Awaited Indie Games Thread

Things that are not directly connected with Factorio.
ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Awaited Indie Games Thread

Post by ficolas »

Aza-Industries wrote:
SilverWarior wrote:A note about Gnomoria!
Gnomoria is not a Dwarf Fortress with GUI. It only uses similar setting but that is all. Also Gnomorias developer has no intention of making a Dwarf Fortress clone but rather something uniqe.
It the closest thing so far to a DF with GUI though, and IMO that makes is great.
I did say similar.

DF has been around for ages and has had plenty of time for features and depth to be added..

If Gnomorio continues development for a while it will get a lot more complex then it's current state.
Same as Rogue is now a typeof game, dwarf fortres-like is a genre too

Aza-Industries
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aza-Industries »

ficolas wrote:
Aza-Industries wrote:
SilverWarior wrote:A note about Gnomoria!
Gnomoria is not a Dwarf Fortress with GUI. It only uses similar setting but that is all. Also Gnomorias developer has no intention of making a Dwarf Fortress clone but rather something uniqe.
It the closest thing so far to a DF with GUI though, and IMO that makes is great.
I did say similar.

DF has been around for ages and has had plenty of time for features and depth to be added..

If Gnomorio continues development for a while it will get a lot more complex then it's current state.
Same as Rogue is now a typeof game, dwarf fortres-like is a genre too
I guess my second point about gnomoria was a bit of a hyperbole but I was trying to express my enthusiasm for the game.
I've been hoping for a more accesible dwarf-fortress game for a very long time, while gnomoria really doesn't come close in depth and complexity it is the closest I've seen a game come so far.

When towns first started development I supported it and hoped it would become something like this, but its development took a direction I personally don't like. It was a sad day, but then I found gnomoria.

Anywho, of all the games I listed gnomoria is actually the one I'm least looking forward too>

Starsector and Castle Story are my 2 most anticipated games.

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

The only reason why I comented about Gnomoria is becouse I'm flolowing it right from the start and there are pepole constantly coming to the Gnomoria forums requesting features from DF to be implemented.
Also many pepole get disapointed when they find out that Gnomoria is not DF with GUI and leave without even giving Gnomoria a chance to see what a good game it realy is.

xxdolcexx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xxdolcexx »

tis is a good game tug

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ner ... 1?ref=card

also you can go wit the 375$ / 7 to get ful potensial of the game

only left till 30 mei

http://nerdkingdom.com/administrators/m ... t/430.aspx

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

This looks cool, only 7-6 hours left on the kickstarter though.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sti ... our-weapon
I must thank PauseUnpause for sharing a video of it in time for me to back http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGxqTvygSjU
edit: just saw update 5 (there are 11 currently)...this looks cool (though I doubt I'll be able to take advantage of it) http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... bCtu_yt4kk
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

Hi-Torque
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hi-Torque »

Hello Everyone,

The alpha for Planetary Annihilation was released last night. http://store.uberent.com/Store/PreOrder ... rettyPhoto

Although the kickstarter is long over, you can still preorder with beta access starting in July.

Having played Total Annihilation on its release back in 1997, I can say these guys really did a great job capturing the feel and spirit of the original. Much better than SupCom or SupCom2. Well worth a look, but do not expect it to top Factorio :)

Kind Regards

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

Projekt Weltherrscher - Phase 2 or in short Projekt W - Phase 2

This is the game that is being developed by one of my friends. The game has been in development for several years now but this is the first time it would be available from digital distribution platforms. It is compleetly free.

This is a strategy game where you as country leader are trying to rule the world. For that you must make sure that your country can grow by providing necessary economy, industry and in many cases to wage war on other countries and conquest them. You will also need to do research to unlock new technologies and many more.

Anywhay the game is more than worth a try.

So go ahed to the sites below and give it a go:
http://www.desura.com/games/projekt-w-phase-2
http://www.indiedb.com/games/projekt-w-phase-2

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

So after a long time of admiring the game from the distance and watching Youtube videos now and then today I finally went ahead and bought the Prison Architect.

