Topics and discussion about specific mods
monty
Inserter
Inserter

[mod 0.12.20] Smelting

Post by monty »

Type: Mod
Name: Smelting
Description: This is a mod that expands/replaces the furnace for fine tuning of ore processing
License: MIT
Version: 0.0.1
Release: 07-02-2016
Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 0.12.20
Category: Crafting
Tags: ores,plates
Download-Url:
Smelting_0.0.1.rar
(1.06 MiB) Downloaded 379 times
LONG DESCRIPTION
Detailed DESCRIPTION
Mod Basics

Mod details
Power Standard
Time standard
Summery

In action pics

ToDo
Side note
VERSION HISTORY
LICENSE
Last edited by monty on Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Lurkily
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [mod 0.12.20] Smelting

Post by Lurkily »

So long story short, it introduces a new smelting process (Without removing original furnaces or recipes) that add more steps to the smelting process, but produce more of the final product as a result, correct? Am I also correct in that ore can still be smelted normally, at lower (vanilla) yields?

This seems to resemble some of the 'ore processing' mods I've seen, if my assumptions are correct. It would be nice - very few of those mods are standalone and modular - they often try to shimmy in other additional features that I usually don't want.

monty
Inserter
Inserter

Post by monty »

I have updated this mods info to make it more convenient .

@ Lurkily,
yes , thats exactly it does. It helps you produce "MORE PLATES IN SAME TIME".The original recipe has not been influenced in any manner.

The yield part is actually not unilaterally true though.It Currently takes more energy to produce plates. The vanilla consumes about 63MJ for 200 plates, it consumes at minimum 82MJ.
However , it needs much lesser time to do so. So speed is faster, but energy consumption is higher.

I am new to mods, and these mods are extensions of other mods, things that one might want with them. I will try and find a more effective method to convey my message and keep things short.

I hope you enjoy it.

bye

monty
Inserter
Inserter

Post by monty »

Made slight changes to the mod. Firstly i have made it stand alone. And also changed and balanced it a bit.
Changes

monty
Inserter
Inserter

Post by monty »

Hi,
If anyone has any remark or review , please share it.

I have made these mod to add upon other mods, and enhance the game play. But for some time, i will be discontinuing from the posts.
During this time please share your views.Anyone who finds anything that needs changing, please go ahead and do so.Also feel free to develop upon them.

They might have some issues ,due to the rush to share them(i had very small amount of time to make them), but they have all been tried, so they can be worked with.

I hope you all enjoy them.
See you again after a while.

Bye

noxabellus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by noxabellus »

Hi, I'm having an issue with the press. The progress bar moves all the way to 100%, and then hangs up and doesn't spit out an item.
Attachments
press_stuck.jpg
press_stuck.jpg (449.75 KiB) Viewed 15163 times

oresKa2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by oresKa2 »

I am having a problem
mod list
alien science
auto launch
autofill
bobs: assembly, config, library, logistics, mining module's and power
clock
compact power
crafting speed research
deepmining
dieselgenerator
electric furnace's
evogui
FARL
landfill
leons automated upgrade generation
long reach
miletairy research
more light
oilsteamboiler\ore expansion
rage ore processing
railtanker
robot cargo
RSO
smelting
stainless steel wagon
steel manufacturing unit
RSTS
train posistion fix
tree collision
upgradeplanner
warhousing
that is it. anything that is not here?

(all that for just a hell a infuriating capital and fixed btw)
Attachments
Naamloos.png
Naamloos.png (192.28 KiB) Viewed 14909 times

Artifank
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Artifank »

oresKa2 wrote:I am having a problem
mod list
alien science
auto launch
autofill
bobs: assembly, config, library, logistics, mining module's and power
clock
compact power
crafting speed research
deepmining
dieselgenerator
electric furnace's
evogui
FARL
landfill
leons automated upgrade generation
long reach
miletairy research
more light
oilsteamboiler\ore expansion
rage ore processing
railtanker
robot cargo
RSO
smelting
stainless steel wagon
steel manufacturing unit
RSTS
train posistion fix
tree collision
upgradeplanner
warhousing
that is it. anything that is not here?

(all that for just a hell a infuriating capital and fixed btw)
Maybe have a look in the mod file. Sometimes the file's extension is .PNG instead of .png, and it doesn't detect correctly. I've had that problem before might be the same.

oresKa2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by oresKa2 »

As I have been playing for 10+ hour with the mod. it now is my favourite mod with bob's, but wen you have the big rolls and cut them on the origenal mod the plate stack size is to small. to solve the problem either add an extra output slot or increase stack size. Just a request: could you add special processes that could give you extra other or more resources. And maybe compatability with bob's mods would be nice

Dariel92
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dariel92 »

Ру: Такой вопрос, я пробовал запустить ваши моды "Динамическая энергия" и "Электрохимическая энергия" ну и собственно этот у себя, но игра их просто игнорировала и не видела, попытки были и на 0.12.30 и на 0.12.21, а эффект одинаковый, подскажите что делать, а то мне моды очень понравились
Ru: This question, I tried to run your mods "Dynamic energy" and "Electrochemical energy" well, actually this, but the game just ignored them and haven't seen, attempts were 0.12.30 and on and on 0.12.21, but the effect is the same, tell me what to do, and I fashion very much

AlexTheNotsogreat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AlexTheNotsogreat »

Could you allow a .zip download for this, as my computer can't open .rar files for some reason. :(

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

Great post, very comprehensive information. I like the look of this and you've obviously put in a lot of effort. 10/10 so far.

The one thing that made my eyebrows raise though is storing molten iron in tanks, that's a pretty big trick to pull off in survival mode on a planet rebuilding everything from scratch. Iron melts at 1540 degrees Celsius, so you'd need to keep it a bit warmer to make sure it stays that way. Tanks made of iron/steel are not going to work great but even handwaving the materials issue, you'd still have to pump in a lot of energy to keep it molten given the temperature difference from one side of the skin to the other. I know, it's a game, it doesn't need to be realistic but that one is just a bit too unrealistic for me to swallow.

I'll give it a go but I hope you can do something about the molten iron thing.

Wyrframe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Wyrframe »

For anyone following this mod, as the original author has said he's abandoned it, I'm working on fixing some of the bugs and rough edges he left behind.

DonParpan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DonParpan »

Wyrframe wrote:For anyone following this mod, as the original author has said he's abandoned it, I'm working on fixing some of the bugs and rough edges he left behind.
Nice to know. I wanted to try it out but I couldn't even get the mod to load. Just didn't appear in the mods menu.

Hunter
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hunter »

I have been using the mod for the last couple weeks. The download is a rar file so you will have to extract it before putting it into your mod folder for it to work.

Wyrframe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Wyrframe »

New fork is now released. Please see this forum thread for updates under my stewardship. Don't let that dissuade you from creating your own fork, however!

Return to “Mods”