Topics and discussion about specific mods
pyroinfernia
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[MOD 0.12.x] Roboport Quick Charge 0.2.0

Post by pyroinfernia »

Roboport Quick Charge

Info:
  • Tired of waiting on your bots to charge in a larger bot network? This Roboport upgrade is your solution!
    Features
    Console Commands
  • Name: Roboport Quick Charge
  • Latest Release: v0.2.1, April 18, 2016
  • Factorio Version: 0.12.x
  • Download: Roboport Quick Charge 0.2.1
  • License: MIT
Version History
Last edited by pyroinfernia on Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

frenchiveruti
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Roboport Quick Charge 0.1.0

Post by frenchiveruti »

Please add translations support to your mod, thanks!

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

frenchiveruti wrote:Please add translations support to your mod, thanks!
There is nothing to translate in this mod.
If you're going around translating mods that's fine, but please try them at least once to see how they work and look in your language in-game.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

frenchiveruti
Inserter
Inserter

Post by frenchiveruti »

daniel34 wrote:
frenchiveruti wrote:Please add translations support to your mod, thanks!
There is nothing to translate in this mod.
If you're going around translating mods that's fine, but please try them at least once to see how they work and look in your language in-game.
Yes yes, I did see that this one doesn't have anything to translate just by checking out the source, I thought that I was missing something about the technology that you are supposed to investigate in order to obtain this advanced roboport, but it seems that it doesn't have any research for it, and I was lazy to edit :P .

So, in that same matter and as a suggestion to the mod, @pyroinfernia , it would be nice if, instead of directly affecting the roboports, you can research a tech that allows you to spend resources in order to be able to place them, if it's possible.

Greets to all!

frenchiveruti
Inserter
Inserter

Post by frenchiveruti »

So, what about doing this a researchable technology that increases the amount of charge slots and power capacities?

pyroinfernia
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pyroinfernia »

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm currently in the process of making it a researchable technology, but I've run into a few different problems due to the current limitations of the API. Some approaches I was trying to the problem are not possible currently, and being a new modder to this game, I am slowly figuring out what is and isn't possible in the API.

pyroinfernia
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pyroinfernia »

Version 0.2.0 uploaded.

pyroinfernia
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Roboport Quick Charge 0.2.0

Post by pyroinfernia »

v0.2.1 uploaded
bugfixes

Anuanu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Anuanu »

Conflicts with 5dim logistics roboport 2. It converts the MK2 from 5dim to MK1 with upgrades from your mod. Plus side is all the stuff you offer, downside half the supply and construction area.

EDIT: I changed entity.lua radius as follows:

Upgrade 1: Logistic = 25, Construction = 50
Upgrade 2: Logistic = 30, Construction = 60
Upgrade 3: Logistic = 35, Construction = 70
Upgrade 4: Logistic = 40, Construction = 80
Upgrade 5: Logistic = 45, Construction = 90
Upgrade 6: Logistic = 50, Construction = 100

Nebbeh
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nebbeh »

Ok, so I got a issue trying to isntall this mod. When I start Factorio I get error message. http://imgur.com/tNtms59 Any quick fix for this?

Tried changing from the name from Roboport_Quick_Charge-Master to Roboport_Quick_Charge-0.2.1 without it working. Thats the screenshot.

pyroinfernia
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pyroinfernia »

Nebbeh wrote:Ok, so I got a issue trying to isntall this mod. When I start Factorio I get error message. http://imgur.com/tNtms59 Any quick fix for this?

Tried changing from the name from Roboport_Quick_Charge-Master to Roboport_Quick_Charge-0.2.1 without it working. Thats the screenshot.
It seems that you downloaded the repository zip file instead of the zip file that I uploaded on the latest release section of my github.
You can either download the binary from this link: https://github.com/pyroinfernia/Robopor ... _0.2.1.zip

Or when you tried to rename the file, you forgot to also change the dash "-" to an underscore "_".
It should read "Roboport_Quick_Charge_0.2.1.zip"

I hope that helps!

