[MODS 0.10.x] Various Mods by FreeER

Topics and discussion about specific mods
FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[MODS 0.10.x] Various Mods by FreeER

Post by FreeER »

I thought about making several topics for each of these BUT they are all relatively small so...
I also thought about posting some images, but they really wouldn't SHOW anything...If you can get a good picture that shows the point of these mods post a link below and I'll put it here with your name underneath it (if I don't already have a few up). OR if you want to make some better images, feel free! Mine are terrible I know ;)

so The MODS (also available through my github repos)
Modpack of Blast Mining, Cloning, DNA, Ilbike, Poison Ammo, and Mind Control for easy download..

DNA - 0.2 - Intended to complement Blast Mining, Cloning, and Mind Control (could also be used by other mods quite easily).
Blast Mining - 1.4 - adds dynamite to Factorio so that you can quickly and easy pick up those last few spots of ore (should be compatible with all ores added by other mods or in the future).
Cloning - 1.4 - adds the ability to build cloning tanks, when you die you will respawn to the first placed cloning tank, cloning tanks require maintenance to continue running (power + liquid dna if it exists) and produce waste which needs to be handled.
Ilbike mod -1.4 - Mod asked for by Ilnor, adds a bike that you can get before the car. It also adds a hover bike that lets you cross water/trees etc. (poor graphics)
Mind Control 1.4 - adds a beacon that acts like a radar, oh right, it also switches a random (10%-33%) number of biters within an area of 10 to be allies (once they leave the area of influence they revert to their normal destructive natures however), biters 'surrender' occasionally when a hive is destroyed (it will respawn as player force and nearby enemies will become allies), beacons withing a range of 30 from a hive/base can 'control' the base and new biters (and existing in a 10 area) will be friendly. (weird graphic due to animation lol)
Poison Ammo - 0.2 - Adds some basic poison ammo, and some tech to unlock them. Crafted by combining the base ammo with a poison capsule. OP? Let me know. The most likely is the rocket...

--Purely Proof of Concept mods
Basic Flame Thrower Turret - I think you can guess...mostly uses base graphics.
Achievements - Adds a few (~12) achievements to the game, I don't feel like listing them all here so just check the script-locale/en.cfg file in a text editor.
Ilness BROKEN due to lack of mod access to modular armor inventory- Adds a few random illnesses to the player (bleeding, broken legs which slow the player, and broken arms which slow manual mining). I'd intended to increase the chance of these when the player takes damage but since it's proof of concept I decided to forgo the extra coding to store player health and check if it'd been decreased. Also don't ask why it's called illness instead of something logical like diseases (I'm honestly not sure :P)

--Requested mods
Practically Infinite Resources - Makes all resources infinite, if used with an already started map stand near resources and use remote.call("infinite", "scan") in the console (~ or /) to convert them. This can not be reverted (to make it possible I'd have to keep a table of each entity and their old resource amount..doesn't seem worth it.)
Drills Anywhere - Allows you to place drills even if there is no ore
Other Features and Bugs for Drills Anywhere
/dev/null - adds a chest which destroys items placed in it:
with Tech (recipe = 5 steel, 2 explosives)
No tech (recipe = 5 iron plates), just rename to devnull.zip instead of devnull-cheap.zip (or extract it) :)
Expensive Sciencepacks a quick mod that makes all science packs 100x more expensive :twisted: for those who want a massive base, but only if it serves a purpose
info for expensive sciencepacks
There may be a few non-crippling bugs (like the graphics in Ilbike and Mind Control), or balancing issues. When you find them let me know!
Known Bugs
Thanks to slpwnd and kovarex for helping with some of the initial version of these mods, also thanks to Ficolas (I got a good bit of experience helping with the early versions of F-mod)
ALSO, thanks to all of the other members of the Factorio Development team! Without you I may not have even started modding :)
PS if anyone has better graphics send them to me :) I'll replace what's in the mod(s) and place your name here.
old versions
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MODS 0.7.4] Various Mods by FreeER

Post by ficolas »

