(0.13.4) MoMining 0.1.2

Some mods covering weather, texture packs, transport, wind-turbine, reactor, interesting weapons and defense.

Moderator: ludsoe

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

(0.13.4) MoMining 0.1.2

Post by ludsoe »

Momining is a mod centered around expanding the possible ways to mine resources. Currently it only features Mining robots.
As this is a early build of the mining robots, Id like some feed back on their operation and balance. Lets create the best robotic mining together, eh?

ModListing: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/ludsoe/momining

Mirror Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9673h ... mining.zip
Installation Non-ModPortal
Features
Mining RoboPort Instructions
Small Warning
Images

StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: (0.12.20) MoMining 0.1.01

Post by StanFear »

Hey, interesting mod !
will use it in my nexts playtrough !

just after a quick test, I think it's weird that your mining robotport works even when there is no power !
and I think it would be interesting to have the place where the ressource is mined not always at the same place (imo, it should cicle through all nerby ressources)

and what about having a beam from the robotport to the ressource to "explain" why a piece of ore is out ?

anyways, great job on reusing the construction bots to do this !

StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: (0.12.20) MoMining 0.1.01

Post by StanFear »

hy, after playing with it a bit, I removed one of the mining robotport and all my contruction bots I had inside disapeared ... is that supposed to happen ?

oresKa2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: (0.12.24) MoMining 0.1.01

Post by oresKa2 »

looks cool but... you said it was buggy, you mean buggy as in a bit of fun with the robots taking a vacation now and again, or like a crash here and there?

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

Don't think Ive encountered a crash while in use after I fixed some quirks involving belts being overfilled due to silly, but there's a chance of it happening. But as people reported there's some issues with removing existing roboports as I have to do nasty hacks with ownership and what not to make the mod work properly.

tigar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tigar »

In the future could we maybe get the ability to use different types of construction robot? as several mods add in mk2 and so forth

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

VERY high script update time. Anything you can do to reduce this? It kinda gives a microstutter combined with other mods :/
ShadowsModpackDevelopment

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

darkshadow1809 wrote:VERY high script update time. Anything you can do to reduce this? It kinda gives a microstutter combined with other mods :/
I noticed this, and I'm unsure of what causes it really. Ill look into heavy optimizations the next round of changes I do.

Return to “MoMods”