How to: Turret Range Upgrades

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
BlacKcuD
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

How to: Turret Range Upgrades

Post by BlacKcuD »

Hi,

I am trying to create a technology which increases the range of Laser Turrets. Can anyone help me out with finding the correct types which I need to modify for gun turrets and laser turrets? I was searching through the wiki, but didn't find what I was looking for.

Code: Select all

{
  type = "technology",
  name = "laser-turret-range-1",
  icon = "__base__/graphics/technology/laser-turret-damage.png",
  effects =
  {
    {
      type = "???",
      What goes here?

}
  }
Modded Multiplayer Mega Bases Only!

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: How to: Turret Range Upgrades

Post by orzelek »

There is no possibility currently to create a technology modifying turret range (Among other things like armor, hp etc.).

Only way for now is to add more versions of the turret with better stats.

BlacKcuD
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BlacKcuD »

orzelek wrote:There is no possibility currently to create a technology modifying turret range (Among other things like armor, hp etc.).

OK, thank you. Why is that exactly? Are the values read only?
Modded Multiplayer Mega Bases Only!

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

BlacKcuD wrote:
orzelek wrote:There is no possibility currently to create a technology modifying turret range (Among other things like armor, hp etc.).

OK, thank you. Why is that exactly? Are the values read only?
All the entity prototypes are read-only.

Current upgrades like firing speed are specifically implemented as separate modifiers so we are only limited to whats available in terms of upgrades.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

There was a mod for alpha 0.11, by ThaPear, that allowed research to improve the range of Gun Turrets. So has something changed in alpha 0.12 to make that impossible which was possible in alpha 0.11?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Peter34 wrote:

There was a mod for alpha 0.11, by ThaPear, that allowed research to improve the range of Gun Turrets. So has something changed in alpha 0.12 to make that impossible which was possible in alpha 0.11?
I didn't see the mod in question but it was most likely done through turret variants and scripting - there is no official upgrade state for range.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

orzelek wrote:
Peter34 wrote:

I didn't see the mod in question but it was most likely done through turret variants and scripting - there is no official upgrade state for range.
No. The mod offered Techs that could be researched to upgrade the Range, Armour and Hit Points of existing turrets. I don't know how, but that's what the mod did.

And you did in fact see this mod, since you posted to the thread about it:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13020

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Peter34 wrote:
orzelek wrote:
Peter34 wrote:

No. The mod offered Techs that could be researched to upgrade the Range, Armour and Hit Points of existing turrets. I don't know how, but that's what the mod did.

And you did in fact see this mod, since you posted to the thread about it:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13020
You are correct :D
And mod in question is playing around with entity replacements to make the upgrades work.
There are no modifiers for those attributes implemented so thats the one of ways (other is having different turret Mk versions).

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

orzelek wrote:You are correct :D
And mod in question is playing around with entity replacements to make the upgrades work.
There are no modifiers for those attributes implemented so thats the one of ways (other is having different turret Mk versions).
So even in alpha 0.13, it's still not possible to mod in Gun Turret range upgrades (in a clean and simple way)?

Return to “Modding help”