Warning Sounds

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Toawa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Warning Sounds

Post by Toawa »

It would be very nice if the game would give out some kind of warning sound when an attack is detected by the radar, or at the very least when something is actually being attacked...

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Warning Sounds

Post by TGS »

Yeah I agree and I don't even use sounds much on my computer these days. It would be really helpful since the little 'attack' notification on the bottom right hand of your hotbar is very easy to miss. Also doesn't stay on long enough.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Only when it can be switched off. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

ssilk wrote:Only when it can be switched off. :)
Mute button. Tada. :P

But no, you're right. Annoying sounds that get your attention are really annoying when you don't wan tthem, don't need them or they cannot be turned off.

Undermind
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Undermind »

I'd like to have sounds like "Base is under attack!", "Ore field depleted", "Insufficient energy" etc, not just some noisy alarm.

Garm
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Garm »

These sounds systems should be made by player imho as part of the logic system update.

I think It would be better if each player can build his own alarm systems where he needs them to (allowing quiet spots ingame), and trigger them with different conditionals like: low power, capacitors empty, radar detecting creeper base etc.

This would allow much more sophisticated warning system where players can for example make "information centre" with multiple lights each telling about different condition of the base, and dispersed howler alarms notifying player about important events.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

The game has this steam punk style. I cannot speak for others, but for me this means: the interface doesn't speak at all. I hate her saying "research complete".

Just simple, maybe a bit strange sounds, not more.

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BurnHard »

jeah, some short "beep, beep" when buildings are damaged, but no speaker

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I like the idea of making own warning system. For two players this would give you some more power.

This is really not a ready idea, but there are sensors, which send signals into a global circuit network and other devices, which can revive those signals. It's more or less like the logistic network, but much more distant. Perhaps the "next tier" which connects robotic networks on a level, that they can swap items by train. But that us a completely other story.
And instead of having receivers on the ground, which let some stuff blink, arm the lasers, activate warning lamps etc. we could have some of them also in our suit. Now you can make some connections to sound generators, lamps, send other signals or so.
As said, not thought into the depth.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”