Simple Questions and Short Answers

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
harimpoo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Simple Questions and Short Answers

Post by harimpoo »

Ah I see.

TN_Creator
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TN_Creator »

Do you use you furnaces lines with input in the middle and output on the outside? or the other way?

with coal smelting, I feel like it is more efficient to split the input coal+ore in 2 lanes on the outside, but with electric furnaces I can't really see a major difference, as my production is overkill anyway.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

For electric furnaces I prefer ore outside, plates inside. In that way I don't have to merge lines with plates.

mlofinti
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mlofinti »

How can you read the information from hovering the mouse over fast-moving drones or biters? The hover information doesn't show up if the game is paused. (I can barely keep the mouse on them, and certainly not while trying to read instead of looking at the pointer).
Last edited by mlofinti on Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chrisgrimes
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Biters faster on concrete?

Post by chrisgrimes »

I'm sorry if this has been posted or discussed elsewhere, but I couldn't find it through search. Do biters move faster on concrete same as the player? I can never get a good enough look at them to figure it out before my lasers melt them. Trying to decide if it's better to keep the outside of my walls natural or if putting in concrete for my benefit is okay.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

What is the most efficient e.g. fastest way to load / unload three cargo wagons on a train
horizontally / vertically?
- given one full compressed belt for each wagon is the source/destination?
- and how to ideally place the power poles in between so that the inserters are working properly?

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

The fastest way is to load/unload is use horizontal train station and belt - inserter - chest - inserter - wagon (in both sides) setup because it use inserter stack bonus. Don't use pole between inserters, use electric stations to maximize number of inserters.

I'm also use buffer balancer viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23125 to fill/empty every chest equally.

Right now I don't have screen (i'm in work) so if i don't forget, I will post it in the evening.

TN_Creator
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TN_Creator »

Neotix wrote:The fastest way is to load/unload is use horizontal train station and belt - inserter - chest - inserter - wagon (in both sides) setup because it use inserter stack bonus.
In only understood that yesterday after 101 hours of factorio :oops: i thougt that the chests were a simple buffer.

FMTK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Biters faster on concrete?

Post by FMTK »

chrisgrimes wrote:I'm sorry if this has been posted or discussed elsewhere, but I couldn't find it through search. Do biters move faster on concrete same as the player? I can never get a good enough look at them to figure it out before my lasers melt them. Trying to decide if it's better to keep the outside of my walls natural or if putting in concrete for my benefit is okay.
The speed multiplicators for anything you are running on are the same for your character and the biters. That would be bricks, concrete and the three types of transport belts.

Coffee Daemon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Coffee Daemon »

Quick question, not seen this before, seems to be blocking my copper line. Can I ask what it is and how to stop it?
Attachments
20160511011637_1.jpg
20160511011637_1.jpg (420.22 KiB) Viewed 9599 times

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Those are rails that got on the belt - go there and press F (deafult key) to pick them up.

Coffee Daemon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Coffee Daemon »

orzelek wrote:Those are rails that got on the belt - go there and press F (deafult key) to pick them up.
Well damn, that was embarassing. Took a few to work out what I'd done. When placing a new train station down, I put some junk into the carriage so I can see which inserters will pull from it. For my copper intake it seems like I used rails.

I honestly thought it had "grown" somesort of grill ontop of it. Dont judge me, it's late XD

EzioCauthon89
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by EzioCauthon89 »

About the Biters; when I have a world set where they "never attack first", do they start attacking in waves once I attack them? Or is it just a case of whoever's in the area attacks me, and the rest continue not caring about me? I just want to know if I need to set up actual defenses before I wipe out this nest sitting on top of a pretty sizable iron deposit.

FMTK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by FMTK »

EzioCauthon89 wrote:About the Biters; when I have a world set where they "never attack first", do they start attacking in waves once I attack them? Or is it just a case of whoever's in the area attacks me, and the rest continue not caring about me? I just want to know if I need to set up actual defenses before I wipe out this nest sitting on top of a pretty sizable iron deposit.
They'll only attack you, if and when you go to them.
https://wiki.factorio.com/index.php?tit ... ceful_Mode
Full answer is: Whenever you get to close to biters or their base, those who are affected WILL attack. Same thing for all others / following.

StarFox31
Inserter
Inserter

Post by StarFox31 »

Rocket Building:

I am aware of the parts the rocket takes and that they have to be loaded into the silo. My question is, can I load all of one part at a time? For example can I load all 1000 rocket fuel in, then switch to low density structures, then to control units? Or is it like an assembly machine and it needs all 3 parts at the same time to go up its 1%?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

StarFox31 wrote:Rocket Building:

I am aware of the parts the rocket takes and that they have to be loaded into the silo. My question is, can I load all of one part at a time? For example can I load all 1000 rocket fuel in, then switch to low density structures, then to control units? Or is it like an assembly machine and it needs all 3 parts at the same time to go up its 1%?
It's like an assembling machine, it will need all 3 of the parts (or to be exact, 10 of each part) to progress by 1%.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Coffee Daemon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Coffee Daemon »

Quick question, can anyone tell me why this warning setup wouldnt flash up on my hud when out of power? Trying to build an early low power/fuel warning system. Got the smart inserter at the boiler to not insert when my backup coal storage kicks in, causing the setup to power down but still nothing on hud?
Attachments
20160512132652_1.jpg
20160512132652_1.jpg (728.3 KiB) Viewed 9672 times

FMTK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by FMTK »

Coffee Daemon wrote:Quick question, can anyone tell me why this warning setup wouldnt flash up on my hud when out of power? Trying to build an early low power/fuel warning system. Got the smart inserter at the boiler to not insert when my backup coal storage kicks in, causing the setup to power down but still nothing on hud?
I think I could help if you would explain your setup and you intention with a couple more (and clearer) words. Also a screenshot with the actual power stats might help ;-)

SlimRickets
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SlimRickets »

could someone please recommend a video demonstrating the use of the circuit logic machines. please and thank you

Return to “Gameplay Help”