Storage chest fix

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

bartek990
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Storage chest fix

Post by bartek990 »

Hi!

I have an idea how to fix the problem with logistic robots moving recourse from active provider chests to weird locations on the map. I think selecting a recourse by middle mouse click in storage chest (like in wagons) will be a nice and easy solution. It would force robots to transport something to specific storage chest until all dedicated slots will be filled.
Every solution is good if it's solving a problem.

_aD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Storage chest fix

Post by _aD »

Active provider chests do what it says on the tin - they actively provide to the logistics network. This means logibots must remove their contents to logistics if possible. They don't need fixing as they work as designed :-)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Hard to the corner of moving to "won't implement"... :)

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=15326 Stack Filters for Chest, Vehicles and others
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

js1
Inserter
Inserter

Post by js1 »

Would love to see that too... I take items out from storage chests (since I use circuit system as an early game logistic system), and logistic system not being able to put stuff into designated storage chest breaks the integration. So if you want to use storage chests for something else aside the logistic system, you're screwed.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

js1 wrote:So if you want to use storage chests for something else aside the logistic system, you're screwed.
Isn't that what Smart chests are for?
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

:) That's the reason for "Hard at the corner for moving to won't implement". See above. :D

js1
Inserter
Inserter

Post by js1 »

bobingabout wrote:
js1 wrote:So if you want to use storage chests for something else aside the logistic system, you're screwed.
Isn't that what Smart chests are for?
I used smart chests in the early game, and then upgraded them to logistic chests later. But I still want them to work with the original system, which can take items out completely.

Anyway, I have a simple suggestion on how the problem could be fixed, too. Currently, you can limit chest to have only some slots filled with machines. So what if there was an opposite filter, to limit chest so that some slots are not taken out by machines? Assuming this would work for logistic robots, you could place items in those slots, making sure logistic robots will always prefer it for storage.

kaZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaZ »

I will try to translate to ssilkish, the idea is just too good for the not implemented corner .

I think you guys missunderstood the TA maybe due he hasn't explained detailed enough. He is talking about weird locations. He is not questioning the ability of an avtice provider itself. He Is asking for a hybrid between logistic storage chest and requester chest.

Example: you have 1 iron mine that puts it's stuff into an ap. The next few tiles you set up a logistic storage chest. The bots would fill up this lsc.
Now what could happen (most likely in mp) that you have second lsc (already been set up before) which already contains iron. That storage chest is 1km away. The current logic tells the bots to fill that second lsc first . This is what he means by "Weird".

THe solution the TA is very good but needs some addition. When you set up that lsc closeby and filter it by middleclick for iron ore and set up the same 3 km away. The bots still would not know the right place to deliver the ore which it was meant by the player. What's missing is a "closest by check". Prio 1 ap -> filtered lsc closest by. prio 2 deliver to unfiltered lsc. The player has to ensure that he provides the logistic set up that everything works flawless, the filter would enable another game mechanic/logistic concept which can be chosen by the player or not.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Hm.
That fixes only parts of the basic problems. Maybe it's a good idea, but maybe not.

What are the basic problems? The basic problem is, that we need more control about how the logistic works. How the robots fly. What they should do first.

So I put it into
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=18093
under "Logistic Chests extensions".

There are a lot of other ideas about the basic problem. :)

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”