Nebbeh
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nebbeh »

Thank you so much :)

SoulForge
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SoulForge »

After researching Roboport Upgrade 1 it caused all my Logistic Bots MK4 (from bobs mods) to vanish into thin air. I had 2034. Went straight to 0.

p31r
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by p31r »

Hello guys :)
First thing - i have Factorio version 0.12.5. Before i start the game, i have to change all script.on... to game.on... in control.lua. That wasn't problem.
Second thing - i start my previous game (game started before activating the mod). Then i want to start first upgrade. I've got an error:
Notice
Error while running the event handler:
__Roboport_Quick_Charge__/control.lua:122: bad argument #-1 to 'create_entity' (table expected, got string)
This is the part of the code (same code downloaded from here - Roboport_Quick_Charge_0.2.1):

Code: Select all

function upgradeRoboports(upgrade)

local surface = game.players[1].surface
	for c in surface.get_chunks() do
		--replace all roboports preserving contents
		if roboport_auto_replace_method == "both" or roboport_auto_replace_method == "onresearch" then
			for _, entity in ipairs(surface.find_entities_filtered({area={{c.x * 32, c.y * 32}, {c.x * 32 + 32, c.y * 32 + 32}}, type="roboport"})) do
				local pos = entity.position
				local countC = entity.get_inventory(1).get_item_count("construction-robot")
				local countL = entity.get_inventory(1).get_item_count("logistic-robot")
				local countR = entity.get_inventory(2).get_item_count("repair-pack")
				local backerName = entity.backer_name
				entity.destroy()
				newRobo = surface.create_entity({name=itemList[upgrade+1], position=pos, force="player"})
				if countC > 0 then
					newRobo.get_inventory(1).insert({name="construction-robot", count=countC})
				end
				if countL > 0 then
					newRobo.get_inventory(1).insert({name="logistic-robot", count=countL})
				end
				if countR > 0 then
					newRobo.get_inventory(2).insert({name="repair-pack", count=countR})
				end
				newRobo.backer_name = backerName
			end
		end
		--change any roboport assembling machines to have upgraded recipe and convert any old roboports in the output slot to new ones
		if roboport_recipe_update then
			for _, entity in ipairs(surface.find_entities_filtered({area={{c.x * 32, c.y * 32}, {c.x * 32 + 32, c.y * 32 + 32}}, type="assembling-machine"})) do
				if entity.recipe then
					if entity.recipe.name == "roboport" or string.sub(entity.recipe.name, 1, 20) == "qcm-roboport-upgrade" then
						local itemcount = entity.get_output_inventory().get_item_count(itemList[upgrade+0])
						entity.recipe=game.players[1].force.recipes[recipeList[upgrade+1]]
						if itemcount > 0 then
							entity.get_output_inventory().clear()
							entity.get_output_inventory().insert({name=itemList[upgrade+1], count=itemcount})
						end
					end
				end
			end
		end
	end

end
So, i am not sure, where the problem is.

Thanks for help :)

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

p31r wrote:Hello guys :)
First thing - i have Factorio version 0.12.5. Before i start the game, i have to change all script.on... to game.on... in control.lua. That wasn't problem.
Second thing - i start my previous game (game started before activating the mod). Then i want to start first upgrade. I've got an error:
Simple question - why are you using such old version of game?
New versions change more then only function names - they also change actual API. That error you are seeing might be caused by this.

SoulForge
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SoulForge »

orzelek wrote:
New versions change more then only function names - they also change actual API. That error you are seeing might be caused by this.

My only guess would be a pirated copy? Frankly why anyone would do that is beyond me. And why you'd stay on the old version is also a mystery.

Upgrade. New version fixes stuff and has more mods that are made for it.

p31r
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by p31r »

SoulForge wrote:
orzelek wrote:

My only guess would be a pirated copy? Frankly why anyone would do that is beyond me. And why you'd stay on the old version is also a mystery.

Upgrade. New version fixes stuff and has more mods that are made for it.
It's not a pirate version. I have some old mods (which are not made and supported for newer version) and some my own made simple mods, which after upgrade crash my game (my old saves don't want to load). And i am a little bit afraid to change by myself some old mods. If I won't be able to fix this, then I will upgrade and change all mods :)
Just ask if this problem can be fix by myself :)

SoulForge
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SoulForge »

Can a fix also be put into place to not overwrite bobs logistics roboports. When I place these items it automatically changes to a roboport upgrade version.

gallomimia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by gallomimia »

I seem to have run into a serious bug after upgrading my roboports with your researches. I'm running:
Factorio 0.12.33
This mod version 0.2.1
Logistic Combinators 0.1.2
RoboportLogistics 0.1.0 (Which does not work!)

The problem occurs after upgrading the roboports, and wanting to move them slightly for building of solar panels. I remove the roboport, and then I cannot build anything on the old site! Not another roboport in the same or slightly different location, or the solar panels et cetera I wanted to build there in the first place. I will now test with the roboport logistics mod removed.

gallomimia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by gallomimia »

Confirmed. This is a bug caused by interference from another mod. That mod doesn't work properly, doesn't seem to be maintained (a fix is published by another user), and is being introduced in the next major update for Factorio. So, no big deal.

Return to “Mods”