Mod Version: 4.0103.17
Mod Stage: Beta
Factorio Version: 0.17.x
Tested With Version: 0.17.79
Dependencies: Base, FactorioExtended-Core
Contributors:
GitHub: NathGamer GitHub
Licence: CC BY-NC 4.0
Description: Adds more tiers of items and research to the game.
Factrio Extended 0.4.1 now here!

News/Announcements:
There is a FAQ section below, please look there before asking any questions.

Please Backup Your Game Before Updating To A New Version.

March 19, 2020 - Sorry for the long wait! I am working on a new update and the Core & Transport modules are already released on the official Factorio Mod page. If you have any issues please email me at nathgamer.mail@gmail.com to get help the fastest!

Old News and Announcements

Contact Me:
Email Address: nathgamer.mail@gmail.com
Please use the following Subject lines in you email to allow proper attention to your issue/suggestion.

[Bug Report] = You found a bug and wish to report it so it can be fixed in a later patch.
[Mod Balance Request] = You feel something in the mod is over/under powered and wish for it to be changed.
[Feature Request] = You wish to ask for a feature to be added to the mod(This is my choice in the end).
[Mod Question] = You are confused about something in the mod and need an answer.

Or

Twitter
Long Description
Licence
Implemented Items
Implemented Technologies
COMING SOON
Change Log for 0.3.1
Known Bugs - NONE
FAQ
Version History
Last edited by NathGamer on Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:07 am, edited 246 times in total.

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

[MOD 0.12.x]Factorio Basics 0.0.1

Post by NathGamer »

Factorio Basics

Factorio Version: 0.12.x
Mod Version: 0.0.1
Dependencies: None
Description: Just adds more tiers of items to the game.

Some Recipes May Change!
Change Log
Last edited by NathGamer on Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lurkily
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x]Factorio Basics 0.0.3

Post by Lurkily »

Haven't tried this yet, but Mk I usually refers to the original - shouldn't it be Mk 2/Mk 3?

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x]Factorio Basics 0.0.3

Post by NathGamer »

Lurkily wrote:Haven't tried this yet, but Mk I usually refers to the original - shouldn't it be Mk 2/Mk 3?
Thanks for that haha. In the mod it is Mk II and Mk III I just messed it up on the forum. I will change that right away. Thank you.

oresKa2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x]Factorio Extended 0.0.5

Post by oresKa2 »

Questions.
How much better are all tiers in comparison to the original?
Cause i use bob's and until these are better or good alternative's i might use it.
But looks like a nice concept.

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x]Factorio Extended 0.0.5

Post by NathGamer »

oresKa2 wrote:Questions.
How much better are all tiers in comparison to the original?
Cause i use bob's and until these are better or good alternative's i might use it.
But looks like a nice concept.
Hi oresKa2, I have added the vanilla items to the Implemented Items tab so people can compare the difference right there. I am not sure if this is better than bobs mods but I have recently just started modding in Factorio and I have a lot to add to this mod before I will call it quits. I used to mod in Minecraft but my knowledge of Java was not as good as it should have been. I hope this helps you if you have any other questions/suggestions please let me know.

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x]Factorio Extended 0.0.9

Post by Xterminator »

Very nice mod. I have been wanting something like this for a long time that just expands upon the vanilla items rather than having to get like Bob's of Dytech just to get some upgrade belts/robots etc. The graphics also look quite nice. :D

I'm definitely gonna do a Mod Spotlight on this one as I think it needs more attention and will be really useful for a lot of people, especially once you expand upon it even further.

Keep up the good work mate!
Image Image Image

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NathGamer »

Xterminator wrote:Very nice mod. I have been wanting something like this for a long time that just expands upon the vanilla items rather than having to get like Bob's of Dytech just to get some upgrade belts/robots etc. The graphics also look quite nice. :D

I'm definitely gonna do a Mod Spotlight on this one as I think it needs more attention and will be really useful for a lot of people, especially once you expand upon it even further.

