Planning Mode

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Eldermann
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Planning Mode

Post by Eldermann »

Hello,
I play Factorio for approx. 40 h and I like it. I have so much to discover but I make many faults, so my wish for a later version is a "Planning mode"

Often I place a part like a stone furnace and use insertes and transport belts - but then I realize, that I missed a free space or an electricity tower and have to tear down everything I recently built in the last minutes. It is very frustrating to start all over and often I have to do the work twice or even more.
Even more frustrating is the fact that all other business is still running and sometimes the resources are used up when my new constructions are built.

I would beg you to build a "Planning mode" where you stop the time and all movement and then place all items as a silhoutte. So I can try everything to find the suitable method, maybe remove some things and put all pieces into the right position.
When I end the "Planning mode" nothing is being built automatically. But I can see all planned items as a silhouette so I know WHAT and WHERE I have to put it.

I hope, you can understand my wish and I look forward for some conversations about a "Planning mode".
Please excuse my english, I´m from Germany.
Last edited by Eldermann on Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

emithekiller
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Planning Mode

Post by emithekiller »

I like the idea... placing ghost items on the ground and being able to fill them with the actual items once the planning mode has been closed. Also being able to remove the whole planning with a button and having separate plannings so each button closes one planning. Maybe in multiplayer others can see the ghost buildings but cannot modify the planning unless you (the author of it) set it to public.
In planning mode you could set building selecting them from items list and you could remove them with an empty click (no building selected)
Perhaps you could even have the option for construction bots to build it whenever you set it to and can copy / paste just like blueprints

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=4682 Planing (Cloning, Ghosting, Blueprinting and further...

and please can avoid using colors to mark your text, this is very dependent on the choosen screen and theme, if you can read that well. You can use bold, italic, underline etc.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Eldermann
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Eldermann »

Thank you for your attention. I didnt searched for "ghost" but this is exactly what I thougt about. Great to see that this might come in the future.

I changed the colors as you wished. ;)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”