How do I take the green wires off the smart chests?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Mauslag PIngman
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

How do I take the green wires off the smart chests?

Post by Mauslag PIngman »

I want to take down all the green wires that I strung. The main problem is that I hooked up chests to other chests to other chests with green wires and I want to take those down without picking up the chests because they are full of items. Nothing I do takes the wires off these chests. There must be some way. Seems like yesterday I could shift + click on something and the red or green wires would be taken off but that doesn't work today. I didn't change anything in key bindings.

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: How do I take the green wires off the smart chests?

Post by ratchetfreak »

draw the green wire connection again.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

to remove the wire. click with the green wire in hand on one of the connected chests and then click on the chest connected by the wire. it will remove the wire connection. to then disconnect the first chest just put the wire away

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

You could also replace them with steel chests and then back to smart chests.

Mauslag PIngman
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mauslag PIngman »

Okay. That did it. That was perfect because it is very quick to lay down steel chests on top of smart chests and then put the smart chests back and I don't think you lose any chests in the deal or any of the contents. Problem seems to be solved thanks to you guys.

I have a roboport and a handful of logistical robots. What does the highlighted yellow area mean when I mouse over the roboport as opposed to the highlighted green area? And what is a good way to learn how to use this stuff step by step. I have a lot of things researched and it seems like I should be learning in a certain order. Because I'm in peaceful mode I had no trouble setting up huge mining operations and keeping them running. I have tons of resources, chests full of gears and other chests full of wires and even circuit boards and my conveyor belts are full of stuff. I thought the best thing would be to lay out the green wires and figure out this logistical stuff but its very confusing to me even though it seems like it shouldn't be. Watching youtube instructionals usually creates more questions.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

the yellow area around roboports is the logistics zone and is the space where logistics robobots/chests will function. it also is the area that visually indicates how far away the roboports can be and still connect. the green area is the construction zone and will allow constructions bots to work with blueprints/deconstruction planner and the construction bots will repair anything inside the green area. there isnt any real order to learning most of the stuff.

Return to “Gameplay Help”