The game is ... broken for me:(
Not sure why but basically all of the sprites (prisoners, guards, trees, furniture, etc.) are rubbish. I had no luck googling the solution. The debug file looks fine, changing resolutions / installing newer version, playing with settings, etc. didn't help. So I sent an email to the support=). Anyway it is a good lesson in appreciation for people having technical problems with Factorio.

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

Latest versions od Prison Architect have quite a few problems.
I still keep playing Alpha 9 for this matter. But othervise it is a great game with so lots of potential.

LoSboccacc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LoSboccacc »

looking after RimWorld - prison architect if people were crash-landed on a planet.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tyn ... r/rimworld

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I like the planning mode, and the ai storyteller.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

LoSboccacc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LoSboccacc »

ssilk wrote:I like the planning mode, and the ai storyteller.
yup, the first time I read of it I tough of it just being some random gimmick, but seiing how it will become important to the overall theme makes it quite more interesting!

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

If the 0.9 release is going to be late, then it is because of this game: Don't starve http://www.dontstarvegame.com/. It is a total time eater. We both (me and kovarex) spent the whole weekend with it :D

LoSboccacc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LoSboccacc »

I am wasting tons of time with robocraft now.

robocraftgame.com

It is still a bit rough around the edges but lots of fun

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

Kerbal space program
https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/

The vanilla game tries to be very very very realistic, but if your computer can handle some serious aerodynamic calculations, you can get mods that increase the realism of the game's physics even more. This game will either turn you into a rocket scientist, or ruin your life forever.
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

malokin wrote:... you can get mods that increase the realism of the game's physics even more.
Yes there is a mod which increases the aerodynamisc a bit, but it is still far far from realism (I have verry good knowledge of aerodynamics - flying RC controlled plane models).

But Kerbal Space program is really a great game. Unfortunately last update brought some serious performance isues.

Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dysoch »

I like kerbal space program to, but still no 64x application for it. The ceiling of 4gb ram is killing me. I like to play with loads of mods, some even big. Im going to play it again when they get unity 4 for 64bit oparation systems
Creator of:
- DyTech
- DyWorld
- DyWorld-Dynamics
- DyWorld-Dynamics 2
Active since Factorio 0.6

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

Dysoch wrote:The ceiling of 4gb ram is killing me.
Are you sure the 4 GB memory ceeling is killing you? Most KSP gamers have problems in running out of Video Memory way before when running out of RAM especially when using mods like B9 aerospace pack which alone can use about 1 GB of video memory. That is the reason why there is B9 texture reduction pack available as it greatly reduces Video Memory requirements for B9 mod by sacrifising some texture quality.
Anywhay if you have posted any bug reports on KSP forums there is a great chance that I mught have replied to them especially if they were for version 0.21 and 0.22 when I was most active on the KSP forum. I have same nickname there as here.

Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dysoch »

SilverWarior wrote:
Dysoch wrote:The ceiling of 4gb ram is killing me.
Are you sure the 4 GB memory ceeling is killing you? Most KSP gamers have problems in running out of Video Memory way before when running out of RAM especially when using mods like B9 aerospace pack which alone can use about 1 GB of video memory. That is the reason why there is B9 texture reduction pack available as it greatly reduces Video Memory requirements for B9 mod by sacrifising some texture quality.
Anywhay if you have posted any bug reports on KSP forums there is a great chance that I mught have replied to them especially if they were for version 0.21 and 0.22 when I was most active on the KSP forum. I have same nickname there as here.
video memory is no problem, got 2gb :P but it would be nice to have an 64x application for ksp. that way i can play with as many mods as i like xD
Creator of:
- DyTech
- DyWorld
- DyWorld-Dynamics
- DyWorld-Dynamics 2
Active since Factorio 0.6

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

Any other unity games or unity web player games that people are enjoying?
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

Return to “Off topic”