User icons

Things that are not directly connected with Factorio.
FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

User icons

Post by FreeER »

Anyone else notice that we still have filter inserter icons when they've been removed from the game? Also, 1000 posts takes a long time to reach :)

And last, and least, anyone else remember this from indiegogo page (I'd went and looked at it recently) "bronze badge on the forum", "silver badge on the forum". I can't say I've seen any of these :)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: User icons

Post by ssilk »

FreeER wrote:Anyone else notice that we still have filter inserter icons when they've been removed from the game?
Hm. I think It's not that easy to change that. I think, you need to go into database and change stuff by hand. But, well, the excuse, which really counts is: if it would be my forum, then I would change it, when I have a new design. In other words: if I have a new logo and a design, which matches the feeling better than yet.
Also, 1000 posts takes a long time to reach :)
Not really important in my opinion. :)
And last, and least, anyone else remember this from indiegogo page (I'd went and looked at it recently) "bronze badge on the forum", "silver badge on the forum". I can't say I've seen any of these :)
I wouldn't do that, more classes, more hassle about nothing. Such stuff is only good to let us do things, that we don't like. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Changing the icons is no work. 10 minutes to create the pictures, 10 minutes to implement them.

The badges... If they were promised in the indigogo campaign, then they should be implemented. Don't know about how much work that would be, through.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Badges and the developement polls (extra polls), we had so much other work we didn't find time to do this, but we should do it soon (along the new forum graphics).

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

The rank icon would be like 2 minutes to 'change' provided another image was ready. Badges would be a bit more involved as phpbb does not support them by default. But phpbb has an extensive modding community. I just did a quick search for a badge mod and the relatively short search yielded no results. So I'm guessing one may not exist.

Though personally I don't know that I would classify that as a priority in any way given that the forum is merely a discussion aspect of the game, not the game itself. I'd personally rather see them focus on the game than worrying about the forum lol.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Admins have the "Factorio Staff" title and the pink alien pack. I think it would be possible to create another group without any group rights and use this "field" for the badges.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

I wanna be an smart inserter :D
is the smart inserter with the 1000th post? Im 14 posts far from it :3

Also the badges dont necesarily need to be a "badges" mod, just something under the photo or under the rank with a badgd and some text. Im sure there is a mod for that because I have seen phpbb forums with similar things

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

ficolas wrote:I wanna be an smart inserter :D
is the smart inserter with the 1000th post? Im 14 posts far from it :3
I think so. I've found it curiously entrancing as I approach the new 'ranks' lol. And it felt like I shot through to the fast inserter then it slowed a bit (probably more because i wasn't posting...) then it's 500 posts (I think) from filter to smart. :)
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

Return to “Off topic”