Right click closes window/menu

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Wredi
Inserter
Inserter

Right click closes window/menu

Post by Wredi »

Hi factorio,

I tried yesterday the demo and was flashed by the great gameplay, the possibilities and the potential of this game. so I bought it today. Thumbs up for the team, you are doing great work here.

After all that flattery ;) I will get to business. One of the major flaws for me personally is the combination of mouse and keyboard controls. I guess that's some kind of necessary, but in my opinion it could be improved. Other games - like Caesar 3 (pretty old i know) - had a nice touch on that. They placed buildings with left click and closed windows menus and such with a right-click, which was easy to understand. There are several other commands which could be eased as well. Placing buldings with right click is somewhat (for me at least) strange in comparison to other games. 90°-Rotations are often done by rotating the mouse-wheel.

I have seen in the menu that I can alter the controls, but havent tried it yet. I guess I am just not a friend of keyboard commands. GUI is the best ;).

Regards,
Wredi

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Right click closes window/menu

Post by ficolas »

In my opinion I prefer to use the keyboard because if you have the hand in that zone of the keyboard it is faster, but I was like you not much time ago, I preferred to use the mouse rather than the keyboard, so I guess maybe an "x" to close could be good.

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Right click closes window/menu

Post by SilverWarior »

I also prefer placing/selceting buildings with left click and using right click for mining. So I have reconfigured the keys long ago.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”