[MOD 0.15.x] The Fat Controller. Remote train manager 2.0.7

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] The Fat Controller. Remote train management

Post by Ghoulish »

Getting a minor error past couple of days, randomly seems to happen whenever I click the trains+ button, the game doesn't crash, nor need a reload, just errors not a big deal, thought to mention it (really enjoying farl & fatty wish i started using them months ago! Big thanks for all your hard work ;))

I exited the game just after the error, but neither log seems to have any mention of it, but here's the current.log

Code: Select all

0.001 2016-03-29 14:52:29; Factorio 0.12.29 (Build 17931, win64, alpha)
   0.001 Operating system: Windows 7 Service Pack 1
   0.001 Program arguments: "C:\Users\Rob\Desktop\Factorio_0.12.29\bin\x64\Factorio.exe" 
   0.001 Read data path: C:/Users/Rob/Desktop/Factorio_0.12.29/data
   0.001 Write data path: C:/Users/Rob/Desktop/Factorio_0.12.29
   0.001 Binaries path: C:/Users/Rob/Desktop/Factorio_0.12.29/bin
   0.028 Graphics options: [FullScreen: true] [VSync: true] [UIScale: 85%] [MultiSampling: OFF] [Graphics quality: normal] [Video memory usage: high] [Light scale: 20%] [Screen: 255]
   0.029 Available display adapters: 1
   0.029  [0]: \\.\DISPLAY1 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 {0x05, [0,0], 1920x1080, 32bit, 60Hz}
   0.029 Create display on adapter 0. Size 1280x720 at position [310, 162].
   0.315 Initialised Direct3D:[0] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960; driver: nvd3dumx.dll 10.18.13.6451
   0.358 Desktop composition is active.
   0.663 Loading mod core 0.0.0 (data.lua)
   0.674 Loading mod base 0.12.29 (data.lua)
   0.994 Loading mod advanced-logistics-system 0.2.12 (data.lua)
   1.059 Loading mod Agent Orange 0.0.5 (data.lua)
   1.112 Loading mod Aircraft 1.0.0 (data.lua)
   1.160 Loading mod AmmoBox 0.3.0 (data.lua)
   1.214 Loading mod Compression Chests 1.3.8 (data.lua)
   1.266 Loading mod EvoGUI 0.4.10 (data.lua)
   1.315 Loading mod Expanded_Robot_Tech 0.3.0 (data.lua)
   1.375 Loading mod expanded_tools 1.0.1 (data.lua)
   1.423 Loading mod ExtraToolbelts 0.1.1 (data.lua)
   1.474 Loading mod FARL 0.5.16 (data.lua)
   1.535 Loading mod Landfill 2.1.7 (data.lua)
   1.588 Loading mod Larger Inventory 1.0.0 (data.lua)
   1.650 Loading mod Laser_Beam_Turret 0.1.4 (data.lua)
   1.700 Loading mod more-locomotives 0.3.0 (data.lua)
   1.757 Loading mod RailTanker 1.1.3 (data.lua)
   1.823 Loading mod STRS 0.0.5 (data.lua)
   1.877 Loading mod TheFatController 0.3.23 (data.lua)
   1.930 Loading mod train-tracker 1.0.0 (data.lua)
   1.986 Loading mod tree_collision 0.2.0 (data.lua)
   2.047 Loading mod VoidChestInstant 1.0.1 (data.lua)
   2.099 Loading mod YARM 0.7.16 (data.lua)
   2.155 Loading mod AmmoBox 0.3.0 (data-updates.lua)
   2.221 Loading mod FARL 0.5.16 (data-updates.lua)
   2.275 Loading mod rso-mod 1.5.1 (data-updates.lua)
   2.335 Loading mod advanced-logistics-system 0.2.12 (data-final-fixes.lua)
   2.395 Loading mod Agent Orange 0.0.5 (data-final-fixes.lua)
   2.466 Loading mod FARL 0.5.16 (data-final-fixes.lua)
   2.524 Loading mod WaiTex 0.9.0 (data-final-fixes.lua)
   3.221 Initial atlas bitmap size is 16384
   3.224 Created atlas bitmap 16384x9626
  27.920 Sprites loaded
  28.220 Loading sounds...
  30.646 Factorio initialised
  34.635 Loading map C:/Users\Rob\Desktop\Factorio_0.12.29\saves\_autosave1.zip
  34.799 Info Scenario.cpp:124: Map version 0.12.29-0
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

basjunk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by basjunk »

