[1.1.x] Boblocale: Non-english localizations

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Schlafendes Wiesel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.12.x] Boblocale: German/Russian localizations

Post by Schlafendes Wiesel »

Hello there,

i encountered a problem with the german localization. Solder and solder-alloy are just displayed as L. I tried to fix this by myself but everytime i changed something in the locale file nothing happend in game. Hopefully somebody have a solution. Thanks in advance.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Injen wrote:I have a problem, dont know really how to install localization.
According to the error message, the name of the zip file is wrong. Try extracting the folder inside the zip file into your mods folder instead, see if that helps.

edit: it looks like the file is named wrong completely...

First extract the file, then rename it to boblocale_0.12.1

it SHOULD be 0.12.3, but the info.json file lists it at 0.12.1, so...

I'm not the one in control of this mod, so I can't just fix it!
Schlafendes Wiesel wrote:Hello there,

i encountered a problem with the german localization. Solder and solder-alloy are just displayed as L. I tried to fix this by myself but everytime i changed something in the locale file nothing happend in game. Hopefully somebody have a solution. Thanks in advance.
That sounds like whoever did the german localisation update saved it in the wrong file encoding. Encoding apears to be critical for Factorio to be able to read it properly. I can't remember the exact coding it uses, but it's one of the UTF-8 variations.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

dragon0303
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.12.x] Boblocale: Polish localizations

Post by dragon0303 »

Polish Pack
xganzx wrote: :arrow: www dropbox.com/s/bkxuo04czai3gc7/polish.rar?dl=0
Translation is very good, no problems with bob mod too :)

xganzx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.12.x] Boblocale: Polish localizations

Post by xganzx »

dragon0303 wrote:Polish Pack
xganzx wrote: :arrow: www dropbox.com/s/bkxuo04czai3gc7/polish.rar?dl=0
Translation is very good, no problems with bob mod too :)
Good to know it's useful to someone.

btw. encoding must be (Win 65001) UTF-8 without BOM (very important WITHOUT BOM) no idea what's BOM, but there it is... you can check it in notepad replacement freeware called AkelPad

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I use Sublime, and from memory, BOM has something to do with... "Bottom Order" something, which is basically the order you store your bytes.

the issue here is most likely that to github, it's just a text file, it can read and edit text files, therefore when you compile, it might not be using the correct file encoding, since to github, it's not a file, just a bunch of text.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Okay, I released a new test release of the locale mod (After stumbling through it for an hour) that adds a polish translation (Posted earlier in this forum topic).

I updated the internal version number to 0.12.4, so that issue should have gone, but the file is still named boblocale-0.12.4 instead of boblocale_0.12.4, and I don't know how to tell github to use a specific encoding with it's text files...

so if anyone knows how to fix either of these errors (On github), let me know.
I also have a Patreon.

Xillian112
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xillian112 »

bobingabout wrote:
Schlafendes Wiesel wrote:Hello there,

That sounds like whoever did the german localisation update saved it in the wrong file encoding. Encoding apears to be critical for Factorio to be able to read it properly. I can't remember the exact coding it uses, but it's one of the UTF-8 variations.
If i change the encoding to UTF-8 it calls me __boblocale__/locale/de/bobassembly.cfg(1): "=" character not found in line ... Help ?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.x] Boblocale: German/Russian/Polish localizations

Post by bobingabout »

I don't know what to say about that.

Line 1 is "[entity-name]", which is a header to say "Everything after this point is an entity", and shouldn't have a = in it.
I also have a Patreon.

DjangoFett
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DjangoFett »

The problem with the German translation does not originate from the boblocale mod but from bobelectronics itself. The bobelectronics_0.12.6/locale/de/bobelectronics.cfg file is encoded with iso-8859-15 and it seems the boblocale mod can not override this. I converted the file to UTF-8 and now the translation is working but still using the file supplied by bobelectronics not the one from boblocales.

I want to update the translation on github (and partially already have). How can I extract all translateable strings from bob's mods? Copy all the locale/en/*.cfg files?

Mabe an override is not possible so you either have to remove the locale files rom your mods or include the locales from boblocales into your mods.

