[MODS 0.10.x] Various Mods by FreeER

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Chrille
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MODS 0.8.x] Various Mods by FreeER

Post by Chrille »

Thought I'd try out some of your mods, Especially blast mining and cloning caught my attention.
Cloning made the game fail to initialize though.
It couldn't initialize the lua scripts. Considering it had dependencies of base version 0.7.4 I'm guessing it simply isn't updated for newest version.

Chrille
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chrille »

Blast mining caused game to exit as well when I tried using the dynamite. Both on dytech gems and on copper.
Notice
Error 2 while tunning the event handler: O:/Games\Factorio\mods\F-mod\control.lua:327:LuaEntity API call when entity target is zero.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Chrille wrote:Cloning made the game fail to initialize though.
Really? hm, I couldn't manage to replicate that. I just updated to 0.8.7 and the clone mod loads fine (though I noticed a couple debug statements that didn't check for the release variable being true). Did the game give any additional info?
Chrille wrote:mods\F-mod\control.lua
That says that it is F-mod's fault :) though it's actually a conflict with the two mods since they both use the same identifier for dynamite (we created it at practically the same time), we could append fmod/BM to "dynamite" but honestly I've just deleted the f-mod code for dynamite from his control.lua (I prefer how mine works). However, since he has dynamite you don't need blast mining (unless you wanted the more OP bombs, quantum and dna) or unless he hasn't added tech/recipes for it (I can't recall tbh). If I remember correctly, I think he mentioned once that he was thinking about removing dynamite from F-mod. Also, older versions of DyTech won't work (the resource result was not the same as the resource name, which is what Blast Mining checks for on detonation).
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

Chrille
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chrille »

I haven't seen any dynamites in F-mod so far. Which is why I wanted yours.
It did give more information, but I didn't write it down since I got annoyed :P
I'll test again soon.

Edit:
I got latest versions of Dytech etc

Like to tell me which parts to remove from F-mod?
I can see it being in a few parts of the control. I am quite unfamiliar with lua, so not sure how much needs to be removed for it to work.
Last edited by Chrille on Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chrille
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chrille »

windows error

Cannot load lua script O:/[etc]\mods\clone\data.lua. Error:
...Factorio\mods\clone\prototypes\technology\technology.lua:1:
attempt to perform arithmetic on lgobal 'alien' (a nil value)

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Chrille wrote:Like to tell me which parts to remove from F-mod?
I think I'll just rename the dynamite to BMdynamite instead, that way there's less chance of incompatibilities if another mod adds dynamite as well (in the future, I don't believe there are any others at this time). I'm going to test with the latest F-mod and then update the download, it'll be just a few minutes and I'll post again when it's done.
Chrille wrote:...Factorio\mods\clone\prototypes\technology\technology.lua:1:
attempt to perform arithmetic on lgobal 'alien' (a nil value)
Ok, that gave me the info I needed :) It's a simple error in the technology file where I'm checking if the item 'dna' exists (from the dna mod) if so I set the prereqs to unlock cloning to be "dna" otherwise it (should) set it to "alien-technology" but I forgot to add the quotes so it assumed that alien and technology were variables that I wanted to subtract :) Since I keep dna installed it never failed to find dna and so never tried setting it to alien-technology lol. I'll update that at the same time that I update the Blast Mining mod, shouldn't be long.
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- Wiki Modding Guide

Chrille
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chrille »

I fudged around a bit myself in the codes and the dynamiting doesn't crash everything at least. One thing I'm thinking about though. Is it supposed to work that it only gives 1 ore when using on Gems? I did too little testing on vanilla ores I realise as I only tried it on Coal once and I might well ahve had coal in inventory already so don't know how much it gave.

What does DNA do? It didn't say in the first comment.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Chrille wrote:Is it supposed to work that it only gives 1 ore
NO it's not, and I'm actually trying to determine what the heck is causing that right now :) apparently when I tested by removing fmod code I only checked that it didn't crash, not that it worked as intended :oops: I thought initially that it was another aspect of fmod (since fmod creates 1 per loop) but it's something with the create entity command, which I KNOW worked perfectly when I initially created this mod and haven't really touched since. For some reason it's only creating a stack with 1 resource even though I pass a count of more...

edit: dna does nothing more than add a dna-collector (and tech to unlock it) which, when placed on biter corpses or spawner corpses, generates dna. When the dna mod is installed with Blast Mining it allows the creation of dna bombs (kills enemies in a large, large, area) and when installed with cloning adds dna and a computer to the recipe for a cloning tank, it might also change the recipe of the mind control beacon but I can't remember right now :)
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- Wiki Modding Guide

Chrille
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chrille »

Since i'm testing stuff now..