I love this mod !!! but i would love to see 2 extra filters. the 1st for trains who stand still because of a error. and 2nd for trains who ran out of fuel.

i might be doing it wrong, but when a train runs out of fuel. i have to look for 15 min in my list witch train it is, and where it is :geek:

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Ghoulish wrote:Getting a minor error past couple of days, randomly seems to happen whenever I click the trains+ button, the game doesn't crash, nor need a reload, just errors not a big deal, thought to mention it (really enjoying farl & fatty wish i started using them months ago! Big thanks for all your hard work ;))
Don't worry about that error, FatControllers way of keeping track of trains is a bit borked, i'm in the middle of a rewrite which should solve these issues.
basjunk wrote:I love this mod !!! but i would love to see 2 extra filters. the 1st for trains who stand still because of a error. and 2nd for trains who ran out of fuel.

i might be doing it wrong, but when a train runs out of fuel. i have to look for 15 min in my list witch train it is, and where it is :geek:
The new version will most likely have icons for the different errors/alarms instead of the "!", which makes spotting it easier. Filtering by errors should be fairly simple to add.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Sorry but i must complain about the attachments of the first post.
They are very outdated versions and i scrolled intentionally to this area and downloaded/installed an old version.
I guess this is the reason because i have an error message on map load and only after this i researched for the correct link.

Maybe you could delete these if they aren't needed any more.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Senshi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Senshi »

Just encountered an issue, not sure if already known/reported.

We use Fat in MP (which works fine), but I encountered an issue which caused me to lose my character entirely:
While manually sitting in a train, I used the "C" button to remotely "jump into & control" a train. No biggie, fiddling with some smart train settings. However, after a while in there I (as client) had a game freeze (happens every now and then in MP). Usual solution is AltF4 and rejoin, no biggie.

However, on rejoin, I found myself without a character entity. Instead, my inventory was empty and I could roam the map freely (spectator mode, I guess). The "flashlight" was fixed on my mouse cursor instead of an entity, as usual. No amount of rejoin/rehost fixed it.
Pressing "C" again on any train triggers endless error messages about "no character found".

Changing my player name before rejoining, I joined as a "new" player and could play regularly again. Walking up to my old train, I found I couldn't enter it because "it already is occupied". I also noticed logistic bots still flying to that train, offloading stuff. So I though my old player char entity is somehow stuck in the train, just disassociated from my actual player. And true enough, when deconstructing the train (rightlick), my old player char entity popped up, just not being controllable.

In short: I assume when using "C" to remote-control, a temporary new character is used while the old one is "cached". If the game crashes now, the association to the old entity is lost and will not be restored when reconnecting, leaving the player without entity (free spectator camera).

EDIT: Version 0.3.23

BlaQkout
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BlaQkout »

Senshi wrote:Just encountered an issue, not sure if already known/reported.

We use Fat in MP (which works fine), but I encountered an issue which caused me to lose my character entirely:
While manually sitting in a train, I used the "C" button to remotely "jump into & control" a train. No biggie, fiddling with some smart train settings. However, after a while in there I (as client) had a game freeze (happens every now and then in MP). Usual solution is AltF4 and rejoin, no biggie.

However, on rejoin, I found myself without a character entity. Instead, my inventory was empty and I could roam the map freely (spectator mode, I guess). The "flashlight" was fixed on my mouse cursor instead of an entity, as usual. No amount of rejoin/rehost fixed it.
Pressing "C" again on any train triggers endless error messages about "no character found".

Changing my player name before rejoining, I joined as a "new" player and could play regularly again. Walking up to my old train, I found I couldn't enter it because "it already is occupied". I also noticed logistic bots still flying to that train, offloading stuff. So I though my old player char entity is somehow stuck in the train, just disassociated from my actual player. And true enough, when deconstructing the train (rightlick), my old player char entity popped up, just not being controllable.

In short: I assume when using "C" to remote-control, a temporary new character is used while the old one is "cached". If the game crashes now, the association to the old entity is lost and will not be restored when reconnecting, leaving the player without entity (free spectator camera).

EDIT: Version 0.3.23
i have this exact same problem and if there is any way to fix this i would love to know how.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

if you have console commands enabled and you can see or get to your original character you can try the following:
1. Back up your save
2. Paste this in the console:

Code: Select all

/c local p = game.local_player; local old = p.character; p.character = p.selected; old.destroy()
3. Hover the mouse over your original character
4. Hit enter
5. Hopefully profit.

