[MOD 17.X] Compressed materials

Topics and discussion about specific mods
theradman221
Inserter
Inserter

[MOD 17.X] Compressed materials

Post by theradman221 »

I'm Back!
I was on vacation for a while but now i'm back! I finally updated the mod to .16. The mod portal is now updated to.
Many thanks to Nexela for helping with mod development!

This is a mod for those of you who would like to carry around 1000 iron plates. WELL NOW YOU CAN! With compressor you are able to craft compressed versions of, Iron, Copper, Coal, Stone, wood and more!
these turn 100 items into 1 item. Meaning if you carry around the full stack of 100 compressed items then you are really carrying around 10,000 items!

relsease 0.2.0 is OUT! Supports any mod ideally. mods.factorio.com has more information or the changelog has full changelog, this is now more for discussions rather than posts so future version will still be placed here but factorio mods will be main place to download from.
link
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/theradman221/compressor
also removing older version than 1.7 from downloads
also deleted old pics that are not current.
changelog
current version
compressor_0.2.4.zip
Most up to date. No new features just updated to .16
(447.96 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
pastversions
Last edited by theradman221 on Thu May 16, 2019 4:27 am, edited 29 times in total.

Xiupan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Compressed materials

Post by Xiupan »

Oooh, does this work for Assemblers? Or player inventory only?

theradman221
Inserter
Inserter

Post by theradman221 »

It should work in assemblers, i tested it to make sure, but i have done some changes in preparation for a release later this week so i don't know if the older version of the mod supports it.
But it should, if not later this week the next version should have support for assembling machines.

RosePieGraph
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by RosePieGraph »

Hi, I recently installed your mod and noticed that it made it so it started to consider circuits raw resources, meaning I could not craft anything that required them unless i had them in my inventory. If you could fix this as soon as you are able, or tell me a possible fix I could do myself, that would be fantastic.

Great mod though, I would love to see compressed solid fuel soon considering I have so much of it :D :D

theradman221
Inserter
Inserter

Post by theradman221 »

I am working on fixing that bug, also solid fuel is planned to be added in the next update.
i found the fix, if you go into recipes copy paste this into the bottom of the list. this is just if you don't want to wait for the next update.
this will be included in next update, basically i just reinstate the old recipe in the mod so that it can autocraft again.
{
type = "recipe",
name = "electronic-circuit",
ingredients =
{
{"iron-plate", 1},
{"copper-cable", 3}
},
result = "electronic-circuit"
},

Sander_Bouwhuis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD .12] Compressed materials

Post by Sander_Bouwhuis »

I'm not sure I understand this completely.

Are there now new items which represent 100 items? So, you can have 1 iron, or an item that is 100 iron in 1 item? So, if I put this in a chest, a chest can hold 100*100 items in one slot instead of 100 items per slot?
Can an inserter add/remove the '100 items in one' item out of the box and put it on a belt?

On another note, do you know how to change the stack size in inventories and chests? I would like stacks of iron plates (currently max 100 per slot) be 999 per slot. Can it be done? How?

theradman221
Inserter
Inserter

Post by theradman221 »

Sander_Bouwhuis wrote:I'm not sure I understand this completely.

Are there now new items which represent 100 items? So, you can have 1 iron, or an item that is 100 iron in 1 item? So, if I put this in a chest, a chest can hold 100*100 items in one slot instead of 100 items per slot?
Can an inserter add/remove the '100 items in one' item out of the box and put it on a belt?

On another note, do you know how to change the stack size in inventories and chests? I would like stacks of iron plates (currently max 100 per slot) be 999 per slot. Can it be done? How?
Answers
1 Yes
2 You can have 1 iron or 100 iron item, that can be autocrafted back to 100 iron
3 yes
4 yes all items should work with inserters and belts.
5 there are mods change stack sizes. IF you can't find one you could probably make a new item with the same name as the old one, same pic ect... But just have stack_size = x, instead of 100 or whatever the default value is. This is becuase factorio will use most modded recipes/items before ingame ones. This is why you can have a mod add inventory space even though default is still smaller, becuase it uses mods values.

