Change ammo behavior re: quickbar

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Targa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Change ammo behavior re: quickbar

Post by Targa »

One of the things about this game I find quite annoying:

I'll use the middle mouse button to reserve a place on my quickbar for piercing rounds. I'll put 100 of them on the quickbar. I'll place a turret, press the corresponding number key to place the ammo in my hand, drop the ammo in the turret, use the right mouse button to pick the turret back up....andddd... the ammo goes into my inventory instead of back onto the quickbar. Now I have to open my inventory screen and drag it back to the quickbar. Quite annoying.

What usually happens is that I'll put ammo on my quickbar, and also have a bunch in my inventory. I have quickbar slots reserved for Turrets, Ammo, and Repair Kits (#1, 2, 3). Go near an alien spawning nest(s), press 1 to grab a turret and drop it, press 2 to grab ammo and insert it into the turret, rinse and repeat for several turrets, then pick them all back up. When ammo starts getting low (so the quickbar ammo slot empties), whenever I pick the turrets up the ammo goes into inventory, defeating the purpose of my setup.

Change request: Items "reserved" on the quickbar through middle-mouse, when picked up by the player, should fill the quickbar FIRST, then go to inventory once the maximum amount is in the quickbar slot.

It would also be nice to have an option to disable the auto-filling of the player's weapon. If I have 100 rounds in my submachine gun, and split it with a turret, when I pick the turret back up the ammo goes back into my submachine gun, which I just took it out of!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Change ammo behavior re: quickbar

Post by ssilk »

All I can say to that is, that I don't have such problems, cause I don't do the things like so. :)
But that is a comment of a player, which has played hundreds (thousands?) of hours. There are several similar issues from many other players, all around the quickbar, so I believe, that this is really an issue and needs some tweaking.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Targa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Targa »

I also should note (since you state you do things differently and it's never been an issue), that I was watching a Let's Play video series on YouTube and the narrator also complained about how he "hates the fact that the ammo doesn't go to my quickbar". So I'm not the only one.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

It would be nice if there was a way to tell the game you want your toolbelt, weapon ammo slots, inventory, ... works depending on the type ot object (machine, ammo, intermediary product, basic materials, vehicles, ...).
I also strongly dislike some of the ways this par works, and I guess everyone has his own preferences.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

@Targa: So, that's the point: The ammo stack is also just a "quickbar stack". You can just half the items inside that to put it into a turret. Nothing needs to go back.
And I really like, that the ammo-stacks are refilled automatically.

What I want to say: There is a lot of unknown features with these stacks. :)

Targa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Targa »

ssilk wrote:@Targa: So, that's the point: The ammo stack is also just a "quickbar stack". You can just half the items inside that to put it into a turret. Nothing needs to go back.
You can't half the items if you're using the numerical keys to access quickbar items.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

If you pick up a stack by pressing a number it's in your "hands stack". Not longer in the quickbar!

As said, there is a lot of surprise and I can understand, that this is a problem, cause nothing is explained here. I want to make a list of similar suggestion, but the subject is really difficult, cause I find too much threads (search alone for quickbar or toolbelt givea 26 matches search.php?keywords=quickbar+toolbelt&t ... mit=Search ) and need to read a lot. If someone like to do that, he is welcome. :)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”