Topics and discussion about specific mods
Bushdoctor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.20+] Homeworld

Post by Bushdoctor »

Good day!

I can't seem to get the seeder to work.
It's powered and I have rigged it as shown in this screenshot.
Does it need certain ingredients to make it work?

Bushdoctor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bushdoctor »

Hmmm. Couple hundred views and no answer.. That worries me.

Let me ask this then:
Did anyone ever get the seeder to work?

B1tchFight
Inserter
Inserter

Post by B1tchFight »

Bushdoctor wrote:Good day!

I can't seem to get the seeder to work.
It's powered and I have rigged it as shown in this screenshot.
Does it need certain ingredients to make it work?

Yes, works for me but did nothing different from you.
Chaos234 wrote:Hi,

I used your mod for a MP headless server but after placing my portal the server begins to lag instantly and also it will not showing any information about population and so far.
Setting a secondary portal from another MP-Player don't change anything.

But I also saw any hint that this mod is not MP compatible so if no mod has this highly recommanded hint I think - as the mod user - it is MP able and prooved but it seems to be not of them.

So please let me know if it's MP able and prooved or if there is a config option which must I set - and rezip it - that it works on MP server.

Edit:

I forgott the following:

Version: 0.12.29
Mods: 5 dim's Mods (all), GDIW, Crafted Artifacts, EMP Biters, Swarm, Bob's Ores/Metals/Chemicals and Intermediates, Warehousing Mod, WaiTex, Uranium Power, UpGrade, Unstable ground, SupremeWarfare, Specialized Oil Refineries, SmartSplitters, Robot Mining Site, Robotic Combinators, Red Assembling Machine, Red Alerts, Powered Entities, Orbital Ion Cannon, No Hand Crafting, More Bots, LogisticsSigns, Logistics Railway, KS Power, K6L Inserters, Homeworld, Hard crafting, Farmtorio, Evolution Factorio Indicator, Electricity_XyLe (with 0.12.x fix), Electric Furnaces, Double Furnace, Crafting Equipment, Compression Chests, Bob's Functions Library mod, Big Bags, Alien Eggs, Aircraft, Advanced Logistics System and the Base Mod (smile)
Works fine for me in MP. :) The base mod worked for us. Only problem we have is that the GUI is only shown if ALL players go near the portal. And only the last placed portal is the one where ALL players can see the Portal GUI ;)
Hope it helps... btw. I use v12.30

Bushdoctor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bushdoctor »

Thanks for the reply! If it works for you with the same setup, then there's a problem on my end. Sucks, but good to know.

I'm doing SP with v12.30, and I have now moved the seeder far away from pollution (not sure if that was a factor)
but it's still doing nothing. Ah well, I think there's a Homeworld update coming soon, so I'll grab a different
tree production mod for the time being.

Arnas1123123
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Arnas1123123 »

anyone has a fix/workaround for the belt_gate.lua error?

Crafted the item today and now i cant load my game anymore.
I could only remove the whole mod to play again.

oh yea. in my game the seeder seems to work at first. but after a while it just crashes my game.

Quazar
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Quazar »

@Bushdoctor your seeder seems legit. What if you give it more tree programs? And, it doesn't spin at all, or it spins but no trees come out? There was an issue with the latter.

FWIW I'm running the test candidate and have no complaints. I'd stop and do some rigorous Q/A but my homeworld is a little pissed off, can't sustain Tier 4.

Bushdoctor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bushdoctor »

@Quazar Thanks for confirming that. I'm afraid that my seeder doesn't spin at all.
What exactly do you mean by 'Give it more tree programs'? If you're referring to the top left slot,
then my problem is that when I put a tree program there, it crashes my game.
So I ended up putting a tree program in the top right one.. and got nothing unfortunately.

Or perhaps you meant stacking more than 1 tree program in the top right slot?
I haven't tried that yet...

Crazy question: Could the fact that I still haven't put my portal down have something to do with my seeder problem?

