Make copy/paste entity settings work for slot filters

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Make copy/paste entity settings work for slot filters

Post by JasonC »

Filters can be set and cleared on individual slots in a cargo wagon.

It would be really convenient if the "copy entity settings" and "paste entity settings" controls could also be used to copy and paste the slot filter, even if it were limited to only copying + pasting within a single container.

When the slot is empty (so as not to interfere with item pick / drop), "copy" copies its filter setting and highlights it green, and "paste" pastes the filter setting of a copy source.

This would really take the tedium out of setting up many slots in train cars.
Last edited by JasonC on Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Make copy/paste entity settings work for slot filters

Post by ssilk »

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=15326 Stack Filters for Chest, Vehicles and others
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Wait, there's a copy paste setting?
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JasonC »

bobingabout wrote:Wait, there's a copy paste setting?
By default: Shift+right click an entity. This'll set it as the copy source. It'll be highlighted green. Then shift+left click on other entities to copy all the settings to them.

Also works for things like cargo wagon slot filters and capacity limits, requester chest slots, whatever. I use it for setting up big groups of smart inserters all the time.
Last edited by JasonC on Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Chests don't have slot filters (the middle-click thingy), only cargo wagons, cars/tanks and the toolbar do.
For these you can already copy the slot filter settings using Shift+click.

Chests, cargo wagons and cars/tanks have slot limiters, which can also be copied with Shift+click.

I'm confused, what are you suggesting again?

A tip: you can easily set a number of slots in a train by putting one of the item in every slot using right-click, then middle-click every slot.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JasonC »

daniel34 wrote:Chests don't have slot filters (the middle-click thingy), only cargo wagons, cars/tanks and the toolbar do.
Oops that's what I meant.
For these you can already copy the slot filter settings using Shift+click.
You can copy an entire wagon's slots to another wagon, but you can't copy + paste from one slot to another within that wagon (that's the suggestion).
I'm confused, what are you suggesting again?
Sorry, I don't know how to clarify further. I had written "When the slot is empty (so as not to interfere with item pick / drop), "copy" copies its filter setting and highlights it green, and "paste" pastes the filter setting of a copy source", but I can't think of a clearer way to phrase it.
A tip: you can easily set a number of slots in a train by putting one of the item in every slot using right-click, then middle-click every slot.
Oh sweet. This take a lot of the tedium out of setting up the slots in a wagon. It does require that you have the item in inventory, but it'll do for now.

The purpose of the suggestion is to allow setting up the 30 slots in a cargo wagon without having to open the item selection gui 30 times.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”