Keep up the good work mate!
Thank you I that's exactly why I decided to make this mod. Thanks for saying this it really makes me want to keep working on it. As well I would totally appreciate a mod spotlight bit maybe after I release the next version I am changing just a few things to make it more balanced so a few recipes and what not will be changing.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I can't see the screenshots from gallery, fix it please
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

fredcop
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x]Factorio Extended 0.1.1

Post by fredcop »

How do you make titanium ore? Can't find anything that produces it, and can't be hand-made. The recipe says "Made in:" and then blank.

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NathGamer »

fredcop wrote:How do you make titanium ore? Can't find anything that produces it, and can't be hand-made. The recipe says "Made in:" and then blank.
Hi fredcop,

Thank you for pointing this out I didn't notice. Here is a fix download this file and replace the recipes.lua file in the FactorioBasics-Core_0.1.1.zip/prototypes/recipes folder.

If the recipe doesn't change from that let me know I will also fix the main file so anyone else who downloads it doesn't have this problem.

EDIT: If the recipe doesn't change press the ~ key to open the console and use this command. All it does is reload the recipes not a cheat.

Code: Select all

/c for i, player in ipairs(game.players) do player.force.reset_recipes() end
Attachments
recipes.lua
(599 Bytes) Downloaded 402 times
Last edited by NathGamer on Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

You may have to do a console command to reload the recipes to Show Ingame.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

This looks great. I been wanting a mod that extends the gameplay. Though I also want one that can only be used pretty much after the main gameplay is sort of finished. Like one big ass research to finish unlocking a while set of new tools to keep going. Maybe like send a rocket into space 10 times and then unlock new tech because of lets say idk some sort of research mission in space.

I hope you also don't end up modify the base game like the other 10 messy mods out there.

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NathGamer »

Kane wrote:This looks great. I been wanting a mod that extends the gameplay. Though I also want one that can only be used pretty much after the main gameplay is sort of finished. Like one big ass research to finish unlocking a while set of new tools to keep going. Maybe like send a rocket into space 10 times and then unlock new tech because of lets say idk some sort of research mission in space.

I hope you also don't end up modify the base game like the other 10 messy mods out there.
I may do something like a hardcore mode. As well I don't modify any core game features it is just adding to the game.

Marsbar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Marsbar »

This mod is awesome! Especially the power distribution and logistics. Talk about a difference.

One thing that I've noticed is that recovering a Medium Electric Pole Mk3 seems to gives a basic Medium Electric Pole. Is this an intended mechanic?

tetkris
Inserter
Inserter

Post by tetkris »

very good mod , but i miss for better tanks :(

tetkris
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x]Factorio Extended 0.1.3

Post by tetkris »

thank you for new version , but medium elctric pole mk 3 and substation mk 2 have the same suply area , hm ? medium electric pole mk 3 is cheaper and have longer wire reach :D One advantage substation mk2 is 2 times more hp :D

Mythbrion
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mythbrion »

This mod is amazing and exactly what I was looking for.
Couple of notes, the research costs of some things are actually lower than the costs of the previous tiers.
I feel they are a bit low in general given how much improved they are.
The crafting time for the mk2/mk3 items is very very fast, which while handy, feels a bit off.
Love this mod, looking forward to the additions!

Thank you!

hooligan960
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by hooligan960 »

so i'm enjoying the mod I am wanting to know where I download the rest of the mod, to enjoy the hole experience of the mod.

libajto
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by libajto »

The prerequisite of mechanical engineer 2 is itself.
I have tried to change the code with the one provided but alas.

prerequisites = {"mechanical-engineer-2"},

type = "technology",
name = "mechanical-engineer-2",
icon = "__FactorioBasics-Core__/graphics/technology/mechanical-engineer-1.png",
icon_size = 64,
prerequisites = {"mechanical-engineer-2"},

I have tried to replace "mechanical-engineer-2" with "mechanical-engineer-1" but that did not work.

Return to “Mods”