[MOD 0.12.26] Packaged (Crated) Items-Transport more,faster

Topics and discussion about specific mods
TheBauwssss
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[MOD 0.12.26] Packaged (Crated) Items-Transport more,faster

Post by TheBauwssss »

Ok guys, here is my first mod :D

The fastest transport belts were not fast enough, so I decided to add a packaged version of a few items. I don't really care if this exists already, I just thought I would share it with you guys. :)

The items must be packaged and unpacked using any assembly machine. All packages must be researched first.

All packaged items stack to 100.

Download link for version 0.0.1 (Factorio 0.11.22 - 0.12.26)
http://bit.ly/1JAz7eS (direct download)

Available packages:
Packaged Iron Plates (100)
Packaged Copper Plates (100)
Packaged Steel Plates (100)
Packaged Plastic Bars (100)
Packaged Stone Brick (100)
Packaged Copper Cable (200)
Packaged Iron Gears (100)
Packaged Electronic Circuits (200)
Packaged Advanced Circuits (200)
Packaged Batteries (200)
Packaged Stone Wall (50)
Screenshots
Item ids for spawning
Last edited by ssilk on Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Fixed thread title, this needs to be like so.

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.11.22] Packaged (Crated) Items - Transport more, faster

Post by Degraine »

I'm not going to comment onthe utility of the mod, but I think it needs a snappier name. Something like 'Crate Expectations'.

I dunno, I'm bored of all these purely functional mod names lately!

TheBauwssss
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.12.26] Packaged (Crated) Items - Transport more, faster

Post by TheBauwssss »

Updated the mod to 0.12.26. :D

Lurkily
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.26] Packaged (Crated) Items-Transport more,faster

Post by Lurkily »

Will make the same comment here I did on another mod . . . any thoughts on mixed packages? For instance, stacks containing what is needed to create a science pack, in just the right ratios?

TheBauwssss
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TheBauwssss »

Lurkily wrote:Will make the same comment here I did on another mod . . . any thoughts on mixed packages? For instance, stacks containing what is needed to create a science pack, in just the right ratios?
You mean like crafting a crate from 1 inserter and 1 transport belt (For green bottle)? Or the raw materials? (1 crate from 5.5 iron plate and 1.5 copper plate) Or do you mean it just crafts a crate from whatever you put into the assembler?

Yinan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Yinan »

Do I see this right that the packaging doesn't need any extra materials (like a crate or something) and just the materials to package? (which would be awesome, because the added complexity with crates etc. make those mods nearly unusable for me, unless you use a lot of logisitc robots)

And I think he meant mixed packages like in "X Iron Plates, Y Copper Plates and Z Electronic Circuits" for a single package.

TheBauwssss
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TheBauwssss »

Yinan wrote:Do I see this right that the packaging doesn't need any extra materials (like a crate or something) and just the materials to package? (which would be awesome, because the added complexity with crates etc. make those mods nearly unusable for me, unless you use a lot of logisitc robots)

And I think he meant mixed packages like in "X Iron Plates, Y Copper Plates and Z Electronic Circuits" for a single package.
Yes, this mod requires nothing extra to package items. Just the items itself.

Is you want a package with all the components for a particular item, why not just put them in the assembler and make that item?

Yinan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Yinan »

TheBauwssss wrote:Is you want a package with all the components for a particular item, why not just put them in the assembler and make that item?
I was just clarifying what Lurkily asked ^^

The use case would be to produce it at some point and put everything into a package and then transport just that package to another point, where an assembly could then create an item or something like that.

I personally don't think it's necessary, but oh well ^ ^

What would be nice though would be the ability to create smaller packages.
So instead of a package with 100 iron plates, I would want to have one with just 10 or maybe 25 or something like that.
The jump from 1 item on the belt to 100 items on the belt is a little big (and you would most likely packaging to increase thoroughput in your factory, but the jump from 1 to 100 is a little big).

Return to “Mods”