Add statistics

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Ardagan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Add statistics

Post by Ardagan »

Hi,

Is it possible to just create a set of counters, methods of aggregation and set of tools to display that information. This can be split into multiple research technologies.

What I want:
1) list of electricity/production networks (if we can group those up)
2) list of current energy output/total energy output/energy output by type of source/accumulator capacity/energy in accumulators. That's primary I want to have as most of defense are energy consuming.
3) if possible: amount of items in crates (per type: receiver/provider/etc), amount of items consumed from crates.
4) amount of energy consumed by cunsomer type.
5) Option to create own graphs/sets of graphs. Should be saved per user and can be used in multiple games.
6) option to share your graphs sets with other users.
7) amount of creeps killed by type/amount of shots used for each enemy/energy consumed for each enemy.

What will it give:
This game seems to be the supply-chain building. To effectively manage and support it, we want to predict some values.
a)Like I had my base half-wiped because I ran out of accumulator capacity once when adding new production chain. If I could predict amount of capacity needed, I could avoid it.
b)I regularly have to run rather far away to check if I produce enough ore/some resource when I see that some factory on the other side of map is starving. I would like to: a) predict that will happen. So I need resource production info. b) have a flag to get this information not running all the way to factory.
c) If add battle units to game then amount of units killed/produced/existing so that I can estimate if production speed is enough.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Add statistics

Post by kovarex »

Sorry if I'm saying something obvious to you, but do you know that right clicking on power pole gives you energy statistics and "p" gives you production statistics?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Hm. You can make a deep look into the keyboard options to find more such things. Also a good tip is to dive into the news board and read all the changes.
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

Sorry, but there is currently no other way around learning it like this. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

ssilk wrote:Sorry, but there is currently no other way around learning it like this. :)
There is, tips and tricks is enough for most of the basics.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

I am confused.
This suggestion appears to be a follow-up to
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 64&p=13266

Yet it does not adress the original topic at all..

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”