Aditional Rail Features

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

valmarus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Aditional Rail Features

Post by valmarus »

I'm looking towards the improved rail features and this got me thinking about some ideas that might be nice to see. I've seen various suggestions for steam engines and electric engines and catenarys and think these would be nice to see along with liquid fuels and fueling stations. Also I've seen suggestions like hopper cars and tankers for ore and liquids. I thought some other nice ideas for wagons would be:

Light Armoured wagon: A wagon with 2x Gun Turrets (must be manned) - Requires rail techs + turret tech
Armoured Wagon: 2x gun turrets 1x tank gun. Heavier than the above, must be manned.
Heavy Armoured Wagon: 4x gun turrets 2x cannons. Heavier than an engine. must be manned.
Automated versions of the above. Require robotics technologies.

Rail Generator: Uses solid or liquid fuels to produce power. Can be used to power electric engines, laser versions of armoured wagons, or while stationary will provide power to an electricity network while in proximity to a power cable.

Power Car: A car that provides more power and can carry more fuel than a standard locomotive but can't be used to drive (or automate) the train i.e. they require a regular locomotive in addition to the power car in order to function.

Additionally it might be nice to have some sort of chest where you can set a items to be sold in exchange for other items for MP games where players might want trade. So you'd set what you will accept as currency for that chest (ie you can set iron plates, copper plates, crude oil barrels, whatever you want) and place items in the chest you want to sell, the set a price value for each item. When another player that isn't you checks the chest they get an interface showing what item that chest accepts as currency and a list of the items in the chest and their associated prices. When they select what item they want and how much they place the required amount of the currency item into a slot int he window and then confirm and the chest gives them the items they requested.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Aditional Rail Features

Post by ssilk »

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=17734 New types of vehicles (train, tank, car, plane, ship...)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”