[MOD 0.12.x] Landfill (2.1.7)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
self-same-spot
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Landfill (2.1.7)

Post by self-same-spot »

Last edited by self-same-spot on Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

Being any number of tiles away was kinda the point. You always are limited by creating a landtype that is somewhat nearby, but you get your choice of whichever one you want. Whatever you are standing on is your choice. As for the player placed things (stone/concrete floors?) arent those not real tiles but additions on top of the tile? because the landtype is still there when you remove them.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

seronis wrote:Being any number of tiles away was kinda the point. You always are limited by creating a landtype that is somewhat nearby, but you get your choice of whichever one you want. Whatever you are standing on is your choice. As for the player placed things (stone/concrete floors?) arent those not real tiles but additions on top of the tile? because the landtype is still there when you remove them.
Concrete/stone paths are tiles just like grass and water. The game just remembers what was under them when they where put down so it can restore them when you pick them up.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

NapsterAT
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by NapsterAT »

The Explosion sound of the bomb is way to loud if i compare it to a nade . i was so scared by testing this near that i got a heartattack. ( i saw someone other mentioned that already it has nothing to do with the volume the sound is just to loud )

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

NapsterAT wrote:The Explosion sound of the bomb is way to loud if i compare it to a nade . i was so scared by testing this near that i got a heartattack. ( i saw someone other mentioned that already it has nothing to do with the volume the sound is just to loud )
The volume is the same as the base-game grenade sound. There are just simply more of them so more of the same sound at once means a louder sound is played.

That particular issue has been fixed in Factorio 0.13 but that isn't out yet :)

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

Could you update it so that you can use landfills on the green water sources too?

tincopper2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tincopper2 »

Is there anyway you can make it so the game lets you place concrete wherever, and it acts like a landfill?

FirroSeranel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by FirroSeranel »

I'd like to request an easier/better way to create water.

There's no mod that does this well. Yours is just about the only one that does it at all, but it can't cut off land bridges, because it creates a thin border of land around the water. It also destroys a huge radius.

The bomb is really -cool-, and could still maybe be the best/only way to create water where there was none to begin with... but cutting off a land bridge simply shouldn't be as hard as it is. In real life, you could do it with a shovel. And considering one of the first technologies you get in Factorio, indeed one you start out with even in vanilla, is a machine that digs for you... <.< I mean...

Anyway, this would be a very nice feature, especially since sometimes I make a mistake with my landfill tiles, and create a bridge I didn't mean to, and... that's that. It's permanent. No way to get rid of it, ever. :(

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

You can edit the config to do what you ask (prevent the extra land being created). Instructions are listed multiple times throughout the comments.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

FirroSeranel wrote:I'd like to request an easier/better way to create water.

There's no mod that does this well. Yours is just about the only one that does it at all, but it can't cut off land bridges, because it creates a thin border of land around the water. It also destroys a huge radius.

The bomb is really -cool-, and could still maybe be the best/only way to create water where there was none to begin with... but cutting off a land bridge simply shouldn't be as hard as it is. In real life, you could do it with a shovel. And considering one of the first technologies you get in Factorio, indeed one you start out with even in vanilla, is a machine that digs for you... <.< I mean...

Anyway, this would be a very nice feature, especially since sometimes I make a mistake with my landfill tiles, and create a bridge I didn't mean to, and... that's that. It's permanent. No way to get rid of it, ever. :(
That's the whole point. It's not meant to be a cheesy way to avoid fighting biters. If you don't want to fight the biters just turn them off (or enable peaceful mode).

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

Its not cheesey and since this is your mod I dont see why you keep mentioning that point. This has a cost you pay to gain the benefit. While some people want this mod just to get rid of water, id be willing to guess that out of the players who want it for the purpose of creating water, 95% or more want to be able to create moats or non ugly bodies of water.

But its next to zero effort to change one boolean toggle in the script. Idealy that toggle should be mentioned in the first post instead of needing to be brought up repeatedly in comments.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

No, he's right. The Landfill mod has a very bad reputation, because many people who don't know any better are assuming that it can be put to cheesy uses such as creating mods that are impassable for the aliens.

It's sadly necessary for Rseding to keep harping on how his mod isn't cheesy, to counter the widespread mis-assumption.

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

Never said his mod is cheesey. I said that the ability to make moats is ALSO not cheesey because its an ability you gain by paying a cost. he doent need to defend anything. He needs to stop insulting it himself.

Irunfold
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Irunfold »

How is this mod still not integrated in the base mod of the game ?
Seriously, this or a bridge should be added.

Nebbeh
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nebbeh »

I installed the mod, but when I try to start the game I get:

Error in assignID, entity with name 'huge-explosion' does not exist.

Mod to old or did I do something wrong?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Nebbeh wrote:I installed the mod, but when I try to start the game I get:

Did you download the mod off the first post and are you using 0.12.29 or 0.12.30?

Roktaal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Roktaal »

Rseding91 wrote:
Nebbeh wrote:I installed the mod, but when I try to start the game I get:

Your game version is old. Update your game client and it will be fine

Nebbeh
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nebbeh »

I am running trough steam, wouldnt steam update it automaticly?

Roktaal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Roktaal »

Start Factorio and click on About. What does it say for version?

Nebbeh
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nebbeh »

Version: 0.12.29

Return to “Mods”