Combinator challenge, time delayed switch

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
zerohourrct
Inserter
Inserter

Combinator challenge, time delayed switch

Post by zerohourrct »

I'm trying to find the simplest time delayed reset that will continue to output a true condition for a certain time delay after the condition goes false. I'm trying to do this using only 4 combinators, but I haven't figured it out yet, maybe you have to use 5 (or more). You can pick whatever true output condition you'd like (>389 if that's what works), but you must use one decider combinator at the input to allow setting of any desired trigger condition.

XKnight
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Combinator challenge, time delayed switch

Post by XKnight »

I think this is what you are looking for...
This build has 60 ticks delay.
1.png
1.png (530.45 KiB) Viewed 3372 times
Improved version

zerohourrct
Inserter
Inserter

Post by zerohourrct »

Yup that's perfect xknight. I was stuck on using arithmetic combinators for the subtraction/addition and completely forgot about constant combinators :D

EDIT: almost perfect, I think it pauses the countdown if the value again goes true during the time delay. But I think I can get around that.

XKnight
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by XKnight »

zerohourrct wrote: EDIT: almost perfect, I think it pauses the countdown if the value again goes true during the time delay. But I think I can get around that.
Yes, it is true. Next time you should be more accurate when asking for help, because everything which is not clearly described may produce unexpected results :D

P.S. Improved version is what you need.

Return to “Gameplay Help”