MOD [ 0.18.x / 1.1 ] Bio-Industries

Topics and discussion about specific mods
TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

MOD [ 0.18.x / 1.1 ] Bio-Industries

Post by TheSAguy »

Bio Industries provides you with some very useful buildings and products.

This mod works best with Bob's mods, but can definitely be used by itself also.
Thanks to Xterminator for doing a Mod Spotlight – a little outdated.
Some additional PR on Game Skinny

Buildings:
Bio-Farm: Produce wood in a green house.
Bio-Garden: A building that helps reduces the pollution you create.
Bio-Solar-Farm: A high yield solar plant. Condense those hundreds of smaller solar panels into single unit.
Bio-Accumulator – A very large Accumulator. Condense those hundreds of smaller accumulators into single unit.
Solar Floor/Mat – A solar mat/floor that lets you move fast and produces electricity.
Bio-Cannon: A massive artillery unit that only fires on spawners. It has a range of 85.
Cookery: Turn all that wood you’re going to produce into Coal!
Stone Crusher: Crush stone.
Bio-Reactor: Produce Bio Fuels and Plastics.
Bio Boiler: High Efficiency Boiler
Terraformer: Change terrain and/or plant trees
Solar Plant: Produce solar power or steam

Products:
Seedling: Plant trees! (You can plant Seedlings and they will grow into trees.) The terrain you plant the seedlings on affects how fast they will grow, or if they will grow at all. Use fertilizer to improve the terrain!
Fertilizer: Use fertilizer to change terrain to grass. Trees grow better in grasslands that deserts. Also used in recipes to grow wood faster in the Bio Farm.
Wooden Fence: Early Defense.
Big Wooden Pole: Early Large Electric Pole.
Wood Floors: Early Wooden Floors.
Wooden Rail: Early Rail needs Wood to produce, later rail now needs Concrete.
Wooden Rail Bridge: Create a bridge that will span water.
Other Items:
Ash, Charcoal, Coke-Coal, Cursed Stone, Wood Pulp.
Plastic & Bio-Fuel

Game Tweaks:
Making some Vanilla recipe's more realistic.
Stone Wall: adds Iron Sticks (Rebarb) to recipe
Concrete: Uses Iron Sticks (Rebarb) and not Iron-Ore
Rail (Vanilla and Wood): Uses Crushed Stone and not Stone
Trees Give Random 1 - 6 Raw Wood
Tree Collision box made smaller
Steel Axe requires Iron Axe
Loot Pickup Distance x2
Slightly faster running.
Disassemble Recipes:
- Burner-mining-drill
- Steel-furnace
- Stone furnace
- Burner inserter
- Long handed inserter

Home on Mod Portal <-- Use this for downloading.
Home on Github
Bio MALL
Pictures

Version
Credits
Thanks.
Last edited by TheSAguy on Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:49 pm, edited 131 times in total.

jurrehart
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: MOD [0.12.11+] Bio-Farm 0.2.0 -- Another Tree Farm Mod

Post by jurrehart »

There seems to be a problem with powering the Bio Farm. I placed small & medium poles aournd it , but the Red power Icon keeps flashing.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

jurrehart wrote:There seems to be a problem with powering the Bio Farm. I placed small & medium poles aournd it , but the Red power Icon keeps flashing.
Give it a shot now.
Last edited by TheSAguy on Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jurrehart
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jurrehart »

TheSAguy wrote:
jurrehart wrote:There seems to be a problem with powering the Bio Farm. I placed small & medium poles aournd it , but the Red power Icon keeps flashing.
Give it a show now.
So I tried Version 0.3.0 the power issue has gone away.

However in my savegame with bob's mods now when I click the greenhouse i get presented with a GUI window "Choose recipe for assembly", but wood is not present.
Also while trying to deconstruct the already build greenhouse (with bio farm v0.2.0) I get a lau script error and the game crashes out to the menu.
The error message is "Error while running the event handler: __Bio_Farm__/control.lua:40:attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)"

In a Vanilla savegame the greenhouse works fine, the recipe selection GUI contains wood.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

jurrehart wrote:
So I tried Version 0.3.0 the power issue has gone away.

However in my savegame with bob's mods now when I click the greenhouse i get presented with a GUI window "Choose recipe for assembly", but wood is not present.
Also while trying to deconstruct the already build greenhouse (with bio farm v0.2.0) I get a lau script error and the game crashes out to the menu.
The error message is "Error while running the event handler: __Bio_Farm__/control.lua:40:attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)"

In a Vanilla savegame the greenhouse works fine, the recipe selection GUI contains wood.
Jurrehart, I would not use any mod in the "Work-In-Progress / Pre-Alpha Mods (0.12)" section with a live game...
There was a lot of code changes from 0.2.0 alpha to 0.3.0 initial release.
Give 0.4.0 a try.

jurrehart
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: MOD [0.12.11+] Bio-Farm 0.4.0 -- Another Tree Farm Mod

Post by jurrehart »

The 0.4.0 release now shows me the "Choose recipe for assembly" with a reduced number of recipes containing the 3 wood recipes (seedlings only , and the seedlings with sience packs) in the bob's mods savegame

I keep separate savegames for mods test plays & general play.
since I was trying out bob's and read you need lots of wood I tried bio farm mod also as the Treefarm mod was no longer working on 0.12.16, thus i don't mid screwing up a test savegam if something goes horribly wrong ;)

KNOWFEAR1337
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: MOD [0.12.11+] Bio-Farm 0.4.1 - Tree Farming Mod

Post by KNOWFEAR1337 »

Ok so i have V 0.4.1 and i swapped my farms over to use the science pack 2's and my whole factory died a couple nights later because i was out of power from lack of wood not letting my steam engines top up my power, is seems like the reached the end of the production cycle using up the packs and saplings but never produced any wood ?

