Pirating Factorio

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Pirating Factorio

Post by malokin »

lyravega wrote:
malokin wrote:The ulimate would be to get the devs to be annoyed in real life.
I don't think devs give a flying f*ck, but instead probably rolling over the floor, laughing.
If i can make craigslist hookers show up to kovarex's house for in-calls every hour for a week, I dont think he will be laughing. I think he'll let me post torrent links is what I think he will do.

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

TGS wrote:
malokin wrote:
TGS wrote:I genuinely didn't. I didn't want you posting torrent links, I wanted those removed. But why ban you? You weren't doing anything wrong other than posting the torrent links. In fact honestly I liked you. Up to this point. You seem to have an issue with perceiving enemies where none exist. No wonder you came on here itching for a fight from the get-go.
:lol: I think your posting speaks for itself.
How ambiguous of you. Quite sad to see a potentially good community member and generally good topic go to crap over such a simple matter. And yes I do believe piracy is a good topic. I like the discussion because it provokes honesty and thought on a subject that is largely biased.
:lol: oh wow, just wow

Garm
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Garm »

I was not talking about you, nor do I care really.

This thread, however, is useless.

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

Garm wrote:I was not talking about you, nor do I care really.

This thread, however, is useless.
It has been very useful in PROVING the devs WANT to be soft on piracy, but that they have a hard time practicing a policy of live and let live. I am happy I got to be the one to prove they believe in deleting posts and censorship, you all have such hero worship for them.

edit: they almost had me thinking they believed in the new world of free digital medium while simultaneously selling their products
I guess it was wishful thinking, I had the hero worship too. I'm glad tho I get to know the truth, rather than live a comfortable lie that the devs would be THE FIRST to give this level of acceptance to a pirate on their own forum. They almost had me believing they were different.
Last edited by malokin on Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

Robik
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Robik »

TGS wrote:
Robik wrote:Btw, it is not my call but banning does not solve anything, he will just create another account.
You're right. However at what point do you decide that someone is ban worthy? I mean if someone is threatening the forum, the devs personal lives and you aren't prepared to ban them... you pretty much aren't gonna ban anybody ever. Giving people this impression that they can do whatever they want and nobody can stop them is exactly why people like malokin do what they do. Because they can and they think nobody can stop them. You see it on IRC a lot. Possibly more so than forums in fact.
I agree with you, he is ban worthy. But if you can't stop him from making another account, it is wasted effort. It might be worth a try though, he might be to lazy to make a new one.

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

Robik wrote:I agree with you, he is ban worthy. But if you can't stop him from making another account, it is wasted effort. It might be worth a try though, he might be to lazy to make a new one.
Maybe :lol:
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

Robik
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Robik »

malokin wrote:
lyravega wrote:
malokin wrote:The ulimate would be to get the devs to be annoyed in real life.
I don't think devs give a flying f*ck, but instead probably rolling over the floor, laughing.
If i can make craigslist hookers show up to kovarex's house for in-calls every hour for a week, I dont think he will be laughing. I think he'll let me post torrent links is what I think he will do.
Will they be good looking and free of charge? I might be interested as well :lol:

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Robik wrote:It might be worth a try though, he might be to lazy to make a new one.
Really? Can you really believe malokin would NOT create a new account right now? (btw, I fell asleep shortly after editing the posts, simply couldn't keep my eyes open any longer). If I banned malokin's account he'd simply create a new one. and a new one until HE got tired of doing so, and as stated he'd spam the board with them, whereas without banning malokin the only thing he is currently doing is sending the devs some hookers (Hey I wouldn't mind, if nothing else I could send 'em next door to people I don't like just to mess with them myself) and posting here. I'll continue to edit any posts containing links to the torrents since that's what the devs have decided (they're easy to find anyways if someone wanted them).

Robik
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Robik »

FreeER wrote:
Robik wrote:It might be worth a try though, he might be to lazy to make a new one.
Really? Can you really believe malokin would NOT create a new account right now? (btw, I fell asleep shortly after editing the posts, simply couldn't keep my eyes open any longer). If I banned malokin's account he'd simply create a new one. and a new one until HE got tired of doing so, and as stated he'd spam the board with them, whereas without banning malokin the only thing he is currently doing is sending the devs some hookers (Hey I wouldn't mind, if nothing else I could send 'em next door to people I don't like just to mess with them myself) and posting here. I'll continue to edit any posts containing links to the torrents since that's what the devs have decided (they're easy to find anyways if someone wanted them).
Nah, I don't really believe he is that lazy.
That's why I said in my previous post that banning him would not solve anything.

