Power Leakage and Electrical Substation

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Jackoz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Power Leakage and Electrical Substation

Post by Jackoz »

Hello,
I'm new to the forums and quite new to the game but I'd like to propose an idea that came around after playing a while.

At the moment, it seems to me that the electrical simulation is the one that is less refined so I thought about 2 issues which could improve it (in addition to many others already proposed).

First of all it would be nice to have power leakage that is generated by wires that transport electrical current, which also happens in reality and would be a nice way to force thinking about how and where to place electric poles. This would include also the fact that a small electric pole would have a higher leakage compared to a medium, and a big electric pole would be the more efficient of them all.

From this idea the following thing would be to have electrical substations which should be used and required to raise or lower the transport voltage of electricity. So that a big electric pole won't be able to be connected directly to a low voltage network. All machines except the more demanding one (eg. Electrical Furnace) should require lower voltage to be powered but efficient transmission through big electric poles should be done only through high voltage.

Basically the layout would be somethink like:

power source <-> substation (raise voltage) <-> big eletric pole <--- distance ---> big electric pole <-> substation (lower voltage) <-> normal electric poles <-> power demand

These two factors, combined, would help in thinking more when placing poles instead that filling and scattering them all around the place.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Power Leakage and Electrical Substation

Post by ssilk »

Jackoz wrote:First of all it would be nice to have power leakage that is generated by wires that transport electrical current, which also happens in reality and would be a nice way to force thinking about how and where to place electric poles. This would include also the fact that a small electric pole would have a higher leakage compared to a medium, and a big electric pole would be the more efficient of them all.
Oh, this has been discussed a lot and it comes up every 6 month. I really want to avoid any further discussion. :)

Please read that: viewtopic.php?f=80&t=15546 Cable resistance / Non-looseless Power transmission

Please read that first. There are many sub-ideas, but to make long things short: It's really not possible now.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”