Code: Select all

glob.clone.release = true
glob.clone is not initialiced
and same happends with mind control

glob.beacon.release = true
beacon is not initialiced either

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

ficolas wrote:[paraphrasing] I found some silly bugs (mod-crippling :D), why didn't you find them ? [/paraphrasing]
But of course, because I tried to change those two at the last moment (I thought 'will using glob.release in both mods possibly cause a conflict if someone wanted to enable free stuff?' I wasn't sure so I modified and uploaded) :oops:

Anyways, fixed now!
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- Wiki Modding Guide

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

Also the mind controll works without energy, you may want to check if the entity has energy before mindcontrolling :0

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Yep noticed and fixed that while fixing the release bug :lol: Dropbox should have updated the links by now :)
edit: Also just noticed the lack of locales (en) lol, I fixed that and updated dropbox
if anyone takes to time to create other locales post them here and I'll include them with the mod(s) (and your name in the thanks section of the OP)
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- Wiki Modding Guide

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

updated blast mining to 1.2 with more explosive stuff (and pollution)
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- Wiki Modding Guide

Beologe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Beologe »

Hello, i'm just new to the forum and I have to say: You Sir, are awesome. I love the Mindcontroll thingys, reminds me a lot of the C&C Games with Yuri.
Maybe there is a way to make Flamthrow towers and Tesla towers? :o The Bikes are awesome too.
I didn't tested the rest so no comment on that :D
Needed a second FreePlay Map just because of some awesome mods that are not updated.
Can't wait to play the one with the Mindcontroll Tower :D
Have a nice day and Thank you,

Beo

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Beologe wrote:[...]I love the Mindcontroll thingys, reminds me a lot of the C&C Games with Yuri.
Maybe there is a way to make Flamthrow towers and Tesla towers? :o The Bikes are awesome too.[...]
ah C&C, those were fun :) I'd actually forgotton about Yuri lol. the towers have been mentioned before but I haven't really looked into making them, yet. Regardless you are welcome, and thank you for enjoying them (at least some of them lol) :D

edit: Flamethrower=possible :D and effective as well :!: just, uh, don't get in the way lol
tesla...I think that would be harder. Not to mention require some graphics which I'm sure I can't do :)
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- Wiki Modding Guide

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

added a flame thrower turret...from playing around I think a decent artillery gun could be made lol.
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- Wiki Modding Guide

Beologe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Beologe »

wow seems awesome :o but I can'T activate the flame thrower mod say
Path__flame-thrower-turrets__♀lame-thrower-turret.png not matching the resource path pattern: __source__/path
hope you know what to do with that ^^ and thanks for the quick mod making :D

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Beologe wrote:wow seems awesome :o but I can'T activate the flame thrower mod say
Path__flame-thrower-turrets__♀lame-thrower-turret.png not matching the resource path pattern: __source__/path
hope you know what to do with that ^^ and thanks for the quick mod making :D
oops, yeah. It's very very simple actually. I used '\' in the icon path rather than '/'... the '♀' tipped me off :) you can either open data.lua up and replace all back slashes (there are only 2) with a forward slash or simply download the updated one (may be just a couple minutes after this post for dropbox to update)
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- Wiki Modding Guide

Beologe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Beologe »

sweet thanks a lot :D

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Went ahead and made a basic mod to add poisoned ammo. Let me know if ya'll think it's unbalanced :) or more specifically, how you feel it should be balanced :lol:
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- Wiki Modding Guide

Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dysoch »

FreeER, a few thought:
  • You should rename the topic to [0.8.x] Various Mods by FreeER. That would be better, as they work in 0.8
  • You should also make a mod pack. All mods combined. Some people (including me) would like that :P
  • You know poison-3 tech doesnt require poison-2 but poison-1? Intentional?
Creator of:
- DyTech
- DyWorld
- DyWorld-Dynamics
- DyWorld-Dynamics 2
Active since Factorio 0.6