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

Will they be good looking and free of charge? I might be interested as well :lol:
Sure, gimme your address and I'll mass reply every craigslist and backpage hooker in your entire area, ill fake nokia text their phones and youll be added to their queues.
This is free, its the sex you will have to pay for.
Pizzas, tree removal services, please knock on my door for anymouse gloryhole sex style stuff is what i'm talking about. Spamming you IRL using craigslist style services. Is there an updated how to page for this kind of stuff, i want to stay current?
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Good advice: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
Well. I won't say, that malokin is a troll. Truly! But some parts of this discussion are very direct trolling. (And not only by malokin.) I won't accuse anyone here, go just for the facts.

And what can be done?
Well: Don't feed the trolls! Best that can be done.

http://www.osnews.com/story/25540
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

malokin wrote:Is there an updated how to page for this kind of stuff, i want to stay current?
Of course not, if you want to be a master you have to be original! I've always loved the movie Hackers for this :)

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

Found it:
http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2012-01-18 ... 834700.jpg

Gee I wonder why you switched all the demos from locations like here:
https://www.factorio.com/get-download/e ... 5/demo/osx
to here:
http://www.pc-fixit.de/factorio/0.8.8/f ... _0.8.8.dmg
whos your lil fwiend with no homepage and lotsa bandwidth?

No matter, I can just leach the images from your main site over and over just as fast as I leach the demo files right?? I'll just load the damn forum's text over and over with a couple hundred morning coffee apps if I have to. Currently I wanna see if I can automate a forum search over and over to see if the server's harddrvies can be slowed by spamming forum searches for long/odd strings. That would be funny to do the week after 090 hits.
Any of my little helpers have a program that will automate that for me? It has to be a random text generator that we can feed into the search box so they can't cashe our searches and I think they already have a search limit, although I'm not sure exactly how big yet. Thnx lil homies.

Next I think I'll drive up the bandwidth costs for your french and russian fan sites, wonder if I can get them to run out of monthly bandwidth? I bet if I sent a Cease and Desist email pretending to be the factorio team to their hosting company I could destroy them easy, but we'll try to keep to keep this fight "techno" instead of "socialengineering" until the third or fourth month, that way we have can have something to escalate to if they still dont want to play ball after the fight has dragged on for awhile. It would make me laugh so hard if I succeeded in a fake cease and decists and your host pulled your files/sites, and ya'll had to fight in court to prove you are the authors of your own work, but we'll see if it has to come to that.
edit: oh yeah, and adding referrer's does nothing, but good try

I hadn't even started the bandwidth drain yet, give me a little more time, I am eager to impress you.

Or you could let me post torrent links like you did 2 days ago. I just wanna go back to my plans of being a map maker.
Last edited by malokin on Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

Robik
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Robik »

ssilk wrote:Good advice: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
Well. I won't say, that malokin is a troll. Truly! But some parts of this discussion are very direct trolling. (And not only by malokin.) I won't accuse anyone here, go just for the facts.

And what can be done?
Well: Don't feed the trolls! Best that can be done.

http://www.osnews.com/story/25540
Hmm... Is trolling a troll trolling?

Yes, I admit that few of my last posts were not serious... can you blame me?

Anyway, I will stop. This is my last post in this thread.

ataaron
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ataaron »

Pirating seems to be a motivating argument.. 22 pages so far

Wardiaper
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Wardiaper »

What is the point of this thread? An ego boost for malokin to prove how smart he is by attacking a small indie game? Okay, you're a big boy now. *golf clap*

This is pretty sad. If I was that smart I would spend my time making money instead of making trouble and crying out for attention. This is just being a bully. Get some balls and go after some of the real crappy companies in this world instead of a little developer with a great game.

Cellidor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cellidor »

It's interesting, I saw some comments mentioning how little the Demo had within it, but frankly, I think that's more a personal opinion.

I, for one, ended up buying the game hardly half an hour after trying the demo. What it lacked made me want the full experience all the more!
Sometimes you're just target practice for giant, interstellar worms.

JohnTS
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JohnTS »

Is this retard going to be banned yet? Openly stating he's going to do ddos style attacks on the website (trolling or not) warrants it.

muzzy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by muzzy »

This thread is no longer about piracy, it's about a power trip. It's obvious he isn't doing this because of any ideological reasons.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

JohnTS wrote:Is this retard going to be banned yet?
This is unneeded. The devs have already decided on a course of action, not to mention malokin hasn't been on for several days.
muzzy wrote:This thread is no longer about piracy, it's about a power trip.
This is also unneeded. If your opinions have nothing to do with the original topic then do not clutter the topic with them regardless of whether you think the topic is off topic :) (my post is an exception because I'm a mod and trying to get it back on topic, for those who have not stated their opinion thus far)
Wardiaper wrote:What is the point of this thread? An ego boost for malokin
Hm, I must have missed this one earlier or I'd have said the same as I just did above.

TL;DR, post only about the topic (Piracy). Thank you.

Return to “General discussion”