[0.12.26] [kovarex] Controls Screen in Windowed Mode cuts off

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
NakeaAralei
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.12.26] [kovarex] Controls Screen in Windowed Mode cuts off

Post by NakeaAralei »

I'm on Windows 10, screen resolution is 1920 x 1080. Starting the game up normally the first time in windowed mode and going to the Controls window, the top and bottom are cut off of the options and I can't see or interact with them. Screenshot attached.
Attachments
FactorioControlsScreen.png
FactorioControlsScreen.png (919.84 KiB) Viewed 2386 times

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Controls Screen in Windowed Mode cuts off

Post by Koub »

Have you changed your UI scale or something ? Cause hat's what I have when I set it to like 200% (in graphics options).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Controls Screen in Windowed Mode cuts off

Post by daniel34 »

The reason is that the default setting for the UI scale is System default.
On a system with this setting set to higher values than default Factorio will default to that higher setting but still launch in only 1280x720, thereby cutting off some part of that dialog window.

The same happens on my ultrabook with a FullHD 13" display and a system setting of 125%, which was already set by the manufacturer (or windows?) and is perfect to work with in other applications.

The simple solution for the user is to just maximise the window or first change the UI scale setting in the Graphics options.

The solution already used in the Graphics dialog is to add a scrollbar (or change the layout to add a 5th tab).
Another solution would be to launch Factorio so that the complete dialog can be shown, either by resizing the window to make it larger, or by lowering the UI scale. Although that dialog already doesn't fit on the screen with 1280x720 on 100% scale.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.26] [kovarex] Controls Screen in Windowed Mode cuts off

Post by kovarex »

Thank you for the report, I fixed it for 0.12.28 by making the window scrollable when needed.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”