(Running Factorio v0.12.30 and Homeworld mod v1.1.0)

Stray_Pyramid
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Stray_Pyramid »

@Bushdoctor Putting a stack of 2+ treemodules into the left slot should not crash the game.

Bushdoctor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bushdoctor »

Stray_Pyramid wrote:@Bushdoctor Putting a stack of 2+ treemodules into the left slot should not crash the game.
That did the trick!
Thanks gents!

ljdp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ljdp »

Stray_Pyramid wrote:@Bushdoctor Putting a stack of 2+ treemodules into the left slot should not crash the game.
I'll have a look into this and see if I can get this fixed.

ljdp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ljdp »

Version 1.2 is out, see all the release notes here: https://github.com/perky/factorio-homew ... tag/v1.2.1

Last edited by ljdp on Sun May 01, 2016 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

quinapalus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by quinapalus »

I get the error: "Error while running the event handler: __homeworld__/homeworld_logic.lua:315: attempt to index field 'using_pda' (a nil value)" whenever I try to start a new random game (default settings) with the new version of this mod. Please help!

ljdp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ljdp »

quinapalus wrote:I get the error: "Error while running the event handler: __homeworld__/homeworld_logic.lua:315: attempt to index field 'using_pda' (a nil value)" whenever I try to start a new random game (default settings) with the new version of this mod. Please help!
Sorry, that's fixed now, re-download from link above.

quinapalus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by quinapalus »

Thanks a lot! :D

Regzzz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Regzzz »

:P yeayy.. can't wait to try it out on my return.. Thanks ljdp...

alexgor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by alexgor »

does enyone observe some strange behavior of fishery ?
when i set bunch of fisheries far away from my base ( avoiding high pollution) - they dont catch any fish when i far away from them
when i come and start running near it, fisheries start to catch fishes and all things go normal
and when i ride away on my train - fisheries stop to work (

Bushdoctor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bushdoctor »

alexgor wrote:does enyone observe some strange behavior of fishery ?
when i set bunch of fisheries far away from my base ( avoiding high pollution) - they dont catch any fish when i far away from them
when i come and start running near it, fisheries start to catch fishes and all things go normal
and when i ride away on my train - fisheries stop to work (
Can't confirm that problem because I don't have far away water sources, but it sounds like that needs some investigation.

Personally I'm a bit confused about how fisheries work. I think I've got it figured out, but I'm not sure.
Perhaps someone can tell me if the following assumptions are correct or not.

Water Purity percentage: I assume this number determines at what rate fish will spawn?

Fish Amount: I assume this counts the amount of fish that is graphically displayed by the game in that body of water?
(I'm saying 'graphically displayed' because when this counter goes to 1, several hundred fish can be caught).

Yield percentage: Seems to always match the Purity percentage. I haven't figured this one out yet.
My Yield reads 58%, but I"m not catching any fish. I assume because my Fish Amount is at zero.
So... is it 58% of zero?

Since we're dealing with purity levels here, is it maybe a good idea to include a Water Purifier in the Homeworld mod?
I could definitely use one as I'm playing on a map with water only at my starting area. :)

Thanks!
Doc.

PS. Great update btw! The seeder works perfectly now. No more confusion about that one.

alexgor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by alexgor »

yeld=100%
water purity = 100%

about 30 fisheries, not close to each other
no fish (

Xmat
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xmat »

Hello,
first of all, thank you for great mod! I really like it :-)
I have one question, would it be possible to create a new mod, which contains only the lumber mill (and maybe some research for it)? I am going to create (almost) vanilla mp server for my friends and we are just tired of cutting trees by hand. I would love you for that!

Bushdoctor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bushdoctor »

alexgor wrote:yeld=100%
water purity = 100%

about 30 fisheries, not close to each other
no fish (
Hmmm. But they do start to produce fish when you're close to them,
or not at all?

Also, what does your Fish amount read?