's category sorting whenever it's possible, to keep it simple. I can understand Bob's separating "intermediate products" into 3 or 4 different tabs, because it's so much stuff, but I don't get 5dim's way of doing this, branching out every single main category into a bunch of smaller ones. I know it is supposed to keep stuff organized, but what you ended up getting is the opposite, even when you don't use it with other big mods.

Innomin8
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Innomin8 »

Bob's Adjustable Inserter integration would be great. With the introduction of this mod, having only one type of inserter for each speed, and being able to adjust the pickup, drop-off, and belt offset is absolutely amazing and makes the whole process so much easier.

Return to “5dim's mod”