Easy Access Logistic Network Chest

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Necroniser
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Easy Access Logistic Network Chest

Post by Necroniser »

It would be very handy to have another logistics chest that was a sort of interaction interface for the whole network. It would be like a requester chest on the one side, but on the other it would have the list of what is available in the logistics network just like in the bottom right GUI when you mouse over any logistics chest or roboport, and allow you to easily drag items from the list side to the chest side and it might grey out for a bit while the logistics robots got it from storage and brought it to you. In theory it would make it much easier to just ask for a couple of a certain item instead of having to put in the whole stack default in your player logistics panel and have it continuously brought to you until you remove it.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Easy Access Logistic Network Chest

Post by ssilk »

Do you mean something like a "one time request"?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Something like "I want XXX belts", and once the belts have been delivered, the request disappears.
Like a one-time logistic slot.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Necroniser
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Necroniser »

Yeah that's essentially what i mean, and having a list of what you have in the network next to it or easily available on person or chest would be very handy. It's rather annoying to only be able to ask for the items unlimitedly and then forget to remove it before using it so that the robots dont continue to give you more.

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

Putting some thought into it... Wouldn't it be a more interesting idea to somehow implement circuit logic into the requester chest so that you can manipulate the requests with a circuit network signal?

Like if there is a signal "Iron Plates: 1000" the chest then sends a request for 1000 Iron Plates to the Logistic Network.

With that approach you could get the job done as well. Once the 1000 Plates arrive the Requester Chest contents can be used as feedback to disable the Circuit Network signal setting the request.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”