If that works i suggest saving the game, disabling/removing FatController, loading the save, save again, reenable FatController, load again. This should get rid of any remaining corrupt data and let you keep playing.
Note: disabling the mod on a multiplayer map is not recommended, unless you are absolutely sure no other player has left the game while remote controlling a train.

Szentigrade
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Szentigrade »

was in the middle of playing been using this mod for 2weeks now and i get a crash and then i couldn't start the server with
8.703 Error MultiplayerManager.cpp:109: MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while running the on_configuration_changed: __TheFatController__/control.lua:242: Error when running interface function railtanker.getLiquidByWagon: __RailTanker__/control.lua:26: LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid."
8.703 Info MultiplayerManager.cpp:912: networkTick(0) mapTick(-1) changing state from(CreatingGame) to(InitializationFailed)
8.703 Error Main.cpp:344: Couldn't load the game for MP: Error while running the on_configuration_changed: __TheFatController__/control.lua:242: Error when running interface function railtanker.getLiquidByWagon: __RailTanker__/control.lua:26: LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.

Vas
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Vas »

I was hoping you could increase the amount of time a train is able to stay at a place waiting, 200 seems to be the slider max. Which is what, 200 seconds? I'd like to be ale to input the amount of seconds too, not just use a slider bar.

Another thing, would be to add a small update seconds or refresh button to refresh the seconds you just changed, rather than having it automatically try and use that and go negative or go before the timer runs out. So you can change settings on a train without it updating until you click the button.

Another thing I would like, is trains that don't have a programmed schedule. A setting on a train that turns it into a passenger train that you fill the destination list with stops you'd like it to be able to stop at, and then a new item added to the game where you set it near the tracks at one of the stops and click it in order to call the train over if it is currently stopped. The train will then go to that station to pick you up, and if you are inside it, a list of buttons should appear to allow you to click one of the destinations to go to. When I tried adding all destinations to the list before, it kept going places and wouldn't stop till I hit pause on it. I just want a train I can use to go to one of the destinations without it driving off or having to go into the UI, add destination, remove other destination, and then click "go to".

I just thought I'd send three suggestions in now and see if you're willing to do any of them to improve this any! I'm looking for a way to make it so the trains will only leave the station when their cargo is full, but I don't know how to do that yet. I rather not have to specify a time like your trains have, would like to be able to tell it to only leave the station once full. :P Perhaps you can add a smart cart and only smart carts will let you use an "if x amount is reached" thing? I'm open to discussing my thoughts on this if you're up for trying. :P
You can get my mods by clicking here, and use discussions there or PMs here to suggest or report issues.
Want some blueprints made by me? Click here then!

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Sounds like you haven't discovered viewtopic.php?f=97&t=14432 yet ;)
Most should be possible with Smart train stops and combinators.

@Szentigrade: looking into it.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to TheFatController 0.4.11

Changes:
  • icons for alarms
  • shows remaining time at station in the traininfo
  • fix players being thrown out of a train when another player tries controlling it
  • filter trains by alarm
  • show 10 trains per page by default
  • alarms are only shown for players in the same force
  • added spanish translation by frenchiverduti
Last edited by Choumiko on Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JasonC »

Choumiko wrote:Updated to TheFatController 0.4.11
That link is broken. There's some extra spaces between the words. It should be this.
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JasonC »

Is there updated usage info somewhere?

What do the "s" "x" and "!" buttons up top do? I'm afraid to press them.

Ok I figured out "s" shows station filters and "!" shows options, but I can't figure out "x" or the "Alarms" button on the "s" window or "Find Character" on the "!" window.

Btw this is awesome.

Feature request: Show train speed. With this info it'd also be possible to tell which trains are waiting at switches. It could be in parens after moving trains, like the remaining station time is for stopped trains.
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

JasonC wrote:That link is broken. There's some extra spaces between the words. It should be this.
Oh boy, thank you, no clue how that happened.. :D Guess i shouldn't do releases after a 11 hour work day.
JasonC wrote:Is there updated usage info somewhere?