The hoverbike creates a runtime error as well.
Error while loading prototype "hoverbike": Energy amount has to be specified in W or J
Fiddled around a bit and saw where it seemed to lack the quotes and a W.
changed it to

Code: Select all

consumption = "5W"
Which led to another error instead.

Code: Select all

error in assignID, 'iron-working' was not recognized id of technology.
which is referenced in technology.lua... but I don't know enough about the base game or if it could be based on another mod (seems weird though) to figure out what's the solution to that. I'm guessing it's a matter of them renaming the tech in an update.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Chrille wrote:The hoverbike creates a runtime error as well.
Ah, that was simply a download link error :) It was linked to 1.1 instead of 1.3. Though "5W" should be "300W" and the iron-working was an old vanilla tech that was actually removed (instead of renamed), you were pretty close to everything :D

I've updated/fixed clone and ilbike, still working on determining the issue with blast mining. it might end up being a bug and I'll have to use a workaround until a Factorio update since I tried using the debug console in game with game.createentity{name="item-on-ground", position=game.player.position, stack={name="iron-ore", count=99}} and it still creates it with a stack of 1...
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- Wiki Modding Guide

Chrille
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chrille »

Sounds like you have to run that script 99 times then ;)

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

Chrille wrote:Sounds like you have to run that script 99 times then ;)
That creates 99 entities (laggy I think) that need to be picked in 99 different times

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

uploaded a couple proof of concept mods for player diseases (bleeding, broken bones) and Achievements. I call them proof of concept because I didn't put a lot of work into them and don't really intend to extend them, though they should work (the illness mod may be a bit out of balance with how often healing occurs). It's quite likely that the devs will (eventually) extend the API to allow more flexibility in the future which would make creating mods like these easier (ability to change player's speed and healing rate without creating entirely new prototype for example, or adding access to stats like total steps the player has taken).

As for blast mining, waiting on devs to get back with info :) I really don't want to create multiple entities or spawn containers to place the resources in.

Uglybob
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Uglybob »

Just an idea.. how about a fusion reactor?

Takes 4 x personal reactors to make one and runs on Alien artifacts

or add a new uranium resource... processing plant to process the fuel rods etc?

Not sure the complexity of making the above... just talkin out loud ;)

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Uglybob wrote:how about a fusion reactor?
This is something I've thought about doing, but I don't want to just use alien artifacts and craft it using portable fusion reactors (or in a similar manner). I'm also not really sure how I want to implement it since nuclear reactors are really more a type of boiler than a generator, so I'm unsure if I want it to be self-contained (fusion power plant, takes water/fuel/coolant and makes energy) or just the reactor itself (takes fuel and heats water quickly and with far less pollution). However, don't expect it until sometime after the 0.9 release (I believe the F-mod has a reactor in it though).

PS. do note the difference between fission (uranium as fuel, highly radioactive) and fusion (Hydrogen isotopes as fuel, hardly radioactive) 8-)

Uglybob
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Uglybob »

There are so many ways it could be done...

Fission (nuclear) reactors which requires fuel, plus a cooling tower attached. Upgrades could include extra fuel rods but requires extra cooling towers. Spent fuel would need a storage facility... so while you get the low pollution, you get byproducts which need to be handled. Obviously the cooling towers and reactor require cooling.. what happens if a biter attacks the pump and blows it up? Does it over heat and explode?

Fusion reactor could be similar to the fission but requires an excess energy source to start the reaction.. since the current ones require some silly amount of high powered lasers to get it going for 5 seconds

I would love to attempt this as a stand alone mod which could be integrated at a later date. I just have to learn how to do mods ;)

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

I had Power Armor mk3(DyTech) with modules. But broken legs happens. :) And all modules from this armor disappeared. Maybe it's associated with exosceletons in this armor. I think it's a bug

Deathmage
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Deathmage »

ya going to update this? I tried but the
'Error in assignID, 'crude-oil' was not recognised id of item'
Couldn't find it. Know it needs to be 'fluid = amount = type = ' but couldn't find any recipe with crude oil in.
Last edited by Deathmage on Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Deathmage wrote:ya going to update this?
I actually started working on updating some yesterday, was there something specific you wanted updated? most should actually work in 9.x.

Postnote: I'm usually not in a hurry to update these because few people seem to use them, and I'm just naturally a bit lazy :|

Deathmage
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Deathmage »

FreeEr quit alot is broken I think, I had to fix usage priority on mind control and as I said cant find the recipe bug. But they could be the only bugs :3

Return to “Mods”