Xillian112
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xillian112 »

DjangoFett wrote:The problem with the German translation does not originate from the boblocale mod but from bobelectronics itself. The bobelectronics_0.12.6/locale/de/bobelectronics.cfg file is encoded with iso-8859-15 and it seems the boblocale mod can not override this. I converted the file to UTF-8 and now the translation is working but still using the file supplied by bobelectronics not the one from boblocales.

I want to update the translation on github (and partially already have). How can I extract all translateable strings from bob's mods? Copy all the locale/en/*.cfg files?

Mabe an override is not possible so you either have to remove the locale files rom your mods or include the locales from boblocales into your mods.
Every try to change or override or delete this locales does the same error...

Also egal ob ich das umschreibe oder die codierung ändere bzw wenn ich das öffne und nur so wieder abspeichere sagt er diesen fehler ... Ich kanns nicht von den einen in den anderen verschieben, ich kanns nicht umschreiben, ich kanns nicht löschen.... alles schon probiert =( Wenn du das Update fertig hast kannst du mir das bitte per PN mitteilen ? Wäre echt nett !

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

DjangoFett wrote:The problem with the German translation does not originate from the boblocale mod but from bobelectronics itself.
Maybe an override is not possible so you either have to remove the locale files rom your mods or include the locales from boblocales into your mods.
Overide is not possible, deleting the locale\de folder from all of my mods is required, Some have been done, but not all. (the ones still have this in haven't been updated since before the boblocale mod was released)

Also, the original translations were not done by me either, I simply included something that someone else did in my mod.
I also have a Patreon.

Xillian112
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xillian112 »

bobingabout wrote:
DjangoFett wrote:The problem with the German translation does not originate from the boblocale mod but from bobelectronics itself.
Maybe an override is not possible so you either have to remove the locale files rom your mods or include the locales from boblocales into your mods.
Overide is not possible, deleting the locale\de folder from all of my mods is required, Some have been done, but not all. (the ones still have this in haven't been updated since before the boblocale mod was released)

Also, the original translations were not done by me either, I simply included something that someone else did in my mod.
Delete all de locales worked. thanks =S

DjangoFett
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DjangoFett »

I updated the German translation and initiated a pull request. I tested this with all bobsmods locally where I deleted all "de" localisation files.

Karosieben
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Karosieben »

DjangoFett wrote:I updated the German translation and initiated a pull request. I tested this with all bobsmods locally where I deleted all "de" localisation files.
Thanks a lot! Merged pull Request, new Version 0.12.5.

EDIT: Fixed some encoding stuff, everything should be UTF-8 now. new version 0.12.6
My german YouTube Channel: Karosieben
My Factorio Let's Plays: Singleplayer, Multiplayer and Tutorials

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Karosieben wrote:EDIT: Fixed some encoding stuff, everything should be UTF-8 now. new version 0.12.6
Awesome. Did you, or can you also change the filename format from boblocale-0.12.x to boblocale_0.12.x?
I've seen some other mods that correctly use the underscore, but for some reason this uses the dash, and I have no idea how to fix it.
I also have a Patreon.

DjangoFett
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DjangoFett »

Changing the dash to underscore for the automatically created release tarball/zip is not possible. But one should create a correct zip file before creating the release and attach the "underscore" zip as an asset to the release tag. This is how other mods do it I guess as they usually provide three links.

sore68
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by sore68 »

Hello there~

I translated about 90%? to Bob's mod in Korean.
But I do not know how to use Github.
So I replaced uploaded to Dropbox link.
I provide a link cfg and zip files through the Dropbox link.

+ Info.json in 0.12.6 file is incorrectly written as [0.12.5].

With Google Translation

Karosieben
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Karosieben »

bobingabout wrote:Awesome. Did you, or can you also change the filename format from boblocale-0.12.x to boblocale_0.12.x?
I've seen some other mods that correctly use the underscore, but for some reason this uses the dash, and I have no idea how to fix it.
DjangoFett wrote:Changing the dash to underscore for the automatically created release tarball/zip is not possible. But one should create a correct zip file before creating the release and attach the "underscore" zip as an asset to the release tag. This is how other mods do it I guess as they usually provide three links.
Done.

EDIT: 0.12.7 ist out, added korean translation by sore68.
My german YouTube Channel: Karosieben
My Factorio Let's Plays: Singleplayer, Multiplayer and Tutorials

noliVe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by noliVe »

i want to help on the translation . how is it possible!?

English to German.

many words are missing

Return to “Bob's mods”