MOD [ 0.18.x / 1.1 ] Bio-Industries

Topics and discussion about specific mods
seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: MOD [0.12.28+] Bio-Farm 0.5.0 - Tree Farming Mod

Post by seronis »

I use its built in power in order to handle a mini factory for converting wood to saplings. It runs the assembler plant and all the inserters fine using only the greenhouses power. Very convenient

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [0.12.28+] Bio-Farm 0.5.1 - Tree Farming Mod

Post by TheSAguy »

V0.5.1 - German translation added - Thanks to BluBBa

Vatharian
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Vatharian »

I have problem with deconstructing the building. It is leaving power lines behind! And some red crosses that prevent me from building anything over it. I tried removing everything with bots, to no avail.

Edit: screenshot: http://imgur.com/hevvS1I
Veni, Vici, Spaghettici - never bus! (tm)

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I think this needs to be a part of general FAQ somewhere:
To remove fake leftover items from a mod execute this while mouse-overing the fake thing:

Code: Select all

/c game.local_player.selection.destroy()

Vatharian
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Vatharian »

Oh, wow. I've been searching for this command since I bought the game. Thanks!

I was going to ask how big are selection boxes on these fake power poles - and just at this moment I remembered I can show them in game. Well, developers tools come in handy!
Veni, Vici, Spaghettici - never bus! (tm)

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Vatharian wrote:I have problem with deconstructing the building. It is leaving power lines behind! And some red crosses that prevent me from building anything over it. I tried removing everything with bots, to no avail.

Edit: screenshot: http://imgur.com/hevvS1I
Vatharian, I've tested this a lot of ways and I'm not getting this problem. As Orzelek said, please use the code to remove the problem:

Code: Select all

/c game.local_player.selection.destroy()
Thanks.

gendalf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gendalf »

it feels extremely slow and pointless :P is there even charcoal and stuff?

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

gendalf wrote:it feels extremely slow and pointless :P is there even charcoal and stuff?
Tree farming in the base game is pretty pointless...
When you start using mods like Bob's, then you need wood and cutting down forests becomes a pain, so they you start liking tree farming mods.

Currently only growing trees. Maybe try Treefarm mod if you want charcoal :)

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [0.12.28+] Bio-Farm 0.6.0 - Tree Farming Mod

Post by TheSAguy »

Version 0.6.0 is up.
I took the code from Treefarm to make fertilizer, coal and plastic.
No balancing yet, still all treefarm values.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Treefarm is under GPL v3 license : viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19124.
There are things you should do, I think, to respect this licensing.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Factorio2016
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Factorio2016 »

drs9999 allowed to do with the mod all we want.
These recipes are just not very interesting. [my opinion]

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=522&start=430#p122766
I hereby declare the mod free4all. Do whatever you want to do with the mod whenever and whereever.
English is not my native language. Translator.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Sure, the version drs999 declared free for all is free for all indeed. But if the code used came from the version Bluewolf maintained, then GPL v3 applies.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

Fortunately, this is easily settled! If the mod here incorporated elements of the Treefarm hosted here https://github.com/Blu3wolf/Treefarm-Lite by Github, then it would need to comply with the license Treefarm is released under (GPL v3). The code in the Bio-Farm Github repository as of this commit https://github.com/TheSAguy/Bio_Farm/tr ... 7c3163c781 is not exclusive to the current Treefarm, but parts of it were present in the original treefarm by drs9999. Seeing as drs9999 gave blessing to all use of that original treefarm code, there is no problem, I think. While I think it would be polite and appropriate to credit drs9999 for the work in your mod, it is not technically required. Although I appreciate the vigilance of our moderation team in this regard!

Seeing as it uses intellectual property that was released for public use, I see no issue here presently.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Blu3wolf wrote:Fortunately, this is easily settled! If the mod here incorporated elements of the Treefarm hosted here https://github.com/Blu3wolf/Treefarm-Lite by Github, then it would need to comply with the license Treefarm is released under (GPL v3). The code in the Bio-Farm Github repository as of this commit https://github.com/TheSAguy/Bio_Farm/tr ... 7c3163c781 is not exclusive to the current Treefarm, but parts of it were present in the original treefarm by drs9999. Seeing as drs9999 gave blessing to all use of that original treefarm code, there is no problem, I think. While I think it would be polite and appropriate to credit drs9999 for the work in your mod, it is not technically required. Although I appreciate the vigilance of our moderation team in this regard!

Seeing as it uses intellectual property that was released for public use, I see no issue here presently.
Thanks Blu3wolf! Glad you're maintaining the treefarm mod. It's a Factorio Hall of Fame mod!

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [0.12.28+] Bio-Farm 0.6.1 - Tree Farming Mod

Post by TheSAguy »

V0.6.1 UP.

- Updated 128 bit Tech Graphics.
- Recipe tweaks. Now Each log gives you 2 Seedlings, and each seedling grows into two logs.
- New by product from creating seedlings - Wood Pulp. You can burn it or turn it into Ash.

Trees grow slow. There is an alternative recipe that uses fertilizer and they will grow faster. If you're playing with Natural Evolution Buildings Mod, you get an option of Advanced Fertilizer that grows trees even faster.

gendalf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gendalf »

unknown key:"recipe name.bf-seedling"
making fertilizer x100 seems wasteful, compared to x5. Coal processing 2 is just an upgrade step? (it's wasteful).

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Got unremovable ghost entities. Forgot about the command but a save reload fixed it. Good thing I had autosave and noticed the ghosts quickly.

Would be nice if the items replaced the treefarm items instead of making duplicates. Or it would have been nice before when I installed it and had treefarm buildings.

The cokery doesn't work with blueprints. It doesn't get added to it when you make the blueprint. Also, like treefarm mod, the cokery recipes are very slow.

It seems significantly slower than treefarm mod in tree/tile^2/s. I thought it would be slightly slower. If you have numbers on amount of tree generated compared to treefarm that would be nice to know. I'm using fertilizer. I don't have access to advanced fertilizer since I don't want the NE mod.

Other than that, thanks for a mod that doesn't destroy my fps but still lets me make wood and coal. Treefarm was cool with how it dealt with tree growing and farming, but it just wasn't written efficiently enough to work out. Maybe it could be improved, but until then I'll use this. And wood pulp is a nice addition, even though it doesn't yield that much coal for those big volumes.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [0.12.28+] Bio-Farm 0.6.3 - Tree Farming Mod

Post by TheSAguy »

Version 0.6.3 up.
Thanks to AenAllAin, the ghost entities should now be gone.
Updated a few icons.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [0.12+] Bio-Farm 1.0.0 - Tree Farming Mod

Post by TheSAguy »

Version 1 is up. I'm happy with the farm as it stands now.

Ghost entity problem should be fixed for all new farms, might still be there on existing farms if you built it before Version 1.
Some minor tweaks to some recipes. Takes a little more charcoal to make coal and more coal to make coke-coal.

Feedback appreciated.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [0.12+] Bio-Farm 1.0.0 - Tree Farming Mod

Post by Qon »

The cokery can't be a part of blueprints. Also it's very slow so you need a huge amount of them if you want to get lots of coal and use up your wood. I don't think a nerf is really needed, haven't calculated space needed for x coal per second yet though.

Return to “Mods”