Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x][Base][BOB][YI][UP] Angels Infinite Ores 0.1.5

Post by orzelek »

Walter wrote:
Speadge wrote: Im not sure if i can convince them using refining, since i only tried the "old " standalone processing mod back then and it seems to have gained some complexity with latest updates. :)
Which refining mod do you mean?
I'd guess he means those two linked in first post in first few lines ;)

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x][Base][BOB][YI][UP] Angels Infinite Ores 0.1.5

Post by Arch666Angel »

Speadge wrote:
Sounds funny. thannks for having a look into those files again.

we r planing on starting a new MP game with RSO and im trying to convince ppl to use infinite ores for a very few small Patches.

Im not sure if i can convince them using refining, since i only tried the "old " standalone processing mod back then and it seems to have gained some complexity with latest updates. :)
The thing that got more complicated is the refining mod, the processing is more or less unchanged, aside from that the technologies for bobmods integration are a bit cluttered at the moment.

If decide to use some parts, I would be happy about feedback and maybe taking a look what you did with it.

Nedreow
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x][Base][BOB][YI][UP] Angels Infinite Ores 0.1.6

Post by Nedreow »

I think I found a bug with the six new ores that are spawned with bobs mod.
The starting area ore patches don't spawn, nor are there any infinite ore patches for any of them or coal. I am not using RSO.

Great mod otherwise, I love the added complexity i the ore smelting. It is much to simple otherwise :).

laz2727
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by laz2727 »

Drills don't get any bonuses for standing in the middle of the ore patch(as opposed to only having one piece of ore to mine from). Is this intentional?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

@laz2727
I don't change anything with the drill, bobs or vanilla.
And in general it does not make a difference for the outcome if the drill stands on 1 tile of ore or on (vanilla max) 25 tiles of ore, since the drill picks one tile at random and mines that, then it jumps to the next. Don't let the yield amount on the drill for the infinite ores confuse you, that's not the actual yield the drill outputs, the actual yield is what the tile it is currently mining outputs.

@Nedreow
Thanks and I'm glad you like it. For the generation I didn't really look into the unmodded ore spawning cases yet, cause I assume that most people will use one or the other resource spawner mod :) But will put it on the list.
edit: If you dont use RSO and want to spawn the infinite ores you need to put in the non-RSO trigger in your mods folder, you can find it in the first post, or unpack the mod and change the setting in the config, both do the same the trigger-mod is just a bit more convinient.

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

If we enable in bobs config the option for "bobmods.config.ores.GemsFromOtherOres" then will that work here with your infinite ores as well or will they never drop gems, and if so are the normal parts of the fields normal bobs ores so those will be the only source of gems? Have you thought about having gems be some output of the advanced processing of ores when bobmods.config.ores.GemsFromOtherOres is enabled (or all the time)?

The bobs configs for "bobmods.config.ores.GemsFromOtherOres" states:
-- Diamonds can be obtained from mining Coal, Ruby, Sapphire and Topaz from Bauxite, and Amethyst and Emerald from Quartz
If for the advanced processing mods that would be a nice output on occasion in low amounts. Bobs mods by default has one random gem for a given ore appear every 5% of the time.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

OvermindDL1 wrote:If we enable in bobs config the option for "bobmods.config.ores.GemsFromOtherOres" then will that work here with your infinite ores as well or will they never drop gems, and if so are the normal parts of the fields normal bobs ores so those will be the only source of gems? Have you thought about having gems be some output of the advanced processing of ores when bobmods.config.ores.GemsFromOtherOres is enabled (or all the time)?

-- Diamonds can be obtained from mining Coal, Ruby, Sapphire and Topaz from Bauxite, and Amethyst and Emerald from Quartz
If for the advanced processing mods that would be a nice output on occasion in low amounts. Bobs mods by default has one random gem for a given ore appear every 5% of the time.
I did copy over all the options from bob and modified it for the infinite ores, so the settings should work for the infinite ores as well, but to be honest I have not tested all the possible options yet.
included for the infinite versions of the bobores:
-bobmods.ores.settings.UnsortedGemOre
-bobmods.ores.settings.GemsFromOtherOres
-bobmods.ores.settings.LeadGivesNickel
-bobmods.ores.settings.NickelGivesCobalt

The regular bobores will behave as you know them, I don't change anything about the regular bobores definitions.

If you use angelsinfiniteores and angelsrefining then the bobmods.ores.settings.UnsortedGemOre setting will take effect and replace the individual gems you get from the floatation cell with the unsorted gem ore. That the ores only have one output is by design, moving the dealing of several outputs into the refining state away from the initial mining.

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

Arch666Angel wrote:
OvermindDL1 wrote:If we enable in bobs config the option for "bobmods.config.ores.GemsFromOtherOres" then will that work here with your infinite ores as well or will they never drop gems, and if so are the normal parts of the fields normal bobs ores so those will be the only source of gems? Have you thought about having gems be some output of the advanced processing of ores when bobmods.config.ores.GemsFromOtherOres is enabled (or all the time)?

I did copy over all the options from bob and modified it for the infinite ores, so the settings should work for the infinite ores as well, but to be honest I have not tested all the possible options yet.
included for the infinite versions of the bobores:
-bobmods.ores.settings.UnsortedGemOre
-bobmods.ores.settings.GemsFromOtherOres
-bobmods.ores.settings.NickelGivesCobalt

The regular bobores will behave as you know them, I don't change anything about the regular bobores definitions.

