Launch Rocket and Explore Space...

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Switched
Inserter
Inserter

Launch Rocket and Explore Space...

Post by Switched »

I was under the impression I would actually be exploring space. After I was able to launch a first rocket, all I got was a window pop up displaying stats and Victory. I won, already? Continue playing? Okay... After six more rockets all I got was a score tally on how many rockets were launched. I had originally thought there was a lot more to this game. Don't get me wrong, there is a great amount to the game with some complexities to learn.

I had really thought and was looking forward to being able to be on the rocket to explore space. Not necessarily needing to have a spacey aspect to the game but maybe a short animation/story. Timer bar or solar system of planets map, getting bigger with each satellite. Ability to travel to other planets that the rocket or satellites find. Maybe needing a certain amount of resources on rocket to get to these various planets. The other planets don't have to have major changes. Maybe a variation of aliens. Could get creative doing some mock up artwork and design for other aliens. Maybe a different color scheme for the different worlds and maybe even adding some different resources only found on these other planets.

I believe this addition would greatly enhance the infinity and playback value of game. At this point, I've launched six rockets, went on train rides and expanded huge factories but it's beginning to feel objectiveness. I've never been a big fan of mods for most games and would like to see more to the vanilla. I guess I will continue back on the campaign mode and finish that all up..

I guess I was just a bit disappointed when I wasn't able to be on the rocket to leave the planet and explore space. :/
Add Me on Steam for factorio co ops, http://steamcommunity.com/id/samueldt

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Launch Rocket and Explore Space...

Post by Koub »

Currently, space exploration and building are more in a "Not now, but maybe in some future ?" planning state. It's just too big to add to vanilla at the moment, when there is so much that's directly related to the actual content to do. At least that's the way I understand it.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=24090 Collection of End-Game-Ideas / Enhancing Endgame
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Orphauneus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Orphauneus »

The space exploration idea is intriguing but that definitely seems like a giant update that might would after the game has been fully released or something added just before being released. But, nonetheless, This would be absolutely amazing the idea of being in space and going on planets using the new elements and creating factories on them. It just feel like it would be starting over, But in a good way. I would love to be able to go on planets and research space technology using the element on that planet and discovering whole new things, upgrade my suit for space and such. This is a huge idea and I love it but it's definitely something that would take a lot of time to develop. It seems like it would double the content of the game.
I'm the kind of guy that gets lost shopping looking for milk (I'm saying i'm dumb...)

Switched
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Switched »

Thanks for the replies, I do understand early access and see that there may be works in progress underway. That spacey screenshot was nice to see. I do think of the game spore when thinking of colonizing space and returning to original map, then traveling to other planet maps, space base and so forth.. Love to see what happens with improvements for this already great game.
Add Me on Steam for factorio co ops, http://steamcommunity.com/id/samueldt

joe_da_cro
Inserter
Inserter

Post by joe_da_cro »

the only issue with something like this is you get to the point where you think, where does this game end? on top of that there needs to be a benefit to reaching other planets.

I mean if you go to another planet and start again how is that different to just restarting your game when you are victorious. but if you first build a propellant fueled rocket to reach a sister planet in the system only to harvest a special resource/s needed by your original planet in order to create your ftl ship needed to get back to your home world. This is where your idea really starts to take hold. that can be expanded to using the resources of a whole solar system in order to reach end game goals, meaning that there will be interplanetary logistics needed possibly even implementing advanced technological ideas like using space elevators to facilitate planetary trading

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”