Zerias
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zerias »

Having the same problem as KNOWFEAR, my guess it that we are both trying to use the green pack growth recipe, but it produces 100 wood at a time and wood only stacks to 50. Solutions are: artificially increase wood's stack size, OR cut the cost, time, and result in half [at minimum] to keep the wood/sec and packs/sec the same while only outputting 50 at a time. If red farming also has this problem, halving red and quartering green may be required, given that we already know Woodx25 already works fine.

KNOWFEAR1337
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by KNOWFEAR1337 »

Yes i am trying to use the green science pack with it and that could well be the cause of the issue, the author also wanted to find a way of making the recipes with the packs faster with crafting speed but instead could just change the length of time of the recipe itself and keeping the ratio's the same for saplings to wood output to keep it at 50 and just have less input ? or have a larger internal storage of the greenhouse somehow ? i would like to keep using this instead of the greenhouse mod that people are talking about as the graphics look like they had allot more time and effort than re-textured science labs, also the footprint + water need is a good triad off for basically free wood

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Guys,

Real Life has me tied down at the moment, but it sounds like I just need to up the Wood Stack size to fix this.
I'm out of the country for the next two weeks.

Runaurufu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Runaurufu »

I altered recipes in a way that science pack related ones require half of resources and produce 25 and 50 wood stack respectively.
Attachments
recipe.lua
just replace original recipe.lua with me :)
(1.66 KiB) Downloaded 522 times

BluBBa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BluBBa »

Thanks for making this mod! The Bio-Farms now serve as the backbone of my circuit factory.
There isn't really much to improve, it does exactly what it says + the textures look beautiful.

Maybe you could make the texture of an unpowered Bio-Farm to look darker (lights out), if this is possible.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [0.12.28+] Bio-Farm 0.4.2 - Tree Farming Mod

Post by TheSAguy »

Updated to Version 0.4.2.

Just changed the Stack Size of Raw Wood to 200.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

Just an idea but you could use actual fertilsers if your mod detects bobs mods installed (specifically bobs plates for the chemistry). Bobs doesn't have phosphorus but all the ingredients for ammonium nitrate are present which could be the 2nd tier fertiliser. First could be straight ammonia soil injection.
If you were feeling bold you could add potassium from salt electrolysis and go with that.

It'd just feel a little more realistic than sprinkling science packs on the plants.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Ratzap wrote:Just an idea but you could use actual fertilsers if your mod detects bobs mods installed (specifically bobs plates for the chemistry). Bobs doesn't have phosphorus but all the ingredients for ammonium nitrate are present which could be the 2nd tier fertiliser. First could be straight ammonia soil injection.
If you were feeling bold you could add potassium from salt electrolysis and go with that.

It'd just feel a little more realistic than sprinkling science packs on the plants.
True - My science packs was an easy way to get started.
Not sure if you ever played with the Treefarm mod by drs9999. It was the master tree farming mod!

I'll probably just pillage his fertilizer in an upcoming release so that it's not dependent on Bob's.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [0.12.28+] Bio-Farm 0.5.0 - Tree Farming Mod

Post by TheSAguy »

Updated to Version 0.5.0.

Research Graphic updated to 128 bit.
Recipe tweaks. You now only get 15 wood from water, 45 from science 1 and 100 from science 2. Forces you to feed those trees...

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

TheSAguy wrote:
Ratzap wrote:Just an idea but you could use actual fertilsers if your mod detects bobs mods installed (specifically bobs plates for the chemistry). Bobs doesn't have phosphorus but all the ingredients for ammonium nitrate are present which could be the 2nd tier fertiliser. First could be straight ammonia soil injection.

True - My science packs was an easy way to get started.
Not sure if you ever played with the Treefarm mod by drs9999. It was the master tree farming mod!

I'll probably just pillage his fertilizer in an upcoming release so that it's not dependent on Bob's.
Yes, I played a game with treefarm a while ago but it was pretty laggy scaled up. I'm not suggesting a Bobs dependancy, just if it's there use the processes already present.

gendalf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gendalf »

I have 1 farm - it shows twice in electricity consumption and once in electricity production (producing up to 100kw).. why?

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

gendalf wrote:I have 1 farm - it shows twice in electricity consumption and once in electricity production (producing up to 100kw).. why?
It should use twice the power consumption at night.
To do that, I put a solar panel inside it to produce some power during the day.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

TheSAguy wrote:
gendalf wrote:I have 1 farm - it shows twice in electricity consumption and once in electricity production (producing up to 100kw).. why?
It should use twice the power consumption at night.
To do that, I put a solar panel inside it to produce some power during the day.
Nothing like a good hack ;)

Return to “Mods”