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Dysoch wrote:FreeER, a few thought:
  • You should rename the topic to [0.8.x] Various Mods by FreeER. That would be better, as they work in 0.8
  • You should also make a mod pack. All mods combined. Some people (including me) would like that :P
  • I should, as soon as I make certain they actually are updated...I know I started but I got interrupted and no one was bugging me to update :)
  • I thought about that, and I might, but I wanted to have individual downloads so people can get just what they want
  • Yes, it's intentional because 2 is for rockets and 3 is for piercing shotgun shells which are unlocked with different tech. I didn't want to force people to research explosive rockets to get poisoned piercing shotgun shells, or vice versa.
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- Wiki Modding Guide

Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dysoch »

FreeER wrote:
Dysoch wrote:FreeER, a few thought:
  • I should, as soon as I make certain they actually are updated...I know I started but I got interrupted and no one was bugging me to update :)
  • I thought about that, and I might, but I wanted to have individual downloads so people can get just what they want
  • Yes, it's intentional because 2 is for rockets and 3 is for piercing shotgun shells which are unlocked with different tech. I didn't want to force people to research explosive rockets to get poisoned piercing shotgun shells, or vice versa.
2) i never meant replacing each mod to a modpack, i stated that you should also release a complete package.

and btw, blast mining is incompatible with DyTech. it search for ruby and sapphire, but only ruby-1 throu ruby-5 exisst, not ruby.

local resource = {name=entity.name, count=0}
this needs an statement that it also searches for "resource-name"-1

cloning mod isnt working either, playerremains needs an order string
Creator of:
- DyTech
- DyWorld
- DyWorld-Dynamics
- DyWorld-Dynamics 2

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Dysoch wrote:2) i never meant replacing each mod to a modpack, i stated that you should also release a complete package.

and btw, blast mining is incompatible with DyTech. it search for ruby and sapphire, but only ruby-1 throu ruby-5 exisst, not ruby.
Must have missed 'also' lol
My version of cloning has order = "playerremains" (lol), I started but I don't think think I ever uploaded any that I actually updated because I was going to do them all at once. lol
As for the ruby thing, that is because it uses game.entityprototypes.name to create a list, I do not think I can access 'result' through that. I'll test it when I get the chance, but I'd say it's more your fault than mine :)
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- Wiki Modding Guide

Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dysoch »

FreeER wrote:
Dysoch wrote:2) i never meant replacing each mod to a modpack, i stated that you should also release a complete package.

Must have missed 'also' lol
My version of cloning has order = "playerremains" (lol), I started but I don't think think I ever uploaded any that I actually updated because I was going to do them all at once. lol
As for the ruby thing, that is because it uses game.entityprototypes.name to create a list, I do not think I can access 'result' through that. I'll test it when I get the chance, but I'd say it's more your fault than mine :)
hehehe i can rename ruby-1 (the ore) to ruby. But the problem then still persists, i have ruby-0, which is the useless ore. i can rename it, but i am lazy. (:P)
ill rename then to normal (without the -1 or -0) when i finoshed my recycler :P

edit, working now, renamed every resource to without -0 or -1
Creator of:
- DyTech
- DyWorld
- DyWorld-Dynamics
- DyWorld-Dynamics 2

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Dysoch wrote:hehehe i can rename ruby-1 (the ore) to ruby. But the problem then still persists, i have ruby-0, which is the useless ore. i can rename it, but i am lazy. (:P)

ok, though the actual issue is the difference between the name and the result :) not that it's a number, though ruby and ruby-fake (or fake-ruby) would make it obvious which is which when reading the code :)
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- Wiki Modding Guide

Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dysoch »

FreeER wrote:
Dysoch wrote:hehehe i can rename ruby-1 (the ore) to ruby. But the problem then still persists, i have ruby-0, which is the useless ore. i can rename it, but i am lazy. (:P)

ok, though the actual issue is the difference between the name and the result :) not that it's a number, though ruby and ruby-fake (or fake-ruby) would make it obvious which is which when reading the code :)
it was the difference between name and result. but i fixed that by renaming it all :P
Creator of:
- DyTech
- DyWorld
- DyWorld-Dynamics
- DyWorld-Dynamics 2

Return to “Mods”