If you use angelsinfiniteores and angelsrefining then the bobmods.ores.settings.UnsortedGemOre setting will take effect and replace the individual gems you get from the floatation cell with the unsorted gem ore. That the ores only have one output is by design, moving the dealing of several outputs into the refining state away from the initial mining.
Very good to know, thanks, so should be better to have unsorted as false and gems from other ores false since we already get them via your processing it seems. Cool.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x][Base][BOB][YI][UP] Angels Infinite Ores 0.1.7

Post by Arch666Angel »

@OvermindDL1
Let me know if anything is broken or bugged ;)

----
New Version is up

-angels ores should now spawn in starting area without any resource spawner mods

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x][Base][BOB][YI][UP] Angels Infinite Ores 0.1.8

Post by Arch666Angel »

-changed angelsore mode to only remove iron/copper/stone autoplace and not the entire entity to fix an error with landfill

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Would you consider adding minimum/normal ore settings to config file?
I just realized that 20% ore field is not really worth keeping. Maybe 50% would be - not sure about that.
Even higher mark miners from bob's mining won't help here with 20% one.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

orzelek wrote:Would you consider adding minimum/normal ore settings to config file?
I just realized that 20% ore field is not really worth keeping. Maybe 50% would be - not sure about that.
Sure if I can figure out how to code that, its easy but since that comes down to try and error with me it might take a while :D
I did lower the rate to 20% with bobs and yuoki because I had reports that 30% is still too much with high level miners and modules.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Arch666Angel wrote:
orzelek wrote:Would you consider adding minimum/normal ore settings to config file?
Sure if I can figure out how to code that, its easy but since that comes down to try and error with me it might take a while :D
I did lower the rate to 20% with bobs and yuoki because I had reports that 30% is still too much with high level miners and modules.
I'm using Mk III miners and not getting that much from 20% copper ore patch. Config option would be handy :)
I don't have the modules yet tho - productivity ones will change this for sure. And god modules shouldn't be used to balance anything :D

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

orzelek wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
I'm using Mk III miners and not getting that much from 20% copper ore patch. Config option would be handy :)
I don't have the modules yet tho - productivity ones will change this for sure. And god modules shouldn't be used to balance anything :D
Eh, you could set larger fields with lower yield, that way the infinite part will be larger...

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

OvermindDL1 wrote:
orzelek wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
Eh, you could set larger fields with lower yield, that way the infinite part will be larger...
Would need to reconfigure RSO to make more infinite nodes - larger field does not guarantee more infinite nodes by itself.
It's a different solution - would need more miners so might be better. More ongoing power costs this way.

boksiora
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by boksiora »

I have a question..

Can this mod be used on existing savegame?

IhanaMies
Inserter
Inserter

Post by IhanaMies »

Can you change names of the ores as they are shown in game. Map Labels shows the ores as Angels ores 1-6 which is not very convenient since you have to learn what every Angels ore yield and with few ore mods it gets quite tedious.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

IhanaMies wrote:Can you change names of the ores as they are shown in game. Map Labels shows the ores as Angels ores 1-6 which is not very convenient since you have to learn what every Angels ore yield and with few ore mods it gets quite tedious.
Nope, because I would have to change everything reverencing it, also it is more a problem with the map-labels mod as it is with mine. Also there is a fix/solution here: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=22380 third post by @Pandemoneus
So if you want it fixed, you need to change the map labels mod. Or look into @Pandemoneus modpack, I guess he modified the version in it?!?

Code: Select all

ResourceDisplayName = {}

ResourceDisplayName["angels-ore1"] = "~Saphirite"
ResourceDisplayName["angels-ore2"] = "~Jivolite"
ResourceDisplayName["angels-ore3"] = "~Stiratite"
ResourceDisplayName["angels-ore4"] = "~Crotinnium"
ResourceDisplayName["angels-ore5"] = "~Rubyte"
ResourceDisplayName["angels-ore6"] = "~Bobmonium"

ResourceDisplayName["infinite-angels-ore1"] = "~Saphirite"
ResourceDisplayName["infinite-angels-ore2"] = "~Jivolite"
ResourceDisplayName["infinite-angels-ore3"] = "~Stiratite"
ResourceDisplayName["infinite-angels-ore4"] = "~Crotinnium"
ResourceDisplayName["infinite-angels-ore5"] = "~Rubyte"
ResourceDisplayName["infinite-angels-ore6"] = "~Bobmonium"

ResourceDisplayName["angels-fissure"] =  "~Fissure" 
Last edited by Arch666Angel on Sat May 07, 2016 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

boksiora wrote:I have a question..

Can this mod be used on existing savegame?
It can, but infinite ores would only be generated in newly discovered chunks. If you use a regenerate command be aware that the resource entity count is changed and therefore the generation seed for them = resources fields might spawn at other places than they were before.

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

Arch666Angel wrote:So if you want it fixed, you need to change the map labels mod. Or look into @Pandemoneus mudpack, I guess he modified the version in it?!?
Yes, in fact I am shipping modified configs with my modpack.
My RSO+Bob's+Angel's modpack: Farlands (outdated)
Mods (current): Resource Labels
Mods (old): Biter Spires

Return to “Angels Mods”