New and have a question or two

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Antmf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

New and have a question or two

Post by Antmf »

Hey guys, just discovered this game via a mini lets play on youtube by Das24680 and was quite intrigued so I bought the game and wish to support it. I do have a question or 2 if you can help me out.

1- In the video is showed and stated that if you wanted to build an item you did not have to build prerequisites for said item. IE: I want to build a mining drill and it says it requires 3 metal gears. NOw I have the items to build the gears but the game would not allow me to build the miner without building the gears first. Was this just put in game or did my eyes and ears deceive me from the you tube lets play? PLease let me know.

2- Is there a guide fro beginners to show a build order or something to help me get started? Thanks guys :)

Nirahiel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: New and have a question or two

Post by Nirahiel »

THe mining drill doesn't only require 3 metal gears, check if you have enerything needed :)
Also try the campain ;)

liq3
Inserter
Inserter

Post by liq3 »

You still have to make the prerequisites, it's just if you click to build a something e.g. mining drill, it'll build the prerequisites automatically if you have the base materials.

And yeh, try the campaign. It's a bit of a tutorial.

Antmf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Antmf »

Awesome game so far. Thanks for tips. Playing the campaign now. Any active mods for game that you can recommend?

Nirahiel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nirahiel »

Industrio ? :)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Antmf wrote:Awesome game so far. Thanks for tips. Playing the campaign now. Any active mods for game that you can recommend?
I believe it is better to use the mods after you finish the campaign, in the freeplay. In the campaign it could lead to some trouble (too strong enemies or missing unlocked technologies to modified recipes etc).

Antmf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Antmf »

ok I will do that but I am having a hard time completing the hope mission when I have to recover the ship. I got rocketry and still cant kill all of those creatures lol

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Antmf wrote:ok I will do that but I am having a hard time completing the hope mission when I have to recover the ship. I got rocketry and still cant kill all of those creatures lol
In 0.8.x the New hope campaign was remade ...

CherryKiss
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CherryKiss »

Antmf wrote:ok I will do that but I am having a hard time completing the hope mission when I have to recover the ship. I got rocketry and still cant kill all of those creatures lol
I had SUCH a hard time with that mission (mission 3). What got me past it was using the defender capsules in mass on the SE base. Don't even worry about rockets, just produce more defenders...but you can use what rockets you have, along with your turrets, to help clear the SW base too.

Be careful in the SE base not to let your defenders accidentally destroy the ship you're trying to get to in the very corner of the map...right now there is no fail condition that triggers map lose, so if you blow up the ship you won't even know you can't win the map, even if you clear every enemy and own the whole map.

Return to “General discussion”