Sander_Bouwhuis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Thanks for the info!

I disabled your mod because I can't make a lot of things anymore 'by hand'. After disabling your mod I can make them again.

theradman221
Inserter
Inserter

Post by theradman221 »

Sander_Bouwhuis wrote:Thanks for the info!

I disabled your mod because I can't make a lot of things anymore 'by hand'. After disabling your mod I can make them again.
I know, i have been trying to fix that but i have had some problems.

Sander_Bouwhuis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD_.12.X] Compressed materials

I found a way to get this to work!

You can simply change the 'stack_size' parameters of the items. No need for complex mods or anything. I changed all the 'stack_size' parameters to 1000. Now my inventory looks clean again.

PS
You can create everything by hand if you use the above technique.

theradman221
Inserter
Inserter

Post by theradman221 »

Sander_Bouwhuis wrote:I found a way to get this to work!

You can simply change the 'stack_size' parameters of the items. No need for complex mods or anything. I changed all the 'stack_size' parameters to 1000. Now my inventory looks clean again.

PS
You can create everything by hand if you use the above technique.
nice, i am still going to be developing the mod, i plan on eventually adding a machine or some other process to fix the electronic circuits and other intermediate products. I am still going to add most if not all of the rest of the items in the game, then probably just make all of the intermediate products take a little bit of electricity. For now i am using research to seperate intermediates and other recipes that break autocrafting from ones that don't.

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedar »

Thank you for the mod. It is wery useful to pack ore after mining, and then load ore pakcs in the trains. :)

btw, i think need a diferent sientifick branch with diferent value of compression rate.

theradman221
Inserter
Inserter

Post by theradman221 »

thanks for saying so, i do plan on completely redoing the technology once more recipes are in

tommygunner70
Inserter
Inserter

Post by tommygunner70 »

found a bug with the mod.

If you have this mod loaded when you create a new game, you will be unable to create Green electronic circuits, even turning off the mod doesn't seem to fix the issue.
however if you start a map without it active, save and then activate it, everything is fine.

might want to look into this as its kind of annoying to go through this process to get a game going while wanting to use your mod.

RektSalad69
Inserter
Inserter

Post by RektSalad69 »

Is there no compressed plastic? I can not for the life of me find it.
I'll stick to putting it in warehouses for now I guess
btw http://imgur.com/ZdOzejm

theradman221
Inserter
Inserter

Post by theradman221 »

tommygunner70 wrote:found a bug with the mod.

If you have this mod loaded when you create a new game, you will be unable to create Green electronic circuits, even turning off the mod doesn't seem to fix the issue.
however if you start a map without it active, save and then activate it, everything is fine.

might want to look into this as its kind of annoying to go through this process to get a game going while wanting to use your mod.
i know what causes it and have fixed it, there was a WIP recipe that was enabled, .5 should be out soon and it will be fixed in that.

theradman221
Inserter
Inserter

Post by theradman221 »

RektSalad69 wrote:Is there no compressed plastic? I can not for the life of me find it.
I'll stick to putting it in warehouses for now I guess
btw http://imgur.com/ZdOzejm
currently there is not, btw love the pic, it is planned for the next update.

Factorio2016
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Factorio2016 »

why the RAR archive?
English is not my native language. Translator.

theradman221
Inserter
Inserter

Post by theradman221 »

the rar archive is because i have had some problems uploading it as a regular folder.

tommygunner70
Inserter
Inserter

Post by tommygunner70 »

theradman221 wrote:the rar archive is because i have had some problems uploading it as a regular folder.
if you use Winrar, on creating an archive out of the folder, select 'zip' on the archive format. Factorio can read mods straight from the zip archive removing the need to to extract the archive. allows straight to mod folder download.

Return to “Mods”