What do the "s" "x" and "!" buttons up top do? I'm afraid to press them.
"s" opens a window where you can filter the displayed trains by stations/alarms
"x" clears the filter once it is set.
"!" opens configuration for the alarms (time, which alarms should be reported to you)

Edit: Don't know about the speed. It already shows "Signal | NextStation" if a train is waiting at a signal (or will if you just upgraded and the trains didn't move yet)

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JasonC »

Choumiko wrote:It already shows "Signal | NextStation" if a train is waiting at a signal (or will if you just upgraded and the trains didn't move yet)
It doesn't always seem to be correct. There is definitely something strange, I will let you know once I can state it concretely with steps to show it. All I can say now is it seems to switch from "signal" to "moving" prematurely, and has something to do with whether or not the train in the block ahead of it is moving.

Btw, I saw some console messages, but they aren't preventing anything from working:

The first one I got shortly after loading a game after installing the mod.

The second one I sometimes get when switching a train from pause to play via TFC. So far I have only seen it on trains that are stopped at a station, and have only that single station on their stop schedule (I do that to tell trains to park themselves in my trainyard when I take them out of commission), but that might be a red herring.

Edit:
"x" clears the filter once it is set.
Also, thanks. So just to make sure:

- "x" and "s" -> "Clear" both do the same thing.
- When in train camera mode, pressing the yellow "c", the yellow "Player", and "!" -> "Find Character" all do the same thing.

Right?

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

JasonC wrote:It doesn't always seem to be correct. There is definitely something strange, I will let you know once I can state it concretely with steps to show it. All I can say now is it seems to switch from "signal" to "moving" prematurely, and has something to do with whether or not the train in the block ahead of it is moving.

The first one I got shortly after loading a game after installing the mod.

The second one I sometimes get when switching a train from pause to play via TFC. So far I have only seen it on trains that are stopped at a station, and have only that single station on their stop schedule (I do that to tell trains to park themselves in my trainyard when I take them out of commission), but that might be a red herring.
Correct, somehow a moving train in front of a signal causes the waiting train to change its state and mess up.
Yeah, first error shoud keep coming until all trains that where waiting at a signal at the time of the update start moving again, after that you shouldn't see it anymore.
Second one could also be gone after each train had it's go at it.
I'll check these errors later
JasonC wrote: Also, thanks. So just to make sure:

- "x" and "s" -> "Clear" both do the same thing.
- When in train camera mode, pressing the yellow "c", the yellow "Player", and "!" -> "Find Character" all do the same thing.

Right?
Correct. And i really left "Find Character" in.. was supposed to be a failsafe in case something screwed up but didn't work :D
And the Alarm button in the filter window filters trains with active alarms

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JasonC »

Minor issue: Trains without engines (cargo cars only) show up on the list.

If this is by design then feature request: Option to hide trains without engines.

Use case: I keep a bunch of cargo cars sitting around to use as copy+paste sources for slot filter settings. I've got 12 of them and they clutter up the list when no station filter is set.

Partial work around for that case: If I link all the cargo cars together at least they only show up as one train instead of 12.

Also, on cargo cars, using TFC you can press "play" on them, which is kinda weird (makes them start emitting "no path" warnings if you build tracks after pressing play) but inconsequential.

GameJunky
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GameJunky »

I have recently run into an error message when trying to view trains. Any time I click the "C" for any train I receive this message. The Control bar and Weapon bar chages but the camera does not move.

Aintence
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Aintence »

Hey, I have played with few mods but decided to use map editor. After saving everything and trying to load the custom scenario i get this error:
Mods i use:
- Biter friendly rails,
- Landfill,
- Rail tanker,
- RSO,
- This mod

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

GameJunky wrote:I have recently run into an error message when trying to view trains. Any time I click the "C" for any train I receive this message. The Control bar and Weapon bar chages but the camera does not move.
Are you using ModIconizer? These errors are the same as reported in https://github.com/Roktaal/mod-iconizer/issues/2
Aintence wrote:Hey, I have played with few mods but decided to use map editor. After saving everything and trying to load the custom scenario i get this error:
I'm not sure how scenario creation works with mods. Try disabling FatController, load the scenario in the editor, save it and then enable FatController again before starting the scenario. If it doesn't work, can you upload the scenario somewhere so i can give it a try?
JasonC wrote:Minor issue: Trains without engines (cargo cars only) show up on the list.

If this is by design then feature request: Option to hide trains without engines.
Not by design, i think the earlier versions ignored them, must have removed a check without noticing.

Return to “Mods”